I built an aero cloner in a 6 gal fermentation bucket, 3 weeks ago, it has 18 holes, 1 for the power cord to the pump. I took 26 cuttings and doubled up on some of the holes. I use aloe juice for rooting and scrape the stems with my thumb nail and just plain tap water in the bucket. I trim the ends off the leaves and 45 degree cut on the stems.
My pump runs for 5 minutes every hour to keep the water cooler. I mist the plants with a weak 2.6.4 liquid fert if your going to mist them its better to give them a bit of food in it, otherwise just mist the inside of the humidity dome with water, which I do as well. Temps are constant at 75F with humidity in the cabinet at 60-70% outside the humidity domes.
First week I had roots showing on 8 cuttings, any that didn’t, got more aloe juice on the stems and after 2 weeks, 17 had roots, and the first 8 were taken out and put in solo cups under a humidity dome for 3-4 days while they set there roots, the roots were covered with mycorrhizae powder and some bone meal in the soil around the roots as well.
I lost 4 cuttings over all, and the rest just went under the humidity domes this morning to finish of setting there roots. I have tried cloning with DWC, jiffy pucks and soil, with varying degrees of success, this is by far the most successful way of cloning I have found so far. I think the most important aspect is a constant temp and humidity in your clone room/tent and the light foliage feed, which stops them burning up all their energy.
A pic, its back left, put foil tape on it to make sure no light was getting in. Domes come from the dollar store.