Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

He is a a hippie with resin all over his hands

6 Likes

Don’t kids yourselves.

3 Likes

Go ahead bodie tell them how you are lieing lol you soft ass hippie.

1 Like

bodhi’s not here man…

19 Likes

Triple Sunshine C

Medium High to High potency - not as strong as the first time I grew it but still strong.

Smells - Sour , Metallic , Fuel in order of intensity.

Medium strength generic cannabis taste that lingers for quite a while post vaporization.

Trichome type is sticky, but the flowers are only mildly sticky.

Mostly head high. Starts with a rush that gradually creeps up in intensity for the first 30 minutes or so. Long lasting. I like it but it doesn’t stand out as something I need to keep.

52 Likes

Don’t want to keep spamming this thread but figured I should still follow up with thoughts about the cured buds since I posted flower pictures in here earlier. Think this is the last or 2nd last one anyways.

Chem 91 x SSDD

Creeper effects. Initially felt it was pretty weak until about 30-45 minutes in. Not sure what to make of that.

Would say it’s a Medium-High potency sample with a duration of 2.5-3 hours. Smell intensity is moderate and consists of sour, metallic and fuel notes. Effects are mostly in the head, with a slight couch-lock component. Seems good for stimulating appetite as well. One of the stronger SSDD crosses I’ve tried (like Triple Sunshine) but Trip Sun resonates with me a bit more.

Not bad but doesn’t come across as special enough to run again. Would sort through the seeds again though to see what else is in there. Will probably use the remaining flower to make edibles or something as I don’t see myself reaching for this bag much.

47 Likes

4 cracked Umeboshi have hit the Red Solos. Actually planted in clear Solo which then dropped into the red Solos so I can see what is goin on down below with roots.
Will be riding with Brothers Grimm Testers, 3 222 and 3 Gluey Stone.

16 Likes

The Brothers Grimm are Fems.

4 Likes

Lazy Lightning x (Haze/Sk1) x Sk1) x (Haze/SK1).
Day 31.

35 Likes

Stretch is in full effect for Saints Crossing. This is 3 days after my last pic (and some defol).

30 Likes

I look forward to your posts!

6 Likes

I had (bought from a dispo) a cobra lips pheno that was fire, super terpy and unique imo

6 Likes

As far as herming,
I had the best success growing pure-ish tropicals when keeping the lighting closer to nature and closer to their native schedule.

Ive learned how important the schedule is at germination and the begining of life.
That made a big difference from germing at 24/0 or 18hrs.
Germinate at a schedule close to what harvest time would be, then increase light hours as needed until Veg in maintained. Sometimes thats merely 14hrs, sometimes 16-18.
Its an experiment i started in 2014 once I started popping a lot of seeds…and started doing mushrooms while chilling in the garden. In Nature, plants usually begin to germinate in “Spring” which will have similar environmental conditions as “Autumn” and then the light hours slowly increase til “Summer” then waning hours initiate flowering.
Some of the best results in those experiments were from germing at 10.5 hrs, increasing to 13-14hrs for Veg, then work back down to 10.5. Some lines are more particular, some lines want different schedules.
Most lighting schedules are made out of compromise and laziness, and they become canon in the industry

TLDR,
Try a more Tropic oriented lighting schedule that mimics Thai/Viet and/or Oaxaca

25 Likes

What a lovely experiment and well typed response. Love the thought, man. And that you’re actually doing it. Super interesting.

Sidenote to all: 2 eternal sunshine bebes up. With any luck the other 4 will be there this afternoon or tomorrow and you’ll be seeing my log.

10 Likes

speakeasy black friday drop on bodhi

purple afro and purple goji and more

9 Likes

Berner Approved?!??! Bhodi? :rofl::sob::sob::sob:

16 Likes

I’ve always kinda felt like 16/8 was a sorta “happy medium,” although I have (unintentionally) vegged on 14/10 for a month before and some of those plants straight-up started flowering after a couple weeks on that schedule. None of those plants were any kind of “equatorial Sativa” or anything, though. If I remember correctly, they were two different Diesel crosses and a Blueberry/Silver Lotus hybrid.

I know what you’re saying and it does make sense, but because I’m always growing a few different cultivars, some with more “tropical” origins and some without, it’s kind of like,”Alright, well, everything’s gonna get what they get,” whether it’s the same light cycle or any sort of “feed” or whatever. I do have two tents, though, so I could probably separate stuff and veg the ones that would respond positively to a more “normal” or “natural” lighting schedule apart from the ones that don’t care haha.

Anyway, yeah, I get what you’re saying. Makes sense!

14 Likes

Last one -

Lav Jack #3

Smells : peppery rubber leather minty cocoa/coffee notes

Trichomes : A bit powdery. Definitely not sticky at all.

