August Platform Upgrade Complete

I’m not getting that either.

But if that was applied to all animated gifs that would actually be really helpful to me. It would be very helpful to anyone with photosenstivity if there was a way to stop autoplaying animations.

4 Likes

My sentiments exactly. If something is sad or has bad news I can’t like the post, my body won’t let me. Many blessings and much love

4 Likes

After giving this new upgrade a go, I’m liking it!
Well done, brother @LemonadeJoe !

4 Likes

Hola Gang

Is that a bug ?
when I scroll down with my mouse
(magic mouse iMac 2021)
it keep jumping back up the
page a little bit I have to scroll many
time to keep at it.
That’s the only site where it does that
and just since the new upgrade.

Thanks to all the Internet Gods

Bare

6 Likes

Hello everyone! Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t upload photos larger than 5 megabytes. I didn’t have such problems before the update. Maybe it’s an internet problem, but I can read.

1 Like

I get the same stutter when scrolling now too. I run a 2020 iMac with Ventura 13.6.9.

For me, this should be a very low priority. It’s a little, emphasis on little, annoying but no more.

Thank you, @LemonadeJoe, for the cool upgrade! I’m liking dark mode!! :+1:

6 Likes

Wonder if clearing browser cache would help :thinking:

1 Like

I’m an old dog, and I like the upgrade… so far :slight_smile: The furniture’s been rearranged a little, but nicely. I’m on a mac with firefox, both fully updated, and no issues. I’m thinking @HolyAngel 's suggestion is a good one. It’s taken me a while to catch on, but clearing out the cache usually sets things straight… then there’s always the unplug option, lol!.. and don’t forget to plug it back in :rofl:

5 Likes

7 Likes

Please check our new Terms of Service:

9 Likes

Today is the last update of green pips / karma system, I promise :wink:

I’ve described the inner workings here:

9 Likes

The intro docs explain that disk space costs money and, asks people to be reasonable with their number of uploaded pics. A limit of 5 pics per upload seems totally reasonable as, it gets tiring scrolling past a dozen blurry pics of flower primordia just because someone wants to showcase their grow’s every single nuance every single day.

7 Likes

Hola Gang

I did find that the keyboard
on my Mac will move the thread
without jitter like my mouse do.

Bare

12 Likes

I use software to compress my images by 85% so they are teeny.

Anyone else looking to do this for emails as well I use:

7 Likes

Thats cool but, Discourse has built-in user-side pre-upload image optimization using Rust, with WebAssembly and MozJPEG… extra compression steps are unnecessary.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the text box has a strike through feature for editing errors made in a post? I’d like to edit mine with a strike through the error word and replace the intended word next to it.

Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

I use a text corrector in Chrome (as an extension) and Android, hope it helps …

2 Likes

If you put ~~ word ~~ ,without the spaces, it will strike through the words for you. word :v:

9 Likes

Thank you! I tried single ~'s but not the doubles. That’s helpful to know. I’m grateful for the shared knowledge. Many blessings and much love

1 Like

I’ve noticed that when I click on the messages tab (on both Android mobile and Mac browser), the topics no longer show the username of the person I was messaging. It shows a small icon of their profile picture, but those will change if that user ever updates their image. This makes it very confusing trying to go through the messages and figure out which is which and who is who. :grimacing:

(I’ll upload a photo in a second)

Many of these DM’s also have the same title, because they are created through the same origin thread - which makes it even more confusing. I think if the username is added somewhere on the topic line, it would clear up much of the confusion

3 Likes