Black Snow: The Grow Show

updates anyone?

1 Like

My lights cut on at 9pm, I will update then.
The good news is I got 2 girls. I gave 1 of em to my brother @Skunkworks and he put it outside in a neat spot. Mine will start flowering soon indoors

1 Like

She just got a haircut, ill be flipping the lights after this last light cycle. She is also recovering from slight nute deficiency, and settling in the 5gal

As I said her sister was placed outdoors at my brother’s new space. I’m excited to see the difference in the two

That’s her on the right, ill get a better picture next time I’m there. The box has since been filled in with soil all the way.

10 Likes

Topped and chodey cbarmer :hugs:

8 Likes

There’s a big chunky black snow bud, except shes right at the back which made getting a well lit photo exceedingly difficult without shuffling everything around.

Buds are looking more delightful with each passing day but progress is still slower than watching paint dry.

Two plants on right unrelated.

10 Likes

9 Likes

She looks a lot better now

1 Like

9 Likes

That cage aint gonna do nuthin but piss her off

1 Like

The 2nd pic is not black snow right?

you are right… supposed to be this pic

5 Likes

The cage is going to get wrapped with chicken wire to keep rabbits and groundhogs away

2 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot about that

Will be tagging along on the grow can’t wait too see what the final product will look like

1 Like

OK a little delayed, but here are the pictures of the second black snow a few days before I took her down. Really heavy branches, not floppy, but need staking.

I’ve since dried and trimmed her and she’s curing now.

She smells kushy with a little sweetness and a fair amount of gas. Should be good.

I’ll have smoke reports for both phenos soon!

18 Likes

Those sure turned out nice.

4 Likes

Thanks Man! Both phenos have turned out quite nice, and distinct. The first one I took down has a really nice smooth kush flavour with a cleaner thing going on after cure. I’m pretty interested to see the plant @lophophora.ca has with the more indica growth structure.

In general though I would recommend these to kush lovers looking for a potent hybrid high.

7 Likes

lookin good man. can’t wait for the smoke report.

4 Likes

Would you settle for Black Snow: Bonsai edition?

I have been slacking on the Black Snow photography, but the Black Snow has not been slacking.

I haven’t taken too many detailed pictures of the plant on the left, guess I take her structure and budliness for granted.

13 Likes

Well it’s been a while and I apologize like a stereotypical :canada: .

My Black Snow really needed LST very badly. The HLG 100 V2 4000K in the 2x2 tosses A LOT of photons… so much that the Par value is stupid high for vegging anything 1/2 way up the tent.

While this isn’t a horrible problem to have, (it sucks much more when you NEED more light than the fixture throws…), this fixture does not dim so the LST is also to get the plant out of the hot spot until I can find my 2x2 scrog net and then add some shade cloth to cut the intensity down and add softness.

At the top 2 large water leaves the PAR comes in around 750… which is great for flowering but rather hot for the veg period I want to have this partake before flowering. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheers! :metal:

14 Likes