First shot with STS

I have 6 auto Widow Makers that I started from seed. I think they’re maybe 5wks old?

My plan is to reverse 2 of these, and use those to pollinate a few of the remaining 4.
They haven’t gone into flower yet…but I’m sure they will within another week or so.
I’m going to take the 2 for spraying and start them today. I’ve read several different things on how often they need to be sprayed, anywhere from every 3 days to just once in the beginning, and then again 2wks later. So lots of different opinions on that.
I’m going with the every week schedule, and spraying just nodes…not the entire plant.

If anyone has any advice/corrections to this, please chime in and let me know…

Thanks,

Lob

9 Likes

The thing I was told is to start the plant to be reversed then 3 weeks later start the one to be pollinated.
With autos

3 Likes

I like this guide…

I have not used their spray, just the same schedule.

5 Likes

Yes…spent a bit of time on their site this morning…good info there.
It’s too late to stagger the start…and I’ve read different threads where folks have hit just one branch of a plant with STS, and it pollinated the rest of the plant, so not sure that staggering is critical. It may help, but not essential, from what I’ve read.
As long as I spray the pollen donor before she goes into flower, I think I should be ok?

Lob

3 Likes

@ReikoX can help better than me.
I used his method with a Durban sunrise

So I’m sure dudes pull it off but I personally haven’t been able to with autos. The time I tried, I took that mug to 13 weeks and had a bunch of immature seed still. I like working with multiple plants for that reason. Getting that timing perfect. That is the nice thing about this hobby. Everyone has their own methods and many ways work to give the desired result. 1000 ways to skin a cat.

2 Likes

I always start the pollen doner plants three weeks before the rest of my plants. Selfing autos tends to lead to immature seeds IME like @Cbizzle said.

4 Likes

In my experience (I’ve done this before successfully, as have many of us) at about 3 weeks, I just started spraying the one I wanted to turn into a boy. That way, it started soaking in before actual flower and was ready to go (not sure how ‘scientific’ that is, but in my brain seems logical :woman_shrugging:).

Sprayed at least twice a day (there were some days I would miss on/off but not many), until I saw the pollen sacks, and even then, I sprayed for probably 2 weeks into the flower, just to ‘cement’ the transition.

Colloidal silver just straight out of the bottle in a sprayer.

Liquid Silver 16 oz. 240 PPM , Silver MTN Minerals, (Medical Purity Silver Most Bioavailable colloidally Suspended Nano Particles) https://a.co/d/bKjEkI3

You’ll do fine! :call_me_hand::+1::v: Start spraying, and I’d spray more frequently than 1x a week, personally.

And @ReikoX is correct, start the pollinator plant 3 weeks prior.

4 Likes

STS is effective for 3-5 days after application,(personally that’s what makes it better than CS) my last run, i did with chems i mixed myself. I think I spent maybe $50 and have enough for years!
I’ll vouch(not that I’m well known here) for the Mendocino Twenty 20. I used the entire bottle over the course of 2 years and I never saw a drop in performance. Although I did mix it in small batches rather than mix the entirety.

This is something I need to learn.

1 Like