Beans for everyone (Part 4)

Yes, I am, but my daughter is out fishing me this morning.

13 Likes

lol sounds like my daughter that just means pops taught her how to get it done.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s gotta be a proud moment :grin::metal:

3 Likes

I love it so much. I canā€™t wait to get back to the campground to hear her tell everyone. Music to my ears.

11 Likes

Man I wish I was surrounded with forest, this city crap is for the rats.

5 Likes

That is how memories are built, she will never forget days like today you can be sure. Us dads teach our daughters how they should be treated, it makes it harder for all the fools out there to play them when they are older.

18 Likes

No truer words have been spoken, thanks for that.
Brought a little tear to my eye thinking about that.

13 Likes

Thank you thceed. Package arrived yesterday. Not sure when they were sent but they arrived.

Enjoy the trip and catch some big ones.

19 Likes

Thanks, glad to see that they landed. Also thanks for letting me know.

10 Likes

Received a nice letter today from @THCeed w/ some pina pound cake and freaks inside. It is certainly appreciated. Thank you, good sir! Iā€™m not sure what I did to get them, but I pledge to keep not knowing what Iā€™m doing so the bean gods may continue to bestow their glory unto meā€¦

Speaking of freaks, their old camouflage finished for the season they had to find some new flowers to blend in with. Thereā€™s a tallish male & a shorty female at the bottom right. Behold!

A shot from amidst the wildflower patch.

A shot from a few feet back.

Blending in pretty well, next year Iā€™ll ditch the fabric pot and plant straight in the ground & maybe top once. This was a trial year to make beans & find out which varieties of wildflowers need to be planted to keep good coverā€¦ so as one type is going to seed, another is ready to bloom. If you imagine them about 14" shorter , they seem like theyā€™d blend in w/ the patch pretty well. The flowers draw the eye without blocking enough light to worry about. We shall see how well it works next year.

Thanks again bud. That surprise letter made my day. :+1:

23 Likes

Looks like a great day on the water, I am sure you and your daughter are having a blastā€¦ I am digging the cool croc fishing shoesā€¦ styling and profiling

6 Likes

Server auction beans landed, thank you šŸ«¶šŸ¼

6 Likes

Thanks for posting about the beans landing. It does feel good to hear when they land. Speaking about land, land hoe.

Caught a couple of things. A pickerel in the slot size, Dā€™OH and a pair of bald eagles. Both beautiful to see.
Oh yeah, and a sunset. Have a smokin evening.

28 Likes

Great camoā€¦the freakshow leaves are very similar to some varieties of marigold :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I donā€™t see my name :cry: :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey thanks. I remember they did well early on w/ the marigolds; that was their first camouflaged home but they got too big for their britches. I found seed for some marigolds that get up to 36" tall to try out next year. I may have to do a tall marigold patch & a mixed wildflower patch and see which works out better. Iā€™ll have to find a use for twice as much bud thoughā€¦ the horror!

6 Likes

What variety of marigold is that and where can I find the seeds? I just got freakshow from the server auction and plan to run it outdoors next year and 3 foot marigold plants just sounds cool either way.

5 Likes

These guys claim up to 4ft tall:

And these say 36"

I cant say if its true as I havenā€™t tried them out yetā€¦ but I will in the spring.

4 Likes

We have lots of marigold varieties as itā€™s used for temples, marriages and suchā€¦will make enquiries as to which are the tallest ones :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you, Iā€™m adding these to must have list for next yearā€™s garden.

3 Likes