oyster shell
kelp meal
alfalfa meal
epsom salt
lime
azomite
powdered humic acid
glacial rock dust
I was gonna use subcool’s recipe but as always im second guessing myself. Most of my girls finish in 60 to 70 days and I would like to be able to run max 3gal pots. I was going to use sunshine #4 mix as a base untill i read sub said that was his last choice. I was going to try promix organic vegetable mix as my base. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

above Super Critical CBD gonna try another week

above Blueberry Cough lost track of this one :laughing: i thinks she had a couple weeks in her yet :dash::dash::dash:
take a toke and pass it on :dash::maple_leaf::guitar::sunglasses:

10 Likes

Base Mix
7.5 gallons of peat moss
4.5 gallons of perlite
3 gallons of fresh EWC
2.5 cups of dolomite lime

Ammend with
2 cups bone meal
1 cup blood meal
1 cup kelp meal

Makes two cubic feet. Save a little of the base mix for clones and seedlings.

34 Likes

Thank you! I was hoping you would reply when I wrote this :grin: I scoured your posts looking but wow there’s alot :+1::grin:

5 Likes

water only in 3 gallon pots isn’t going to happen. Your setting yourself up for disappointment. If you can’t go bigger than 3 gallon pots , be prepared to feed your plants because that pot size isn’t going to work

7 Likes

The recipe I posted should work just fine with water only through flower in 3-gallon pots. Just ask @Baltimore :wink:

9 Likes

I will be up potting from 1 gal to 3 gal right before flower. I think that was where i heard testimony of a second run water only in the same pots :wink:
I am obviously going to try and reuse as much as I can for as long as I can. Just started my worm bin bout 30 days ago and they are happy so am I.
@ReikoX does this need to “cook”? I assume so since it has blood meal but thats a guess. Gotta pull out that Teaming with Microbes :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Yeah, forgot to mention that. Give it about three to four weeks to cook.

8 Likes

true that. i’m doing a living soil grow in 5 gallon smart pots and watering every day. wont be using anything less than 10 gallon pots from now on.

5 Likes

That sounds like a lot of water :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:
plants like a relative wet/dry cycle
:+1:

1 Like

Smart pots (fabric) loose water much quicker, but they let the roots breath. It’s almost impossible to overwater with fabric pots, unless your medium is pure peat.

2 Likes

which in a indoor is gonna add to the humidity.

2 Likes

I use a similar plastic air pot to help limit size 2 gallon 10 inch diameter

But moving forward i already have 3 gallon square rose pots that will be more suited to an organic soil.

3 Likes

That looks like Lc’s soilless mix from back in the day. I ran a mix almost identical to that years ago when I first started growing and it was lacking. Have you grown a plant to completion in a 3 gallon pot using only this ?

3 Likes

I feel your pain. I just did a run in the spring with just over 80 plants in 3 gallon smart parts. I won’t ever be doing that again :joy:

4 Likes

Put a few of your worm homies into the pot also it will only help it down the road! I even get some in my 16 oz pots from time to time sometimes deliberately and other times from cocoons .(worm eggs)

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly the mix, I got it off of this thread on ICMag. They even suggest 3-gall9n pots in that thread. Yes, I have grown plants to completion in 3-gallon pots with this mix. You can view the results in my Workshop thread.

I personally use a modified Coots mix in no-till, but find this to be a much simpler place for someone building soil for the first time.

7 Likes

Not in organic soil. Your always wanting to keep the soil moist, never dry

4 Likes

I have lots of experience with that soil mix, I used it almost 15 years ago. It’s a decent base but it falls short and isn’t a good “water only” mix. Maybe in a larger container it would be better but it’s nothing I would use without additional additives.

I think whatever your soil mix is, 3 gallon pots just lack the soil volume to harbor enough microbial to handle the demands for 9 weeks or more of flower. You will certainly get deficiencies as I’m sure you already now.

6 Likes

Stoner that i am forgot that i used that mix before with great success about 10 years ago. Thanks for the reminder @ReikoX. Alot of times I top dressed with ewc half way thru flower.
This is what I’m going with and will post my results here

8 Likes

Thank you very much! I would love to do some sort of bigger container but my tent is only 5ft total in height and 4x4 in my 6ft crawl space. I don’t think I ever want something that big that I have to haul out there :woozy_face::rofl:

1 Like