Biggest light I can fit in a 4x2

I’m rocking a 4x2 with two lights : 220W (SF2000 knock off $150CAD) + 150W (Wills LED $80CAD) = 370W

4x2 = 8sq ft. 370W/8 = 46.25W sq ft

Here’s some pics

And the results

4 Likes

Around 17"-20" or so.

The pics below are from my first ever grow. Pulled just over a full pound dry. The HLG rocks a 2x4…
1234 12345

2 Likes

Two lights is great as well! Could use that on current grow. Had to raise plant and base. Would be easier to lower a single lamp while the other lamp stays higher :100:

2 x viparspectra xs1500 pro. 150 watts each. Work really well.

In a 4 x 2 space I am using 2 Mars Hydro TS 1000. Each draws 150 watts. So times 2 =300 watts.

Added less than $10 a month to the electric bill. Look for bargains. I bought one for $89 and the other for $109.

2 Likes

this is what i have in my 4x2

That tent is on its side so its really 2x4

1 Like

Here’s my new 3x3 with 1 xs1500 vipar pro. 2 of these in a 2x2 low heat led really cheap too, well built and thought out.

3 Likes

After much experimenting I have come to the conclusion that my HLG260 is too much light at full power in a 4x2. I had better results at 60 percent.

1 Like

I noticed the $399 price tag for an extra 130 watts.

This is what I use and I like being able to have the 2 lights at different heights for different plants but daisy chained together to be the same brightness at the same distance from the canopy

That viparspectra was 78$. I bet 420 sale even cheaper. 150 watts

1 Like

Idk, you still wanting to upgrade?
I have a space about that dimension and I am running a TS1000, that’s 150w and I feel it isn’t enough because one run I did with 400w hps was like outdoor yelds, very thick and heavy buds compared to 150w led so my schoice is the tsl2000 but too pricey and not in stock in EU site.

With more power you need more venting the heat buildup is crazy. I had to go low power, cheap fans. The YouTube vids are great place to learn about the light.

With 400w hps I had a cooltube and one fan just for the lamp and temperatures always high, with leds is much more heat friendly.

Weird. My HLG350R kills it in my 2x4 at full power. 20" distance. The plants have all loved it.

2 Likes

Just checking back in on this thread after several years with the Grow Light Science 300 in a 2x4; still happy with it, still creating huge yields of superb weed. It’s overkill for this short tent though, in retrospect I’d probably have been happy with the 200 in this space and just keep it wide-open all the time. As it is, the 300 can definitely nuke young plants if you bring them over from the clone nursery and don’t dial everything way way way down. That said, a few weeks under 1/4 power and then you can just turn it all the way up and they grow into the sweet-spot.

1 Like

Nice lights!!

1 Like

Ill report in too my viparspectra xs1500pro. After maybe a month. I haven’t had the light past 25% seems best at 5% for seedling and veg growth 12" inches away or 25% half way up the tent. +2 degree temp change at 25%. With venting on 1. 3x3 tent. Dout ill ever go past 75%.

1 Like

Great topic guys…Im looking at trying the Mars FC4000 EVO Or 2 FC3000s or A HLG…I Run a Viparspectra 1500 pro and A Mars TS1000 in my 3 x 3…Tho i want ideally 1 overpowered light i can Run cool or at below Full Throttle…I think moving to bar lights is a great new step in the right direction just for my own experience…tho i have a great Nostalgia and Softspot for Mars and Viparspectra lights that have served me well…I havnt tried others to be fair…Ive just joined this Forum…After Finally Deciding a 4 x 2 tent is going to be more practical than the Vivosun Grey 4 x 4…Which I quite liked…but downsized to 3 x 3 and was …dissapointed in both the Spiderfarmer and Vivosun 3 x 3 tents…but both have better features than the other…Spider farmer was better Canvas and reflectiveness imo…but crap hanging bars and frame…I thought the Canvas was thin on the spider farmer until the Vivosun was even thinner…tbh…I can’t justify the premium price of at least twice the total for AC Infinity or Gorilla tents that both have reviews that outline light leaks, and have limited size options and limitations that I don’t want to Have to deal with after paying 2 to 3 times the price…So I’ve purchased additional adjustable hanging poles and went with the Spider farmer 140 x 70 x 200cm…180cm height is restricting…and The Vivosun Pro series with the 2000D Canvas Sold out fast…I nearly purchased a Seahawk 145x85x200…but was a little unsure of their materials…I’m going to run a 3 x 3 too but want to Prioritise the 4 x 2… I’m going to run a 6 inch AC Infinity cloudline for my stupidly hot summers…but to run it at a low speed for noise and even silenced Phresh Hypers are a little loud and overkill maybe…I have made accoustic Boxes for a couple of fans with decent sucess

1 Like

I am noticing that I want more coverage, bar lights would be ideal but cost is high. I’m actually considering getting a second tent just for a flower or breeding tent.

1 Like