Smell intensity : Medium

Potency : Medium

Effects : initially high alert - feel good energy boost that mellows out quickly (10-15min later). After that it’s all calm, mellow and mildly spacey.

Duration 1-1.5 hours

I like the effects. I think most people would find the bud kind of weak and short lived though. Don’t know that I’d run it again because it doesn’t come across as that special to me in any area.

46 Likes

Found the complete list from Bodhi’s 2008 Nepal collection trip:

“location: shivapuri national forest
village: mulkharka
elevation: 1900m
classification: medium christmas tree shape dense floral clusters mountain sativa
aroma: spicy citrus menthol fading into jasmine/neroli
notes: my nepali friends favorite from the dry samples, smooth, tasty, hits hard and surrounds the head like an inflatetable joy helmet.

village: mulkharka
elevation: 1900m
classification: big bushy foxtail hashplant
aroma: floral, soapy, green
notes: seeds came pre cured by the women of the land, seeds were also collected right off plant by me aswell to insure viability.

village: pati bhanjyang
elevation: 1770m
classification: tall tight christmas tree shape mountain sativa
aroma: green, floral, borneol, camphor, spicy.
notes: these came from my favorite shiva baba who lives two days walk into the mountains, we call him happy baba, he loves to garden and says his plants are superior to hashish. spicy mind inspiration, clear, motivational high.

village: upper gyalthun
elevation: 2100m
classification: medium tall christmass tree sativa
aroma: overwhelmingly grapefruit
notes: beautiful golden bud and nice trich formation

village: ghandruk
elevation: 1940m
classification: giant bushy foxtail hashplant
aroma: sweet lavender, geranium, aftershave.
notes: found this one on the day of the chopdown, not many seeds, biggest hasplant ive ever seen.

village: lower chhomrong
elevation: 2170m
classification: bushy sprawly hashplant that even grew along the ground
aroma: green, fuely, oily.
notes: lost to the fine folks at the US customs.

village: lower chhomrong
elevation: 2100m
classification: stretchy sativa with small tight sparse buds
aroma: honeysuckle
notes: sublime aroma

village: middle chhomrong
elevation: 2170m
classification: long full red armed christmass tree sativa.
aroma: spicy, soapy
notes: unique branching

village: mileche
elevation: 2000m
classification: big bushy tall classic himalayan hashplant
aroma: watermelon, tea rose.
notes: totally classic himalayan watermelon hashplant

village: mileche
elevation: 2000m
classification: classic highland mountain sativa
aroma: himalayan mountain flowers
notes: classic, big, tight, full, christmass tree, nepali highland mountain sativa.

village: chuile
elevation: 2500m
classification: tall mountain sativa
aroma: floral green
notes: pheno 1 tight sparse floral clusters

aroma: floral green
notes: pheno 2 tighter sparse floral clusters, the green one in the photo.

classification: very tall purple mountain sativa
aroma: grape bubblgum
notes: big, purple, crystally, and super grape bubblegum smell

village: upper chuile
aroma: pure spicy
notes: most of the plant was gone but managed to collect some seeds, this was my nepali friends fav plant structure wise from earlier in the season but it was chopped before we got back to it.

village: banthanti
elevation: 2500m?
classification: possible highland indica
aroma: n/a
notes: very large seeds simmilar to deep chunk seeds, these plants had been done long before we arrived, village woman had kept them safe.

village: banthanti
elevation: 2500m?
classification: tall wispy mountain sativa
aroma: my guide says orange (i had the flu during this time so i could not smell)
notes: very wispy, nice crystals, low yeild.

village: chitre
elevation: 2200m?
classification: tall purple christmass tree mountain sativa
aroma: purple, grape, nag champa, burgandy, rich urkle like aroma.
notes: very simmilar to the chuile purple, except smaller seeds and stature, and a deeper more sublime aroma.

village: chitre
elevation: 2200m?
classification: medium tall fat leafy colas, classic breeders highland sativa
aroma: spicy, hazy, kitchen herbs, menthol, floral
notes: smells just like a bangi haze pheno i have, and looks like some phenos of satori.

village: upper ulleri
elevation: 2100
classification: small hashplant christmas tree sat hybrid
aroma: skunky, catpiss
notes: small with large pistils

village: sauraha
elevation: 150m
classification: full on lowland terrai jungle sativa
aroma: temple ball, soapy, green, spice
notes: this plant is extremely stable and almost indestructible, i have had 5 females in 12oz cups in my mom room for over a year, they dont seem to care if theres no water, light, root space, pm, etc… they are prone to spider mites though, but they dont impact the plant that much. i have also bushmastered (pgr) them into bonsai sativas. should be a unique breeding tool.”

39 Likes

That information is solid gold!

7 Likes