Basically the only "nute" you need

Looking at that PDF looks like the values are actually coming from the salt water it’s self or at the minimum the residual left in the kelp from the salt water.

I’d certainly like to see some plants grown exclusively in kelp in an inert medium. I have my doubts they’d make it at all.

7 Likes

I know the ascophyllum nodosum only because it’s the most common variety at Hampton Beach in NH and Salisbury Beach in MA. It has little egg shaped pockets all along it’s length, that I used to ‘pop’ as a kid. Maxicrop’s entire business is thanks to this seaweed.

Some places pack there lobsters in it before shipping – let’s see if I can find a vendor online.
I don’t believe it grows in warmer waters.

16 Likes

Idk how many times ive told you to do that bro😂

2 Likes

Not enough apparently… LOL

ROFL

4 Likes

Hahahahahaha yeah man ive told ya where to get kelp and malted barley in CR lotsXD you kept saying “we cant get kelp here” hahahahahahahXD

2 Likes

The whole f**king country is surrounded by kelp! HAHAHAHAHA

4 Likes

Try it out then dude. You wont know till you try. Im not gonna be the one buying an inert media. Doesnt even make sense😂

2 Likes

I know bro ive googled it a few times😂 hahahah awesome! Now you know bro

4 Likes

It’s because of the threads title. He’s technically right, it’s unlikely that kelp happens to have all the nutrients in the right proportions for Cannabis. But that’s a bit excessively literal.

3 Likes

I’ve been using some of this - btw, there’s no kelp “meal”, they just dry it and fine-grind it. I think I paid $14 for this bag

5 Likes

kelp also contains amino acids not found on land.

4 Likes

Got a source for that?

4 Likes

Lecture from Harley Smith of npk industries.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard that before. Did they specify what amino acids and what if any benefit they provide? Thanks

3 Likes

That’s a good vid! He has A great cloning one also!

3 Likes

I’m sure he did. I don’t want to misquote so I’ll find my notes when I get home and get back to you.

2 Likes

Yes it is. At one time they had a webinar
type deal and he went in to more detail than he does on youtube. But those are still packed full of great info.

2 Likes

@RickSanchez
I all i wrote in my notes was it has aminos not found on land. I’ll research and get back to you with the actual name. i’m sure i have it written down somewhere.

3 Likes

This thread is sooo helpful… Wow I handle ,and am around rockweed/kelp everyday at work…never realized just much I have been taking this natural resource for granted…no more Paying for veg. Ferts. For this guy…gonna start bringing home a bucket of goodies off the boat.Yay I love mother nature!! And O.G

5 Likes

$14 a bag for what I used to consider a pain in the arse and to think I have been taking this stuff off our lobster gear and throwing it back in the ocean…from now on I will be collecting and utilizing it for my cultivation.!!

7 Likes