Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Haha sorry, *NON Narcotic, (auto correct)

It had this very clear minded and energetic high, up lifting and made me want to be very active.

7 Likes

I was listening to a lecture the other day about evolution from single cell organisim.
And how one cell engulfed a bacteria, which subsequently then became the Mitochondrial DNA, and it then went into detail about the ā€œMothers Curseā€ effect, im assuming is the same as the Maternal effect youā€™re referencing.

Very interesting stuff, something I will have to go back to a few times, no doubt, and take 2 sets of notes!

7 Likes

Yep thatā€™s one, endosymbiosis, in plants there is also the chloroplasts that are also thought to be similarly engulfed ancient Cyanobacteria. They both interface directly with the nucleus in a kind of symbiotic way and both contain their own DNA as a result, like cellular subsystems!
The mitochondria are responsible for energy transport, chloroplast for the generation, both outsourced to foreigners lol. But yeah only inherited from the maternal side and can influence attributes like plant growth and vigour and probably things like stress response due to their role in energy capture and transport. I suspect the trait for purple is nearly always maternal.
Amazing system man; how the hell it all hangs together and functions is mind blowing.

9 Likes

I broke down and grabbed a couple packs of the DLA 13 this morning, Iā€™ve been doing really good trying to curb my seed purchases tooā€¦.

17 Likes

just an update all 8 goji x dla5 are growing outside nicely not to big yet a few nodes of growth .the biggest one i did a stem rub and it was quite pleasant. trying to figure out what size pots to put them in this year. i got a range from 5-30 but soil and $$$ is the limiting factor . so far Iā€™ve been transplanting in 15 gallon nursery pots and have 4 earthboxes etc. im going to admend and run another round in the soil.

17 Likes

Thought Iā€™d share this in here,
When Iā€™m not growing, Iā€™m a comic book artist.

The comic Iā€™ve just finished working on is a story about humanity destroying nature, and this old woman who wants to find new land to grow her crops.

In this recent project I included some (hopefully) discreet references to Bodhi and some classic strains.

:v:

47 Likes

love this. thank you for sharing it.

7 Likes

Thanks! And no problem!

Iā€™ve got another story Iā€™m working on, where I want to make an entire character based on Mr B. A real old school classic hippy stereotype, I might even reach out and see if heā€™s cool with me using a likeness of him haha.

12 Likes

Dude thatā€™s awesome! Love the plant, and the ā€œplant more seeds!ā€

6 Likes

@SonsOfAvery Wow thats awesome. Youā€™re really talented. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures @InTheWoods thank you! :raised_hands: :v:

6 Likes

Hereā€™s your inspiration pic.

24 Likes

Anybody pop Purple Empress yet? I have two that broke soilā€¦curious to see if anybody else is growing it out.

14 Likes

I have four Purple Empress that are about 8 inches tall. I cracked four Lavender Jack as well. Hoping find some Jack leaners to cross with each other. I just love Jack Herer so much.

26 Likes

Iā€™d watch out for that PU stuffā€¦ Whereā€™s my Monday guy hahaha ā€¦this Unicorn Milk though. šŸ« 

23 Likes

That looks so good @MeowsTrapSeeds

3 Likes

Thank you but its hard for me to take any credit without saying how awesome Bodhiā€™s gear is. Iā€™m happy to say this find Iā€™ll call her and havenā€™t even finished her yet is safely cloned. Smells like a funky onion and sweetheart. Iā€™m still contemplating one more feed within the next days. I want to go 70 ftw so fo a few weeks.

Many have asked if its easy to get a good plant with a small hunt with Bodhiā€™s stuff I say all day everyday. :metal:

Day 53 today

32 Likes

Yea I can second that, Bodhiā€™s gone on record as saying his testing philosophy is that you should be able to find a keeper in a pack of ten otherwise he doesnā€™t release em, so his gear is a true asset to the small home gardener

22 Likes

Getting close to 60 days I think

Triple Sunshine C ( tk x ssdd )

Waking Dream ( wifi 43 x ssdd )

Highly recommend popping beans using Bodhiā€™s SSDD dad if you have them!

42 Likes

Where exactly does he say this? Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve never heard before.

Iā€™ve had some great Bodhi phenos, love his workā€¦ donā€™t get me wrongā€¦ but thereā€™s also been plenty of sh*tty ones.

10 Likes