BarefootAndBlazed 2022

Hey OG growmies! As a quick reminder, I’m a licensed medical grower for myself and two other patients in Missouri. I can legally cultivate 18 seedlings/clones, 18 in veg, and 18 in flower at a time. I grow in an 8x4 tent and flower in a 5x5. I don’t have room for 54 plants at once, but it’s nice to not battle the plant count limits. I use fabric pots and Octopots using ProMix with added perlite (and sometimes add some lime and EWC) under LEDs. My “big” light is a Fluence SPYDRx Plus, and I have a handful of SpiderFarmer SF2000s, plus T5s for seedlings and clones. I feed Jack’s (20-20-20 in veg, 10-30-20 in early flower, 5/12/26 in late flower) with some CalMag and silica.

My grow last year hit a big snag late summer with a broad mite infestation. They’re evil!!! I had to toss all my plants and sanitize everything. This coincided with a trip out of town and other life things so my garden sat fallow until the very end of the year. On 12/26/21 I planted six autoflower seeds just to get jars filled - two of those didn’t germ so they were replaced on 12/31. Three of those six have been chopped and are hanging whole to dry (Creme de la Chem, Forum Stomper, Double Grape - all from Mephisto), while the remaining three (Mephisto’s Samsquanch and Walter White, plus Demonic Genetics’ Strawberry Cheesecake) may need another week or three.

My next round are regular plants grown from seed. I don’t think I mentioned that I’m not taking in clones anymore as I believe they were the source of my broad mites. Plus, I have a shitload of seeds and need to use them! There are so many strains I want to grow that I couldn’t decide on a single variety for my next crop. Instead I planted four pairs: Tangie F2 (via @Sebring ), Bodhi’s Smart Move, Baked Beanz’s Port Wine Cheese @SamwellBB , and NL 5/1 x Super Skunk from AK Bean Brains. I used Farmer Freeman to test their gender and ended up with one Tangie, two Port Wine Cheese, and a single NL x Skunk female. Those were started at the end of January. Once I chop the remaining autos, these will go under the big light, get topped, and have clones taken.

Meanwhile, I started another crop the first week of March - again with four pairs: Bodhi Spirit Train F2, Aficionado White Cherry Truffle from the private run here, Karma x Rez Sour Diesel cross from the private run here, and Bruce Banner F2 from Boundless Genetics @HeadyMcDank. I’ve had to replace both Bruce Banners and one Sour Diesel for the same reason: helmet head caused the stalk to rot where the shell made contact. Fortunately the replacements are happy with no issues.

This year I hope to hunt through some Blueberry strains, grow the Romulan and the William’s Wonder I picked up from AK Bean Brains, a bunch of Bodhi, a bunch of JOTI, and perhaps some other gems. I’m not afraid to throw more autos into the mix if I end up with poor germ rates or whatever.

Anyway, I hadn’t posted in my previous thread for months so here’s to new beginnings!

9 days later:

Then another 9 days later:

The remaining three: Samsquanch in the foreground, Strawberry Cheesecake on the left, Walter White on the right

Different angle (L to R: Samsquanch, Strawberry Cheesecake in the back, Walter White). I’ve grown Walter White before (Mephisto’s autoflower take on Krome’s The White - a really, really nice sativa) and it got pretty big (5.3oz dried harvest in 73 days). This round it was always lagging behind the other plants and much shorter - but WOW has it come into its own at the end! It’s now taller than all the others and really spreading out. The other two will come down fairly soon, but the Walter White is loving life right now since it has room to stretch out. I’ll give it however long it needs…

68 Likes

Nice! Excited to see the Smart Move, almost grabbed some a while back myself.

Those are some fine looking autos too!

2 Likes

Pulling up a chair for this one!
:vulcan_salute: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

KC area checking in!

4 Likes

Unfortunately both my Smart Moves were male so I culled them. I have more seeds to try later. I may be more tempted to try other Bodhi strains first since I have a bunch I’m excited to grow (Black Triangle, Golden Hashplant, Cherry Queen, etc).

I’ve got the Spirit Train going now. I’m a big fan of Trainwreck and I couldn’t resist planting these after seeing pics of other Spirit Train grows.

9 Likes

Nice strain collection, beautiful and healthy plants, glad you left back those nasty bugs, following along … popcorn

2 Likes

Pullin up a chair for this one.

2 Likes

Watching from mid/nw mo. You got this. Almost just emptied my flower tent, with nothing really ready out of the veg tent.

1 Like

Hi there @BarefootAndBlazed good to see you around
I’ll tag along if you don’t mind
Paps

2 Likes

May I have the spot next to you @Papalag

1 Like

Broad mites I’ve heard suck …ill stick around, just need to dig in to my gorilla glue…

2 Likes

Very cool, love the variety, definitely down to watch this grow show ! I’ve got a few of those mephisto strains as well and have yet to grow a single auto so I’ll be watching intently throughout

1 Like

Awesome selection!

I am excited to see what u find in those banners and the others!..

I been trying to get a hold of some of those white cherry truffle for a bit… super excited to see those too! I got a few cherry pie x black lime reserve crosses i have been working lately and the rossa corsa too… i am sooo hooked on those cherry lime terps!..

Take care! Talk soon!

2 Likes

Slides up a chair… late to the party… :green_heart:

peace ☆ djsf

1 Like

It was so pleasant out this evening that I sat on the deck to trim - with some reggae blasting on the stereo. This is the Creme de la Chem.

I’ve chopped 4 of the 6 autos. Only the Samsquanch and Walter White remain. Maybe another week? They’re only getting pHed water at this point.

29 Likes

I up-potted my next crop from Solo cups to 1 gallon bags today. That’s two each of Bruce Banner, Spirit Train, and White Cherry Truffle. Not pictured is a Sour Diesel.

There’s the Sour D! It’s on the left side of the 6-7 week old girls (NL5/1 x SuperSkunk, Tangie, and two Port Wine Cheeses)

I’ve been neglecting them a bit - biding my time until there’s room under the big light. I’ll top and take clones from those once I chop the Walter White which is looking GREAT!!!

26 Likes

pretty bud of that Creme de la Chem

nice choice of music - reggae goes great with the outdoors

jack this one up the next time

4 Likes

I spent quite a few hours on the garden this week. I hadn’t used my cloner in 9 months so I got that up and running, then took a handful of cuttings from the NL x Skunk, Tangie, and Port Wine Cheeses.

I chopped the last two autos Monday. They hung all week, then I’ve been trimming all weekend. The top producers of the 6 plants were Strawberry Cheesecake (from Demonic Genetics) at 5.5oz and the Walter White at 5.8oz.
Walter White:

I’m looking forward to seeing a “growmie” this week. He’s bringing some of his harvest over to squish using my Dabpress. That should be fun!

19 Likes

Pics taken today:
The row of four is bookended by White Cherry Truffles with Spirit Trains in the middle. The row of three has the BIG Sour Diesel and two Bruce Banners

Cuttings in the cloner

The mothers of the clones were put into 12/12 yesterday. That is two Port Wine Cheeses on the left with NLxSkunk and Tangie on the right.

19 Likes

Great progress for just ten days in their new shoes … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes