BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 1)

According to the web.
Its a cross of Tropicana Cookies ( GSC x Tangie) and Red Poison Auto.

2 Likes

Ah man, I thought I had it. Haha, nothing ventured nothing gained, got the trop cookies portion right though. So that’ll be an auto then?

1 Like

And the only thing I can find is called “Fast Version”
The seeds I have are S1. That leads one to believe someone selfed a plant and made feminized seeds. I can believe it to be fast version as quick as she is packing it on. By the web, they have a flowering time of 42-49 days. They are at 38 days now. I dont think they will be ready at 49 days. We will see.

3 Likes

Maybe @other_barry can enlighten us a bit. The pics I find on the net look just like this little darling. And those are called Trop Poison F1 Fast Version

2 Likes

Whatever it is man it looks amazing!

1 Like

yeah, that is exactly what I used @BigMike55
I had 2 of the fast version plants going, and I hit one of them with CS. The S1 beans came from the plant that I used the CS on. because it was fast x fast, the beans I made have something like 25% chance of being auto fem, 25% chance of normal fem, and 50% of fast flowering fem, or something like that.

2 Likes

Thanks bruddah!

1 Like

Why Not??? damn boy… on the F2’s the auto was super purple, granted a bit short, but nugs top to bottom, that looked like anime hair LOL. The photo versions, and assume all the F1s, really are a good looking plant with decent yields. Can’t wait to get a final weight on my drying F2 right now, but her main cola was fatty mc purples!

@BigMike55 My TPF2 was a hungry mama, might be why shes eating her fan leaves on ya.

No, Trop Poison F1 would all be photos carrying the recessive auto gene. Breeding them to F2 would give you 25% photo, 50% photo carrying the recessive gene (aka fast photos), and 25% auto. Hence why my Trop Poison F2’s I won from @HaRdRoC s server raffle gave me 1 photo and 1 auto (lucky to get 1 of ea after planting only two).

damn I enjoy genetics now… If only I was using weed and not eye color for my punnet squares in HS biology, perhaps I woulda paid more attention in class… LOL

7 Likes

She has been pretty dam hungry to whole time. More so than her tent mates.
Actually, if she is a fast finisher, I’m thinking maybe a fade, of sorts. They have been in flower for 39 days. They are supposed to be done in 42-49 days (6-7 weeks) of flowering. So I’m thinking she may be done sometime next week or so. My way of thinking is, if they say 6-7 weeks, they really mean 7-8 weeks, conservatively.

3 Likes

i’m starting to figure some of this out now, got and F1 cross of wizards apprentice and tanige from GCBuds here and that prompted me to look into the process of bringing it to full auto, really interesting research subject, and a fun project for the future.

2 Likes

Well, up until now, I guess just dumb luck, but I have only one other time, seen nanners on any of my plants. This morning I picked 2 off the Bodhi’s Good Medicine. I’m gonna just keep a close eye on her so as to not screw up my sinsemilla run. But, Im kinda dissapointed in that plant. It was actually a shitty little girl to begin with that I limped along. Now, NANNERS. If I find one more on there I think I will just pull the plant. Certainly dont want an unwanted splooge fest.

4 Likes

That sucks @BigMike55 , hopefully it does not throw any more nanners at you.

1 Like

Yeah. I shoulda culled that plant early on anyways. She always lagged behind. But stayed green so I gave her a chance. Actually. I almost want to cut her down now. And not take the chance of her squirting on everything in the tent.

3 Likes

IMO you should trust your instinct and pull her.
Like multiple choice tests, when you change your answer, you get it wrong.
Even if she produces decent smoke, it doesn’t sound like you’d ever want to grow her again, so it doesn’t seem worth it for another plant worth of bud … Especially if she drops pollen.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution brother.

4 Likes

Damn @BigMike55 sorry to hear that bud, thank you for the heads up though, I’ll have to keep a close eye on the ones I’ve got running right now

3 Likes

Woo buddy! Everything is looking mighty fine in there Mike!

3 Likes

Yeah. I been studying on it. I think the best course is to kill it before it screws up my other buds. Yes, anyone running them, just keep an eye on them. It might have been something I did tho. I might try another at some point. She smells like heaven. But the plant just never really took off like my normal pace.

6 Likes

I’ll see if I can get a pic of any nanners I see before I chop her. That way anyone else running her will get an idea what they look like on this particular strain.

4 Likes

Is it just rodelization where the plant grows some pollen sacks near the end in an attempt to reproduce? Or are the pollen sacks widespread all over the place? I have a strain that always produces pollen sacks but only extremely rarely produces a single seed.

2 Likes