BarefootAndBlazed 2022

Found a good angle. Cavity Crush is up front, Sour Diesel on the right (x2). In the back are two towering Spirit Trains. The left side is AK Bean Brains’ NL 5/1 x Super Skunk. She has been hiding and I haven’t been motivated to pull her out and clean her up. I say I’ll do that when I chop the Cavity Crush in a week or so, but I keep being surprised by how quickly she finishes - under 8 weeks. Her pistils are turning color so fast. It’s completely possible she may end up finishing before the Cavity Crush!

17 Likes

Cleaned the flower tent today. Many of the girls needed support

Cavity Crush still has a week to go

16 Likes

Loos amazing my friend

1 Like

Cavity Crush might be the prettiest plant I’ve grown

She’ll get the chop in the next 72 hours. Thanks to @LedZeppelin for sending the seeds my way and @NugLifeFarms420 for the breeding:
Reeze MAC Flurry × Runtz Bx.

22 Likes

I did a ton of work in the garden today. Finally got a couple Octopots prepped. They’ll be used for the two auto seeds I planted into Solo cups: CannaCheese and Black Cream. It’s my first time with Octopot’s new style of bag and, if first impression is any indication, I’m going to be really pleased. The net cup fits so nicely at the bottom and it’s easy to load the bag with soil while avoiding the leaning tower. I’ll have pics later as the plants grow…

Anyway, I couldn’t resist taking the Cavity Crush into natural light for some pics before I chopped her. If I may beg your indulgence:

Edit to add this Public Service Announcement:. Have you cleaned your pumps recently? I wouldn’t have spent an hour on my cloner pump today if I had kept up on regular maintenance… Such a pain scrubbing all the parts.

19 Likes

Beautiful fading colours :kissing_heart:, do you flush them? Regarding Octopots, they’re becoming trending topic here :grin:, check Jetdro’s thread, lots of info and even the owner is around to help … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

I was curious about their new bags. And yes, I NOW keep up with cleaning my pumps. Only because I had one that went to shit because I never took care of it!!

2 Likes

Not really. I change nutes towards the end of flower to a 5-12-26 formula. I don’t mix as much into the solution. I’ve only flushed a few times. I’m not opposed to it but the timing never seems to work for me.

I’ve run Octopots many times before, but not since early this year. I’ve been growing so many strains and I couldn’t fit them all in the tents if I only used Octopots. I’ve been staring at them sitting empty for months and telling myself to get them running again. They introduced a new style of fabric pot which I filled for the first time today. There are now four pronounced seams along the bottom which makes it fit and sit much better than the previous iteration.

7 Likes

Guess I’m going to have to get hold of @Octochris and order 6 or 12 of them. Run them my next cycle!

3 Likes

kick ass growing man super props :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

This evening I whipped up a batch of infused coconut oil with the Magical Butter Machine. There’s 3oz of Orange Goji in there. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

That looks amazing!!

1 Like

Bro get goin what you waiting on

Yes they grow themselves but they still need a plant

3 Likes

About time you break the Octo’s back out!!

1 Like

I love that machine!
it does a brilliant job :+1:

…In spite of the noise and it’s minimum requirement of 2+ cups…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

It’s been a little quiet since the Cavity Crush - which is still hanging on to some grape smell in cure.

I’ve had a few mishaps:
Sour Diesel got a touch of botrytis
Cracked a branch off a Blueberry
After cleaning the exterior cloth of my flower tent’s filter I walked back into the room to see it tumble from where I thought it was secured. That took out a good chunk of a plant which kinda sucked, but it did make it easier for me to solve my overcrowding issue. :wink:

But everything else is going swimmingly! I can hang 3 plants at a time in my 2x4 drying tent. As soon I’d pull one out to trim I’d have another ready to chop. I’ve definitely spent a lot of time in “trim heaven” recently.

I moved three JOTI Pure Blueberry girls into flower along with another Cavity Crush.

I also finally dusted off my Octopots!!! I planted two autos that will grow in Octo’s in my 4x8 veg tent (CannaCheese and Black Cream). I also planted clones of Sour Diesel and Cavity Crush directly into Octopots. They will get topped and put into flower early.

The Black Cream was started later so it is still in a Solo cup but it appears that the CannaCheese roots hit the reservoir this week!

Wednesday

Thursday

Saturday

14 Likes

About time you got back to the Octo’s!! :roll_eyes::grin:

3 Likes

Can you see how this style bag sits a little different? They are wider and shorter than the original. They have four seams so the bottom sits flat. You can see one of them in the front in the last two pics and how it runs all the way to the top. I’ll post better pics another time, but so far so good.

4 Likes

I have 6 that I’m using for the first time on the next cycle.

2 Likes

Just for fun, here are more daily pics of the CannaCheese.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday (this morning)

18 Likes