Auto curing buckets

Dang thats cool!

Id imagine you could go a step further with a humidity switch-a-ma-bobber to trigger the air pump instead of a timer

2 Likes

Cunning shit building that one way! :+1: :+1:

That deserves a major award!

major award 2

{edit} There is good… and then there is elegant.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I know this an old thread but did anyone ever build any of these? I’ve been using the auto curing buckets past two grows and like the fact of not having to open a bunch of jars. Have a hard time getting the gamma seal to seal. Just curious what anyone figured out.:grin::green_heart:

2 Likes

I started using grove bags, and they are so easy I never really looked into this any further, myself.

4 Likes

I built one. It works pretty good. I only use it when I run all the same strain and I don’t store in it. I dry for 7-8 days and stick in there so it can sweat a bit and still have circulated air. Just got grove bags but I will probably still use it for when I have bulk of the same thing

3 Likes

I used 1 gallon glass jars with 2 airline check valves in opposing orientation. In the jar is a Grovee bluetooth humidity/temperature sensor and a boveda 62% pack. An aquarium airpump cycles twice a day.

5 Likes

Do they whistle when the pump is running?
I have two that do. Others do not. Thinking I’m not getting a good seal. This is what I put together.

3 Likes

Check the lengths on the cut exhaust hose…
I’ll bet for the two that whistle you have cut the length to the resonance frequency you are hearing. Similar to a flute…
Nip a little off one that whistles and see if the tone changes…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I’ll give that a try. When I get closer to filling all of them up with the :fire: stuff!:grin::green_heart:

1 Like

I had that issue when I first made it. If the lid didn’t sit right and wouldn’t build pressure. Make sure the lid is tight and stick something heavy on top. It should seal up. The whistle is the check valve struggling to open, those little air pumps don’t build a lot of pressure

2 Likes