Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

That first gen Hollyweed pack is rare af and seriously hoarded. F2 them whenever you run them, for you. Someone needs to do a coop on those…

19 Likes

Apparently that one uses the “original” ssdd male. Hopefully if anyone’s sitting on those they consider reproducing / preserving!

14 Likes

The orange goji floating around this forum uses that orange sunshine as the basis :wink:

12 Likes

When I buy my next place… thats the whole idea is to do things of that nature starting with the Apollo Seeds… its still all just a dream until I make that big down-payment.

9 Likes

On my searches, I’m only just learning about the loss of rhe original Ssdd male 🪦. I see why they’re so elusive now haha.

I believe I might have had a cross with some Ornage Goji from a member on here year or so ago.
But lost my entire seed stash end of last year :cry:.

I’ll have to search my messages and see who it was.

:v:

5 Likes

I have goji og x orange sunshine

9 Likes

Peyote Purple is like like 99.9% females. I’m probably 60/40 on B’s stuff, and most others now that I think about it.

If anyone does have any Hollyweed of any generation, please hit me up in a pm… I have a stupidly personal reason for wanting it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Does anyone know when that ssdd cut off cuz i have original blue sunshine testers

16 Likes

SHOE has the 21 of the HOLLYWEED V2 in stock if you are willing to buy it

subsequent ssdd releases that use the “newer” ssdd dad I assume.:

14 Likes

For the original hollyweed was his deadly g dad used for that I always wanted to find a original pack of the secret chief to try something with that dad even though it was said to be dominant seems like those crosses where pretty well received from what I’ve seen

7 Likes

That beaver :eyes: seen some crazy plants out of that pack on icmag you should give those a go :joy:

7 Likes

Only plant ive ever grown twice. Was thinking of doing a seedrun with the rest.

8 Likes

:eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I’ll shoot you a message

3 Likes

I don’t have orange sunshine but do have blood orange f2 (ae 77 cali o x Appalachia) kinda similar

12 Likes

Ah OK, I was looking for the sunshine, as I’ve heard good things about the medicinal qualities of that plant and the mellow high

How does the Appalacia do in those regards with that cross?

7 Likes

Appalachia dont fuck around. i just smoked some goji x appalachia. cali-o is like a nice invigorating antidepressant refreshing inhale.

12 Likes

I don’t think genetic sex testing disproves what you say. Cannabis has the ability to adjust its sexual expression based on the environment it is in.

Males will be male and will always genetically test male. Females will genetically test female but can express as male (ie hermaphroditic female).

Cold temperatures during germination will give you more plants expressing as male, than if you had appropriately warm temps for germination. The extra males are actually herm females that will genetically test as female.

I also don’t think the 50/50 m/f rule is a hard rule as much as a general one

6 Likes

Can you just germinate every seed in colder temps to weed out the herming females? Throw out every male and then the females shouldn’t herm in flower?

6 Likes

He’s a moron.

Yeah, it gets mentioned. That doesn’t mean it’s true. It’s not. Just because a lot of people say something over and over, that doesn’t mean it’s a fact.

Exactly. That’s Bro Science. It’s the same thing as when people would say cold water turns your plants male or makes them herm or whatever. Remember that? Or if you put your pots on a cold floor without insulation, they’d turn out male. Ridiculous…

The seeds are gonna do what they’re gonna do, it’s not possible to “make” something a male (unless you’re using colloidal silver and intentionally trying to reverse females and shit like that haha). If it was, then it’d also be possible to “make” them female and everybody’d be doing those things haha.

Oh yeah, dude, that’s why it’s fun to plant seeds! Haha. And that Cherry Trance was good smoke, high was very good, it wasn’t “bad” at all. I just didn’t like the way it grew or the way it tasted.

Like I said earlier, everybody’s preferences are different. Some people would probably really dig the way it tasted and the way it grew, but I didn’t. Doesn’t mean it was “bad” haha. Plant those seeds, dude!

10 Likes

You can if your really worried about herms w a particular line. Most lines I wouldn’t recommend pushing herms if you are wanting flower to smoke.

The way I’ve seen it used is to find the herms for breeding projects. Push the herms to express male, stress out your males a bit to find the herms, get rid of the herms to not breed w them.

5 Likes