Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

Awesome info! Super excited to get those dla v2 seeds. Love the DLA5 leaner I got on the purple afghan hp. Just took it back out of the jar. These were my pre and post cure reports.

Smell:
Pre cure:
This is a hard one to pin down, but its very afghani. Its lost all the smells it was making when growing. Now its been in the jar a few days, It kind of tricks you with a weird duality to It. The first part on the smell is a slightly sweet gentle baked goods type smell, then followed up by a sulphurous spiciness verging on offensive, but not because its nasty just acrid and almost eye watering. I keep being tempted to smell it deeply then get assaulted. I’m interested to see where it goes when it cures.

Post cure:
The change is quite dramatic. The whole smell is more smooth and refined but still searing. The hint of berry From when it was growing has returned and then a spicy tangy finish. Its hard to describe but the smell is more contiguous and pleasing.

Effect:
Nothing lacking here, cuts right through my tolerance. Strong euphoric indica effect. Good for lazy pursuits I’d say. Especially as It tends to make me a bit of a space cadet.

Taste:
Precure:
Taste is quite afghani. Quite spicy, a little sweet and quite sour. Its a little raw at the moment so i’ll be curious after the cure to see if it smooths out.

Post cure:
Much smoother and complex. Little hints of berry before being spicy smooth. Really strong flavour and very unique. I’ve had older afghans with the style of spiciness, but this one really is good enough to keep me reaching for it.

34 Likes

Awesome report! All that, with some purple notes throughout?
This makes me very excited to pop those.
Well done :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Those look like the PAH1 my buddy grew. And the tastes sound very similar as well. My pah1 and pah2 are drying now, but when growing the Pah2 had blackberry up front and that funk afterwards.

Very nice!

8 Likes

The purple was not dominant much in the 7 week pheno. It looked more so before it dried, but there are still a few hints when ground. It is more dominant in the 10 week pheno, but its still green primarily with purple. Its still curing but its got a musty savoury smell. Hard to describe smelled like spiced meat when growing and its more herbal now.

I ran pillow book last year and that was purple all the way through, so I wonder if artifact dominated the puf3.

23 Likes

Try to find @dinopartychucks. He’s used it extensively in his breeding

12 Likes

Welcome @Smalc96 , welcome to og.
Go to the thread introduce yourself Introduce Yourself @OG
Very welcome.

5 Likes

Indeed, he’s crossed Black Light Fantasy to some nice strains like Bubba and Bag of Oranges. Dino Party tested the Black Light Fantasy for Bodhi back in 2018 or ‘19. Under his former name “ReallyBigJesusFreak”. The strain was un-named then, just “Mendo Purps x Purple Unicorn”.

Here’s Dino’s site, he’s a good, light-hearted guy.

20 Likes

holly shit youre growing in a corn field!! thats how i started with some m39 clones, had a beyond my wildest dreams harvest i think i was 15, corn fields!!!

21 Likes

Mail call!!

34 Likes

keeper old soul 6 before trim
i remember not long ago someone asked me if old soul was piney and i said no, i was referencing to the cured weed, that’s like a dirty metalic coffee eucalyptus… This shit is eye watering-ly piney right after drying. In a spliff (half tobacco half weed) it’s like smoking pine needles dipped in terpentine, i’d love to see a terpene test on this one it’s wayyy up there i’m sure

i put all my dried plants in big transparent plastic bags, in a box, to cary 'em to my house. This old soul felt like the solvent-like oil would burn thru the plastic bag, so i put it straight in a box with paper at the bottom, then i put the box in a plastic bag (the plastic bags is to keep some humidity until end of trimming) this is a oil factory right here, only thing is the underdevelopped leaves inside the buds are not lighter green/yellow like most strains, those leaves are totally brown, the mother had that too but i had gotten mold that time, so i figured a few brown leaves must of rotted or something, but it’s not mold or rot, it’s just ugly brown leaves, near the main stems, you just gotta trim real good or it looks like garbage haha

edit: this is not all of the pant in the picture it’s probabbly like a third of it

41 Likes

Hello good day.
I am planning my next grow, and was wondering if anyone can give me some information on wolf pack, and dream lotus.
weeks of cultivation, stability, structure of the plant, power… well everything that can make me decide on one or the other.
Thank you.

7 Likes

hey good morning about the wolfpack maybe you will find some information on the @Greenhighlander thread it has a lot of pictures and descriptions of the phenotypes
he has a thread on breedbay too with lots of pictures.

https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/wolfpack-f2.201366242/

13 Likes

Also, about this. Bodhi clarified that the V2 is unreleased.

And the V2 remix is almost done :green_heart:

17 Likes

Anyone have golden road??

5 Likes

Yep, Pot of Gold x Snow Lotus. I’ve never seen a grow report on it have you grown it before ?

12 Likes

I haven’t grown it, I’ve seen a pic on IG years ago no description she was a beautiful red plant. Me n my friends used to get pot of gold back in the day so it’s one I always wanted to grow sadly I missed out on them and been on the lookout ever since. That’s probably like my 3rd or 4th time asking on here ha.

Any plans with it?? @50State

10 Likes

I haven’t, but I tested some Pot of Gold for B in 2014.

Ms B said it was an old hippy cut from the bay area. Hindu Kush x Skunk #1.

I only got one female. I sucked at indoor growing then, even more than I do now, but that one was pretty good. B said then he might use it for breeding, and it looks like he did!

15 Likes

I was planning on selling it, I don’t have my tents setup at the moment.

8 Likes

Those pics I seen were around 2015-2016. It’s one of those ones I wish I grabbed n it bugs me all the time when I think about what seeds I need/want. @HorseBadorites

Yea I seen that but I’m in the US @50State. Maybe save them for a preservation run.

7 Likes

JBC has a hell of a Bodhi raffle going on for the next month. Lots of awesome Bodhi strains in there!

21 Likes