Basically the only "nute" you need

So you’re a lobsterman? I think you rinse off the salt water & you’re good to go. It’s all over the beaches after storms too, I’ve been meaning to collect some for my outdoor beds.

3 Likes

Also use Neptune’s Kelp and down to earth’s… throw it in my bubbling rez and my soil mixes. Even mix with top crop seed and a bunch of other raw organic ammendments and too dress.

Plants seem to love it!

5 Likes

Man im a 3 minute walk from some of the richest seaweed on the planet… i should do something about that.

3 Likes

so i followed the clack recipe about 9 months ago, barely used any. if anything, i don’t need it. worm food? compost? add to the “old soil & worms” bag?
i figure it’s still good, maybe even vine-ripened by now. it’s just nice having something in that fridge drawer besides empty space. :cry: :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Feed it to the worms they will LOVE it!

6 Likes

So @Swampthing, would you use the kelp in addition to MegaCrop? Is this only in veg? Thanks! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Funny, went by my buddy’s a couple days ago and that’s the fertilizer he uses. Made sure to check the ingredients and seems to really cover all the bases. Though it does have the chemical salts that every other bottled nute has… unless you’re a stickler for going all the way organic (which I’m still on the fence on) MegaCrop really has everything you need… and including Kelp extract. At what amount is the real question though… the extra Kelp certainly wouldn’t hurt. I’m a big fan of Kelp post transplant. But using it with MegaCrop wouldn’t hurt, but it is already in the MegaCrop. I’m pretty sure MegaCrop is a full spectrum nutrient and can be used any time in a plants life. The only issue is whether or not you want to give the plant the nitrates in full flower when they’re not necessary. Like I said though, I’ve not used this product personally and am only going off of what my buddy has told me and what I’ve read about the product. Honestly though, it seems like the complete package and is a fraction of the price you would pay with all the different bottles that it adds up to be. So my two cents, i dunno… maybe a little extra Kelp post transplant but otherwise I would guess the MegaCrop is covering that base in general feedings.

Below is the picture I’ve found of MegaCrops ingredients… it’s the only thing I read when buying nutrients. So many bottles out there are filled with water and “monopotassium phosphate” and then they slap a pretty label on the thing and charge $100. The label seems to be the only thing that differs one bottled nutrient from the other now a days. Of course this is a generalization, but you’d be surprised if you went down the aisle of your local hydro store and just read the ingredients on the stuff. All in all, I was pretty impressed with what I’ve seen with MegaCrop. Seems to be cheap and easy. Not to mention easy…

8 Likes

By the way, just checked their site… and they have a 100% off promo right now for the 230g bag. From my understanding you use about 5g per feeding… so that’s 46 feedings for free. Of course you pay for shipping but still…

On checkout the code is “MegaCropPromo”

Cheers!

8 Likes

Awesome…thanks @Swampthing. Only $3.18 to ship to my area.
Definitely gonna give this a try

3 Likes

It’s good I use it on my grow check it out and see the results for urself

3 Likes

Just ordered some myself. Going to play around with it and see how it does.
Planning on mostly testing it as a chelated bulking nutrient additive during the flower bulking phase in living organic soil.

6 Likes

Will be interesting to see what happens

megacrop contains nodosum kelp extract

2 Likes

:ok_hand:

One of University Departments here in Czechia just patented fertilizer with commercial name “Aucyt Start” that contains synthetic derivative of Cytokinin that promotes cell division in growing shoots (both offshoots and branching). They use it especially for grain crops and have been able to achieve 30% yield increase in rye and barley crops. Seems like it can help Cannabis too…

(Kelp and coconut milk are two sources of natural cytokinins.)

Link to article (sorry only google translate from czech)

11 Likes

Cytokinins have been shown to slow aging of plant organs by preventing protein breakdown, activating protein synthesis, and assembling nutrients from nearby tissues.[3]

:v:
:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

COMPOST is the new new.

5 Likes

I give my plants a little coconut water frequently as a treat. My brother @Morgwar edifies me on these things.
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Is this @lotus710 the guy that goes by “no-till hippie”?

3 Likes

Who Dat @lotus710?
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

That would be him, yes

4 Likes