Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Strayfox posted on IG that he F2d Bodhi’s Elf Snack (Apollo 13 Gorilla Arm x SSDD), and is selling 'em through Healing Genetics (his SIL?). Looks to me like she can be found at healinggenetics@gmail.com (it doesn’t look to me like she has a website).

17 Likes

I have to figure out what’s what… I pulled what I thought was going to be some Black Lotus and found it gross (kinda leather and tobacco) and smoked something else, but upon further consideration I think that might have been a purple Petrolia Headstash? I need to figure my (bleep) out, I am disorganized at baseline, and post harvest is that much worse.

9 Likes

Here are three Mountain Temples (Temple x Appalachia) on the day I chopped, which was day 72 IIRC:

Doesn’t seem like that “Appalachia trait” of yellowing leaves/dead leaves affected those plants at all. That was pretty much a water-only grow, too, plants definitely weren’t getting “fed” any high-N anything.

Here’s a Silver Mountain (Super Silver Haze x Appalachia) on day 67, looks like there might be some yellowing leaves there, but nothing excessive. I’d expect to see some yellowing leaves by day 67, no matter the parent plants, especially when you consider that I had a serious fungus gnat infestation that round that would just NOT go away:

Doesn’t look like the “Appalachia trait” affected her, either.

Anywayyyyy…

36 Likes

Not to mention a limited drop through her of @TomHill ’s North Indian Skunk preservation from the Chemist! Which he said were gifted to him by Bodhi :sunglasses:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz07ggWOpknYD_WbwNYsIPJEl7CYhY1FWkwaZI0/

7 Likes

Tom also said that the indian was terpy but not that potent

7 Likes

Also as an FYI to anybody interested, @50State made a bunch of these Elf Snack F2 several years ago and has passed out tons and tons for free on this forum. Perhaps he has more to share?

:sun_with_face: :rainbow:
:peace_symbol:

33 Likes

Anyone ran triple goddess? 3 kings was a very memorable cut. I’m surprised I can only find pics from one outdoor grow out there.

16 Likes

I have five vegging, but I’m not gonna start logging them until I know the sex of them and everything else I’m vegging, too. 39 days now, I’ll probably start the log in about six weeks, once they’ve been flowering for around 21 days.

So, uh, keep your eyes peeled? I guess? Haha.

27 Likes

it all depends on how may females i get from those 4. im thinking S1 will be the way to go more than reg F2. but it all depends on what i get. I wont be culling anything until after flower.

10 Likes

Yeah I managed to get one pack of those indirectly from him a year or so ago and theyre stashed away with my other ssdd genetics :eyes:

15 Likes

Took a vote with some friends on which strain to run for my first open pollination was going to do white lotus but now have decided on pagoda(a11 x Appalachia) starting them in about 2 weeks time will start a journal on them when I get them germinating hopefully in a few months time will have some seed to share with the community keep your eyes peeled :eyes:

39 Likes

@supershitfuck do you still keep your Old Soul cut? i grew the smart move, and i really dig the effect but the plant produces medium dense nugs at the top and everything else is leafy and fluffy… saw your pics of old soul and look amazing. has it stand the test of time?
still some old soul and omg 4 available at GLG… i shouldnt… but im thinking about it.

24 Likes

I grew his number 6 cut keeper still awesome a year later getting lowon the jars,both Phenotypes I’ve ran of old soul has been amazing great yields terpy greasy goodness can’t recommend old soul enough truly a special cross lost both my keeper and his cut to mites otherwise they both would be still in my garden not to try to sway you or anything @the_bot :rofl:

24 Likes

If you’re still looking for takers. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

i still have her! she kind of stood the test of time, but after a couple more pheno hunts, hundreds of seeds popped, it’s not my go to jar anymore, but i still have her!

If youre into the tiger balm type, it’s really fresh tasting, minty but not minty, metallic, coffee, eucalyptus, halls, oily not hashy, terpinolene pine sol type, super good rolled 50/50 with tobacco

26 Likes

Here’s a Zap plant that showed male last night, so he’s getting trashed. I just wanted to get a few pictures of this out there before he’s gone, since I’m down to two Zaps now and not positive about the sex of them yet:

I think he’s pretty cool-looking, all branchy and stuff, not even a foot tall yet. All four of the Zaps are/were like that, although the one pictured doesn’t have as sorta “exotic,” narrow leaves as the others.

Just FYI, I trashed another Zap yesterday, had straight-up sacs growing even though all the plants have been on 16/8 for the duration of the current grow. I dunno what that’s about, but if anybody else is growing these or planning on growing them, maybe keep an eye out for that.

32 Likes

ooh! That one looks interesting for sure! :thinking: Wonder if it’s a Viet leaner :thinking: I’m not too familiar with that leaf morphology…

Sucks for all the “losses” there. All the males. Hopefully those last two are both pretty pretty girls :pray:

I imagine they aren’t rootbound at all right? So you think it’s an auto-flowet trait that’s in the line?

11 Likes

I hadn’t really thought about it, but now that I am haha, maybe it’s the Oaxacan? And I only say that because the Mexican Melons had similar-looking leaves. I was expecting big-ass narrow leaves when I grew those, but they weren’t. I figured it was from the Dragon Energy male, but maybe that’s a Oaxacan thing? I dunno.

Definitely not rootbound, but it has been a little colder in the tent during lights on than I’d like it. High 60’s the past few days, but there’s really nothing I can do about that. It’s possible that it’s an “autoflower” thing, but maybe only because I veg 16/8? I remember a couple of the Purple Corinto Budder x A5Thais (sorry to be mentioning another breeder’s stuff in this thread! Haha) did the same thing, too.

Maybe those “equatorial” genetics prefer like 18/6 (or longer) in veg, I dunno. Is Vietnam or Thailand on the equator? Is Oaxaca? I should look into that… haha.

12 Likes

Zap from a previous run - 2 10g pots filled the tent. Was going well until runaway carrot on blumat caused a flood. Over-watering stressed them out leading to nanners and an early harvest. Plants had a nice pomegranate aroma.

28 Likes

He is a a hippie with resin all over his hands

6 Likes