Best way to flush in coco to fix phosphorus

Hello everyone. So just like the title says, I have a phosphorus excess and would like to know the best way to flush coco and what strength nute solution to use. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I generally flush coco with regular nutrient solutions. IMO the best way is just to soak it with your desired nutrient profile and get a lot of runoff. Pure water will unbuffer your coco, and if you’re already in flower, it can cause problems. So I typically will only ever give pure water during a flush at the end of flowering.

5 Likes

Ok. I’ll try that and water 2 gal per plant instead of the regular 1/2 gal, or is that overkill you think?

It is very unlikely you have too much P.

http://passel.unl.edu/pages/informationmodule.php?idinformationmodule=1130447043&topicorder=3&maxto=15

If you do, it is probably insoluble. Don’t give it any more.

What’s your pH to water them and their run off? Symptoms?

2 Likes

Is this the same if you grow in coco or just soil? I was going to start flowering soon so how would I limit P? I ph 5.8-6.0, and runoff ph was 5.8, 6.2, and 6.9. I did a slurry test and the ph tested at 6.4. All the plants are showing the same symptoms. I will try and post pics soon.

Soil is a bit different. Coco is essentially soilless hydroponics, but it has cation exchange properties similar to soil. Poor quality coco coir also needs rinsed of salt before use.

What’s you’re ec or ppm?

Those pHs seem ok. Ideal would be ~5.5-6. If the media is slightly basic I would water a bit acidic. But if the numbers are right, it’s probably not pH either.

For a general flush I would do 3 times the volume of soil with a quarter strength nutrient solution.

What kind of nutrients? Temperatures? And pics.

1 Like

Idk my ppms right now cause I don’t have a pen anymore, but I use gh flora micro and bloom using the head formula 6/9 ratio. 6 ml micro and 9 ml bloom per gal plus 4ml per gal of calimagic. I use ro water and when my pen was working it used to come out to about 900 ppms. I also use cyco coco coir 70/30 perilite blend that’s supposed to be washed and buffered. Here’s a couple pics. Sorry shitty camera lol :weary:

1 Like

I feed/watered the past 2 nights using gh maxibloom at 7 grams per gallon with half strength calmag.

1 Like