Biggest light I can fit in a 4x2

I have a huge tent but dry on 1 side grow on the other side 4 x 4 scrog under a 1000 watt hps on 12 / 12 …

This will be my very first scrog grow so i hope everything goes as well planned.

3 Likes

I have a Grow Light Science Grow 300 in my 2*4 and it’s too much at full power. I’d call it the max light you need in that size tent.

I’ve got 3 150w lights in a 2x4 now, they probably won’t ever run higher than 70% even at peak flower.

solid little lights for the money, $50ea

5 Likes

Thats a sweet savings and at $50 a pop not to bad of a hit in the wallet lol

2 Likes

I think I’m doing alright as far as light is concerned.

Are those pulling 150 at the wall? What brand are those?

2 Likes

Yeah 150 at the wall, Dakason

1 Like

Mars hydro tsl 2000 would be perfect for that space. PPF 717umol/S and PPE 2.6 umol/j 300 actual watts. With the size and shape of the light you could really jam 2 in there

1 Like

I dig the shape/coverage ya got in there. That’s my big complaint with all my tents, I would like a fuller more even light spread across the whole tent in my 2x4 and 4x4 tents.

2 Likes

I considered getting 4 to replace the hid in one of my 4x4s the other has a Marshydro fce 4800(which does really well) but I think they need a little more red to be really good for flower

1 Like

450 true watts for $150 is a fucking steal I hate to keep asking but 150 on a Kil-A-Watt meter?

Right I want a light that is shaped for a 2x4 to cover the entirety of the footprint. I have an HLG 260 next to a Mars Hydro Ts600 and it does cover the footprint but I can’t help but notice that one third of my tent has weaker light. It works out for what im doing now running two autos and vegging 2 photos out for cloning and a couple seedlings but when I move the moms out of the tent and flip to flower on my clones I want all 8 square feet to be under the same intensity of light because if I don’t turn everyday the side of the plant that reaches into TS600 territory just doesn’t bring the frost like does under the HLG. I guess I was asking what the biggest light u can fit in a 4x2 is because I only want one light in there and I wanna move my HLG to the mother tent or maybe run a small auto tent for connoisseuring purposes.

1 Like

Looking at these lights this close gives me a new idea…
I’ll probably won’t have to spend much on my lighting, the LED looks almost same as any other household ones…
I just have to find single LEDs in the right spectrum and replace it…
Thanks for the picture bro :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I don’t have a kilowatt meter, but they hit the par ratings with Photone on iPhone. Here’s the spec sheet that was sitting under my watering jug😅

Performs so far 40% at 24” for 250par

1 Like

For one light I’d go mars hydro sp3000, pretty much perfect spectrum for flowering with very even coverage. 300w 2.8umol/j

1 Like

A Grow Light Science grow 300 would definitely be great for a 2x4 tent. I have 2 in a 4x5 area and they are plenty

1 Like

A mars sp3000 is just at 300watts from the wall. It’s says it’s for a 3x5x I use it in a 4x2. Some guys run them @ full strength, but I never get over 50%.

3 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but info is alway good… :vulcan_salute:
Ive only done a couple of grows in my 4x2, but my HLG350 Diablo kills it!

Ive used Grow Light Science ProGrow 320 after the HLG grow last year, and while it did OK, it couldnt keep up with the HLG. I was really hoping for better from the ProGrow 320. At distance, its down 200 ppfd from the HLG.

In my current grow, I switched out the ProGrow 320 while in early Flower and put the HLG back in. Big difference.

2 Likes

Nice man! How far do you keep it from the canopy? I have the same light and trying to figure it out as well.

1 Like

Check out this thread around post #348. Its shows lots of info. From that post on, I have lots of good info on the lights, PPFD, and distance. Keep scrolling and you’ll see good pics and info even towards the end.

Gonna do a full-on test on the GLS ProGrow 320 after the harvest finishes with the HLG350R