Beans for everyone (Part 2)

So far the aphids have got the best of me. On the other hand my lady bugs that I release last weekend are doing great LOL

7 Likes

Have you tried diatomaceous earth on themā€¦works on a lot of bugs

4 Likes

Darn, bud, that is a tough one to swallow. Do you have an infested outdoor plot with a door close to your grow that they keep coming in through? Do you have pets that go outdoors and then come inside and visit your growing area? Do you have indoor houseplants that are infected? The first thing to do is find their reservoirā€¦ where they are coming fromā€¦ and eradicate them there. Then and only then will you be able to eradicate them inside your grow.

3 Likes

No pets, no other plants, winter outside.
I am thinking they came with my soil. If the isopropyl works instead of the ethanol, I am all set today, my last package just come in to make the one and done spray.

7 Likes

I still mummify the aphids with safers BTK. Iā€™m not sure why, but it kills them all.

2 Likes

Iā€™d ask JP if that would work before you go ruining a batch. I was going to make that stuff up last spring when I had spider mites, but couldnā€™t get the ethyl alcohol. My plants werenā€™t too big so I tried completely dunking them, upside down, into a pail of Ferminator, the plant wash. I did that 3 days in a row, then again a week later. Killed 'em.

3 Likes

I had to spray stuff today. Black flies. It was in one container. I use neemoil max and dawn with hydrogen peroxide. Nothing likes to smell of that stuff. If it burns me, I know it burns them.
I have some seeds from over the years from members here, giveaways, stuff like that. Some just got extremely too big for me something I didnā€™t wanna deal with some had a few little problemsā€¦ some I have not even tried. if youā€™re in the states and youā€™re looking for a big bag of beans Iā€™m getting rid of them. Iā€™ll get a list ready. But Iā€™m not trying to hand out to a bunch of beans to everyone. More like one big bag.

4 Likes

That sounds like a job forā€¦@misterbee!!!

5 Likes

I appreciate that thatā€™s some good advice. Iā€™m not good with a bunch of shipping. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t think theyā€™re any good. I just have several copies and I donā€™t think that Iā€™m ever going to grow them.

3 Likes

Already taken care of. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

What is this, may I ask?

2 Likes

Good advice.

1 Like

for the assist.

7 Likes

You are always there for me.

4 Likes

That is actually pretty good. Iā€™m just doing the top of the soil more of a prevention.

2 Likes

Yah , it says itā€™s for caterpillars, but Iā€™ve used it 10 different times to mummify the aphids. Afterwards the syrphid flies ate them.

1 Like

Thereā€™s some photos from the study on the aphids. You can see they all died somehow.

5 Likes

I would be interestedā€¦ I usually grow em outside and i love big ones. Im waiting till march when i have more than 12hr sunlight. And i have a lot of yard space so i am interested if not too late

1 Like

BTK in US is

3 Likes

ā€¦Fucking Dennis Rader, Manā€¦ if I had a nickleā€¦

2 Likes