Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

He said “Most Appy… “ that He grew. It’s his experience.
Maybe his Appy crosses needed more N in late flower compared to your soil mix?

12 Likes

Everyone does grow a bit differently even among similar methods, so like @BudWhisperer mentioned I believe everyone’s mileage will vary a bit.

:v:

6 Likes

The Chem’s in general like to nom their leaves in late flower. The 91 specifically is notoriously hard to keep leaves happy the whole way to the end. I could see any chem leaning appy cross doing the same.

12 Likes

Can only speak to the plant in my situation but this baba kush was extremely rootbound in veg. I took cuttings from it and once rooted rather than up-potting the ‘mother’ plant or tossing it, I just threw it in to flower so that I could see what sort of smells the plant would throw off. It was already seriously root constricted prior to entering flower, so the fact it had leaf issues mid-late flower was not a surprise.

Here’s an early flower shot showing yellowing leaves already.

83010d356f64e6107a568c362e3b6f55275d4535

The only straight appy cross I’ve grown has been SSDD so my opinion on that male is kind of useless. I’ve run a lot of SSDD and SSDD crosses though and any leaf issue is caused by my error rather than genetics I’d say.

25 Likes

I love showing off half dead lookin chem plants to my friends lol

Neroli91 is not only the best Chem 91 seed line I’ve found, but it also seems to really tone down the necrosis alot from what I’ve seen in the F1/F2s. Just generally a lot less finicky.

23 Likes

Have a pack but not the ability to f2

4 Likes

not sure if i gave an update. but I soaked 4 Genius Thai (f1) and 5 yo mamas (4 f1, and 1 f2). None of the Yo Mamas F1 popped, but the the 1 Yo Mama F2 did. All 4 of the Genius Thai popped.

I remember there was some debate in the older Bodhi threads regarding Genius Thai and Genius Thai Extreme. As far as I was able to gather (from BB) they are in fact different versions of Genius Thai. Bodhi has/had five different lemon thai plants. Genius Thai was made crossing Apollo (genius) with his original Thai F1, and Genius Thai Extreme was made by crossing Apollo (genius) with all five (according to Doc: Bodhi’s F1, ink’s Indy cut, two f3 sativa cuts, and another f3 cut) apparently in an OP, but im not sure of that.

If the Genius turn out good, im thinking they will be one of my first intentional seed making project, because of the low quantity, im thinking S1 will be the route if there is a good female.

19 Likes

How’d this beauty you made turn out? Effects-wise. Thanks!

2 Likes

Ok, all envelopes have been claimed, most sent out today, a few stragglers tomorrow, thank all! This place rocks.

45 Likes

Wow, that is very generous and OG of you.

DM sent!

11 Likes

I’ve run a few Appy crosses, and I agree, sort of, lol! In my experiences, it’s cultural, or phenotypical… or a combination :). I’ve had some SSDD’s that were light from the get go to the end, probably on me, but I don’t really know.

I have 2 different F1’s running now. Both are darker green at 50 days. One has had yellowing fans (as opposed to the whole plant being lighter) for at least 3 weeks, the other has none.

Go figgure. Guess I need to grow more, lol!

35 Likes

my experience with appy is incredibly limited, but i doubt thats it, i feed strong N all thru out (20-10-20) and i still got yellow leaves on my 3 pagodas from very early on in flower. the other 2 were grown by a friend ill ask him if he got them too, but from what i remember his didnt yellow like mine. so maybe some appalachia crosses are sensitive to something? my ph control isnt the best so maybe some lockout.

ill be on the lookout in case my yo mama is a female.

9 Likes

I’d love to get some Space monkey F2 into your hands.

I already have some of your Thai d9 x DLA 5 F2 so no need to send more.

Send me a pm if you’re interested.

23 Likes

A lot of the SSDD’s are heavy feeders imo. They love their calcium and magnesium and can generally handle 3+ EC in flower.

15 Likes

Cultural differences, I think, or phenos, ha. I can’t feed higher than 1.5ec with any, the way I grow, I’ve tried, lol!

I think most pot likes Ca, it moves a lot of the other minerals where they need to go. Extra Mg I’m not so sure about, but maybe that’s why I’ve seen some lighter ones. I’ll keep that in mind :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’d be down for that, I have a few things I could send you.

7 Likes

Greeting To All Bodhi genes it all news to me thanks everyone …

would enjoy SSSD , APPALACHIAN seeds heirloom , land race ,prefer no hybrids thanks …

OverGrow The World , sharing seedsavers etc…

3 Likes

Saints Crossing after one week of 12/12.

31 Likes

Hell yea that GT is hard to find uncrossed. Are you culling the males, or will you make F2’s and S1’s?

11 Likes

I think the varied responses here are really interesting. So I went back and looked at the good old breedbay to see all of the pictures of Appalachia and its crosses. I have had the same experiences with higher N and lower N. I saw these are the pictures Bodhi posted of Appalachia originally in 2010. You can see that the fan leaves are off or dead and hanging on by a sliver and the small leaves are yellowing slightly yet the buds look amazing.

26 Likes