Battery backup, Who's using them?

So, It’s that time of year again and the storms and wind have been knocking out power all around my city but hasn’t affected me yet. If anyone here at OG could share their battery backup setup and ideas to keep their grows running smoothly when there is a power outage for several hours to several days.

I’m currently running 2 APC 600’s Battery Backups to run my AC Infinity 4" and 6" fans for up to 2 hours per battery backup and also invested in a silent generator made by ECHO E.G-3600LN for power when lights are out for several days. My timers are digital and have built in batteries so that you don’t have to reset them when the power comes back on.
The APC 600’s work great and have come in handy several times over the years by keeping the air flowing and the odor under control.
The reason I got the Battery Backups was primarily for the duct fans because I came home one day after work and noticed a very familiar smell when I parked my car about 50 yards away from my apartment and thought nothing of it at the time until I got closer to the door. Thank god that the neighbors didn’t call the landlord or else I’d be sleeping in my tent instead of a cozy place.
Here is some info for those that are interested in getting a battery backup for a reasonable price starting at $50 on sale to about $79 at regular price.

IMG_3321

3 Likes

Interesting topic! Great idea. I can’t wait to see if anyone else has failsafe options like batteries. I’ve thought about this myself when the power has gone out but never really pursued it.

1 Like

Hi kushdaddy,
I’ve often wondered if others are using fail-safe’s also. I love the fact that you don’t have to reset all the temp, alarm, and -4 settings anymore with the AC Infinity fans when the power goes down and if you set your fan to run at 3 or 4 speed, you can get at least 2 hours of run time off one battery. The other great thing about having one is that you can run your vents and network at the same time and get a least 1hour and 15 min off the battery depending on the dsl and router watts. I think it’s worth the investment and hope you get one down the road even if it’s used for your network or computer.

Does anyone recommend any lights that pop on when it goes dark I could put in my tent that had battery packs that are rechargeable for when the lights go out ?I have a champion dual fuel generator I just wanted something for my veg tent in the quick time until I got the generator going.

1 Like