Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Eh, there are definitely lines that produce 70/30 female to male, and vice versa. Not every line is 50/50. I see a lot of 60/40.

9 Likes

I’ve seen it myself. 100% agree. I’ve popped a lot of seeds in the past and some strains were much higher female to male ratio… I don’t see why it couldn’t go the other way.

When I used to grow a lot of TGA for example… you could pop a 5 pack of Agent Orange or JTR and get 6 females (twins) and then think it’s a one off situation until you see it happen again and again and again… and hear others make the same claims.

Granted I don’t have enough experience popping dozens of Ghash crosses to know with certainty but my limited experience plus what I’ve seen posted on THC Farmer and a couple other comments led me to believe that the Ghash dad made a higher ratio of males… I’ll walk that statement back if folks here say it was just my bad luck… but I definitely believe the sex ratio is strain/genetics dependent and not 50/50 in general with all strains.

7 Likes

Yup depends on dominance of either parent. Just like my family, it’s male heavy. Out of like 15 cousins, only 3 females. And 2 of those came from my immediate family.

But I agree, on a large enough scale, probability is gonna be 50/50ish, but realistically it’ll be more like 60/40 or 55/45

6 Likes

It may be limited experience, but I’ve had slightly higher ratio of females from Bodhi’s Ghash work,
Hp crosses with
*Orange Wookie

• Mango Biche
    *f2s of Dank Sinatra

But likely, it’ll level out to around 50/50 with high enough sample set imo.

:v:

7 Likes

This may be a long shot!

But does anyone have any, or know anyone who might.

Orange Sunshine (Cali O ae77 x SSDD) or f2s/3s of this.

Will be happy to do a trade, from some of the limited selection I do have, or even some original artwork if that’s something of interest to anyone.

8 Likes

Here’s a grow report: Bodhi Dread Bread and Imperial Majesty; Lucky Dog Diesel Therapy; Doc D Purple Corinto Budder x A5Thai, Outer Limits and Sour Diesel x DE

And if you don’t feel like reading through the whole thing (my reports get extremely chatty, won’t be offended if you don’t want to haha), there’s “chop day” pics and smoke reports of the two Imperial Majesties I grew on this thread. Or you can just scroll down to post, like, 10,000 in that log haha.

It’s just luck of the draw, dude. Sometimes you end up with more males than females, sometimes you don’t. I’m not a geneticist or anything, but I’m fairly certain it’s not possible for any male plant to be magically creating more seeds that turn out male than female.

I planted four Uplift seeds a while back and all four of them turned out female. Does that mean the Snow Lotus male produces more females than males? No, it doesn’t. I’ve planted a bunch of other Snow Lotus crosses and ended up with some males and some females, sometimes I ended up with better F:M ratios and sometimes I didn’t.

That’s what you gotta deal with when you’re planting non-feminized seeds. And I’m fine with that. I expect the ratios to not always turn out favorably. Is it disappointing when all five of the Hashplant D’s I just planted turn out male? Yes. But I’m certainly not gonna blame it on the 88G13HP male that Bodhi used for that cross.

11 Likes

thankyou kindly minitiger❤️

3 Likes

Well of course I know that in a small sample pool that you can’t predetermine anything… I’ve just seen it mentioned more than a few times and then the quote by… I wanna say Logic at THCFarmer… and my small experience… I drew that conclusion. My test results from Farmer Freeman was a whole lotta males. I will be more open minded and am pleased to hear if I am wrong… since I myself have about a bunch of Ghash related packs.

On a similar but different perspective and somewhat related… I get a kick outta how for YEARS we were always told (when I say we… I mean the forum users in general) that sex was not pre-determined and that more favorable growing conditions after the onset of germination… cooler temps, lower levels of nitrogen, 18/6 light schedule vs 24/0… they actually said in many threads I’ve read… even on Breedbay from respected Breeders… they said that you’d get a higher than normal female to male ratio by the way you treat your seedlings… and by giving them better environmental conditions. This of course is now known to be complete Bologna as you can send a leaf sample in to be tested in as little as one week after germination and pay a company like Farmer Freeman a small fee and they’ll provide you with a email report indicating sex a few days after they receive your sample. This disproves the entire notion that sex is determined by growing conditions… yet I’ve seen and heard folks say that for years… and the reports we’ve gotten from Farmer Freeman’s genetic testing were always 100% spot on correct.

I did already peep your Imperial Majesty pics and grow report @minitiger… it was that very thread that got my interest in them stoked… I liked your description of the Cherry Trance too… even though it didn’t sound like it was your favorite or extraordinary… it may be that better phenos exist. I have high hopes for the Cherry Trance. I’m a Cherry nut myself. Love Cherry buds.

I’m also really liking what I hear about Pure Kush crosses in general. Strayfox has Hollywood Daydream, Hollywood Fighter, and Pillow Surfing packs that I was able to recently pick up… from B all I have been able to get my hands on is that Imperial Majesty and his Holyweed (V1).

9 Likes

That first gen Hollyweed pack is rare af and seriously hoarded. F2 them whenever you run them, for you. Someone needs to do a coop on those…

19 Likes

Apparently that one uses the “original” ssdd male. Hopefully if anyone’s sitting on those they consider reproducing / preserving!

14 Likes

The orange goji floating around this forum uses that orange sunshine as the basis :wink:

12 Likes

When I buy my next place… thats the whole idea is to do things of that nature starting with the Apollo Seeds… its still all just a dream until I make that big down-payment.

9 Likes

On my searches, I’m only just learning about the loss of rhe original Ssdd male 🪦. I see why they’re so elusive now haha.

I believe I might have had a cross with some Ornage Goji from a member on here year or so ago.
But lost my entire seed stash end of last year :cry:.

I’ll have to search my messages and see who it was.

5 Likes

I have goji og x orange sunshine

9 Likes

Peyote Purple is like like 99.9% females. I’m probably 60/40 on B’s stuff, and most others now that I think about it.

If anyone does have any Hollyweed of any generation, please hit me up in a pm… I have a stupidly personal reason for wanting it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Does anyone know when that ssdd cut off cuz i have original blue sunshine testers

16 Likes

SHOE has the 21 of the HOLLYWEED V2 in stock if you are willing to buy it

subsequent ssdd releases that use the “newer” ssdd dad I assume.:

14 Likes

For the original hollyweed was his deadly g dad used for that I always wanted to find a original pack of the secret chief to try something with that dad even though it was said to be dominant seems like those crosses where pretty well received from what I’ve seen

7 Likes

That beaver :eyes: seen some crazy plants out of that pack on icmag you should give those a go :joy:

7 Likes

Only plant ive ever grown twice. Was thinking of doing a seedrun with the rest.

8 Likes