Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Goji is a super pleasant non-heavy type of OG Kush.
There are a ton of f2 beans here if you hit up the OverGrow Trade thread. ( @syzygy beat me to it.)

I’m sipping on some dispo Mother’s Milk that is quite nice and uplifting.
Mother’s Hashplant would also be a good hybrid blend.

13 Likes

Essentially the same idea, but I figured “deep line” referred to older lines that have been worked and likely inbred for generations (as oppposed to shallow modern polyhybrids), and alchemy… taking base materials and by the magic of combination making gold…

12 Likes

Haha, right. Same sort of line of thinking I had. I mean, like I said, you look at the genetics of those crosses and it seems fairly obvious to me why somebody might call them Deep Line Alchemy.

Which is a good name for them, btw haha! I feel like I knew exactly what the genetics of those crosses were going to be before I even checked them out, based on the name of the line.

Edit: and I just, uh, edited that post to include the fact that a lot of the stuff he used in those crosses was sourced from areas where cannabis has been being cultivated for centuries (if not millennia).

13 Likes

I think he said in one of his potcast episodes that the purpose of the DLA crosses in his mind were to make modern versions of traditional hash plants, the idea being that he took these point of origin plants (the deeper lines) and crossed them to that 88; being his idea of a more modern hashplant line. He refers to hash making a couple times in those in reviews as a form of “alchemy” so that’s what I get from the intention of the line :heart::v:t2: basically what y’all said :joy:

I guess by the definition of “transformation of matter” making hash would qualify as alchemy. Real hetty eh? :thinking::joy::v:t2:

@minitiger and @yardgrazer yall had that answer nailed, not sure why I felt the need to jump in other than I love to hear myself type I guess 🤷🏻

17 Likes

His most recent DLA has a different father. It’s a DLA5 father now

10 Likes

what a nice cup of seeds you have . sure to be a great cross

4 Likes

@Vagabond_Windy germination results 48 hrs paper towel 8/10 goji x dla5 germinated. will plant all 10 just in case. looking forward to this wide leaf monster

12 Likes

Hopefully you find something unique :green_heart: Happy growing

8 Likes

little snow monkey f2 I’m running outdoor had only 2 beans left one made it hoping for a female :crossed_fingers:

24 Likes

May have some snow monkey on the way from glg, asked for anything other. If I receive those happy to send you a few if needed.

15 Likes

Also sitting on 3 extra snow monkey packs if you need some.

10 Likes

OK, I gotta ask…

$65 a pack? They come up as 45 US$ for me. Is that the exchange rate showing?

Stinky Unicorn and Dream lotus? These were stocked? How’d I not see these lol

4 Likes

Those are packs jeff was holding onto and only dropped one of a few days ago. When I saw the stinky unicorn I had to check it out. The packs he only has one or very few of he charges more for.

12 Likes

Whaaaa? That’s awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:
Damn, nice buy. Thanks for the explanation, had my head spinning.

5 Likes

That’s super lucky… I felt the same way about the Stinky Unicorn (Skywalker OG x Purple Unicorn)… and I snatched that one up from Headiegardens a couple months ago… I also just got Road Kill Unicorn (Purple Unicorn x Snowlotus) in my mailbox last week. They both sound really good. The Dream Lotus is also a good score… I remember few old Dream Lotus grows/journal and everyone loved that strain. It put out some impressive flower.

11 Likes

Anyone looking to buy a pack of Lavender Jack? I know a seedbank in the US. DM me for info.

7 Likes

We’ll see how it goes… started off on my Gorilla Ghani journey. The pack I got from Nefrella only three were showing roots this morning, and only small ones at that… but the pack I already had all 12 popped with decent looking tails. Should probably change the papertowel in the other baggie, seemed a little too wet maybe.

26 Likes

So stoked to see those grown out smoking some gg4 right now :joy:

some good smoke :grin:

11 Likes

I’m happy for everyone who is pumped for the Purple Unicorn crosses. I Personally have no interest in those… I ran rku f3x g13/hp as testers, and despite phenos being purple, none had a great flavor profile or scent ( had this conversation earlier, somewhere) but good luck!

10 Likes

I grabbed 1 pack earlier, I won’t say the bank tho, I know it’s the same one you are looking at lol, great deal! :metal:

4 Likes