Autoflower reversal timing (late pollination approach)

i was messing around with sts this run and applied it very very late in flower on a photoperiod plant, she put out some pollen somewhere around week 7. im going to let her get wildly overly ripe and collect seeds. it had me thinking about using this approach intentionally on autos. it would give me some extra time with the plants to see how they grow / pick a pheno, blast her with sts for a couple weeks then let her get overly ripe

does this sound like a decent plan? ive never really worked autos and when i have i always goofed on the timing

1 Like

I have just started thinking about reversing some reg autos I have…was just wondering about timing as well. Interested in what those with experience have to say.

i know for sure you can start spraying lower branches ones they show pistles. thats around day 25. label the lower branches, spray with sts. continue to spray those same branches every 5 days for 4 total applications. somewhere around day 67 you can snip the lower branches. pollination would then be over, from that point let her ripen for 6 weeks. do NOT consume any plant that has ever been treated with sts

2 Likes

That is really interesting, thanks for sharing @sardinebags.

Do you have pics, or any more details of your reversal process?

Thx,
-Grouchy

1 Like

I made about 1000 auto fem seeds I used cs about 3 weeks into flower. Plants started dying as seeds finished maturing. Hope that helps. I’m about a week away from using pollen from a fem Skywalker auto on itself and strawberry banana and . Auto ,copacabana auto and gorilla skittles auto.

i dont have a whole lot of pictures, the process itself is pretty boring. i dont know the exact recipe off hand for sts but its definitely available on the forum somewhere.

i use these brown bottles. they’re nice because the threading allows for the caps to be replaced with a spray bottle mechanism. they also keep the light out.

here is a reversed female that im letting get overly ripe outside. you have to let them go way longer than youd expect so its nice to just put them outside for a bit to free up my tiny tent.

6 Likes