Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Posting this charity auction for the Edmonton Food Bank, some of us have been throwing in more sealed Bodhi packs to encourage bidding, besides the Bandaid Haze in the base winnings, at $125 there’s Heavenly Hashplant added, at $150 Mimosa x 88G13HP. Already added at $100 was some Cherry West F3s, check it out! Ends March 24 6pm MST:

8 Likes

@yardgrazer Caleb probably got it from both Bodhi and x0chi and he sometimes open sources for his preservation (I donated some PTK to CSI in the past to make fresh stock for instance) but truthfully I never saw x0chi or Goat & Monkey work with the Sterling. B’s been working with it afaik since the early 2010’s so maybe it was entirely passed onto Bodhi.

I am stoked for those. I played around with Bodhi’s cut of A.S.S. for awhile which has Sterling on both sides of it’s lineage and man lemme tell ya it’s straight up some of the foulest weed I’ve ever smelled and I’m not just saying that because I like Bodhi’s work lol.

24 Likes

Purple Soul

I just want to express appreciation for this strain.

I had some PH issues and it was a little finicky on the grow, but the smoke turned out quite nice. She took nicely to FIM and had some very nice sets up top…

It’s going to take a few more grows for me to dial her in on nutrients, but there were factors at play unrelated to the genetics that made her less than “photogenic.” Buds were sticky spongy and full. No larf.

Trim resulted in fantastic edibles.

As far as the smoke, it had expressions of bread and sweetness, tempered nicely with an almost, but not quite, pine after-tone.

Nice head work too. Good body buzz and relaxing while still promoting an active high where thoughts springboard upon each other. Entertaining if you’ve got the time to enjoy it.

Will be looking to pick some more of these beans up and likely explore some close relatives.

Great work.

19 Likes

His pinesoul cut I think is pretty special don’t think you can go wrong with any of his crosses with it after hearing about reports and what people said about it I wasn’t too interested in the purple unicorn line but might have to snag that one sometime out of curiosity :sweat_smile: thanks for the report @Longtooth

13 Likes

What’s up bodhi folk here at OG.

I just harvested a silver sunshine myself. Took
Her down at 60 days, just a few shy of 9 weeks.

She reeked of diesel at harvest but the cure seems like she may go down a more hazy path.

I’m also sitting on packs of triangle kush x wookies and dreadbread x 88g13hp that I hope to get to sooner rather that later.

34 Likes

nice!

babylon buster was a solid grower and balanced high. no up and down, more like a stable balanced high.

i have some silver sunshine in seedling right now. have you tried any dried samples?

Also, you can repost this on the Bodhi Plant Guide if you want.

15 Likes

Got a couple Babylon Buster at 78 days 12/12 from seed, exceptionally frosty with trainable branches. Buds tend to be long and a bit off from “dense”. Leaves beyond first few are narrow. Smell like wild flowers today. Not at all like most G13HP crosses. No couch lock. Active and creative high. These need to swell some over the next couple weeks. We like it on this hill.

17 Likes

That looks very nice! I plan on growing out the Silver Sunshine pack after the Pinball Wizzard, hoping for some Haze leaners in these.

11 Likes

I’ve been eyeing my pack of Silver Sunshine too. If it’s SSDD leaner, hell yeah. If it’s Super Silver Haze leaner, then also hell yeah! What’s not to love?

15 Likes

In case you don’t visit the Trading Post, I’m looking for a Purple Unicorn cross.

Willing to trade Banana Punch x 88g13hp and Lime OG x Williams Wonder (AK Bean Brains).

8 Likes

theres a new drop coming around the beginning of April…

Purple Lemon Thai (lemon thai x purple unicorn f3) is supposed to be one of the packs dropping soon…

I’ve got both of these packs… not interested in trading but they’re available at seedbanks right now for purchase…

Purple Mana (mana x purple unicorn f3) is currently in stock at Headiesgardens
Purple Lush (lush x purple unicorn f3) is currently a freebie in stock at Breederdirectseedco

10 Likes

Yeah, thanks man.

I know there are some choice PU packs available for purchase at numerous banks. Trying not to buy a pack, ‘cause then I’ll prob buy 2 so I can get a freebie, then I’ll end up with 3 more packs when all a really want is one, ha!

Thought I’d throw up a trade offer first…

8 Likes

So regarding the upcoming Bodhi drop…

I’ve been thinking about it. I originally was looking forward to WooRock and Strawberry Fantasy… but I don’t feel like buying a ton of seeds. I think I’m pulling the trigger on these guys tho…

Purple Lemon Thai (lemon thai x purple unicorn f3)
and…
Mule Fuel x 88g13hp

Possibly…
Cherry Pie Kush X 88g13hp or WooRock… undecided.

I’ll probably just snatch 2 packs each. Most of the ghash seeds my buddy dropped produced a lot of males so I want to up the odds of getting a good keeper. The Mule Fuel cross could be very good. I read that Mule Fuel is really potent. The Purple Lemon Thai could be ridiculously good. That’s a must have… and the Cherry Pie Kush cross sounds good but I’m undecided about that one still.

Strawberry Fantasy originally was on my list but I have a few Strawberry Milk crosses already plus the Strawberry Milk F2s… just got a second pack of Kodama the other day actually. I really liked Kodama when my buddy grew it out.

What are you guys planning on snatching up?

12 Likes

I’m looking at the royal kush cross and the white widow cross

9 Likes

Purple Empress (vintage Jack herer x purple unicorn. I’m a big fan of Jack.

13 Likes

34 Likes

There are a bunch of tempting options, including the Royal Kush NFT, but I think I might try to sit this one out. I’ll probably regret it.

9 Likes

Same boat. No cash, much regret. :joy::joy:

9 Likes

Yea I’m not seeing anything that jumps out at me. Gonna sit this drop out.

10 Likes

In case anyone prefers these 2 over the next drop, i found a great store in the US that still has both Monarch and Spirit HP for $50 ea.

To help thwart any scalpers, send me a DM and i’ll tell you the place.

12 Likes