Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

So regarding the upcoming Bodhi drop…

I’ve been thinking about it. I originally was looking forward to WooRock and Strawberry Fantasy… but I don’t feel like buying a ton of seeds. I think I’m pulling the trigger on these guys tho…

Purple Lemon Thai (lemon thai x purple unicorn f3)
and…
Mule Fuel x 88g13hp

Possibly…
Cherry Pie Kush X 88g13hp or WooRock… undecided.

I’ll probably just snatch 2 packs each. Most of the ghash seeds my buddy dropped produced a lot of males so I want to up the odds of getting a good keeper. The Mule Fuel cross could be very good. I read that Mule Fuel is really potent. The Purple Lemon Thai could be ridiculously good. That’s a must have… and the Cherry Pie Kush cross sounds good but I’m undecided about that one still.

Strawberry Fantasy originally was on my list but I have a few Strawberry Milk crosses already plus the Strawberry Milk F2s… just got a second pack of Kodama the other day actually. I really liked Kodama when my buddy grew it out.

What are you guys planning on snatching up?

12 Likes

I’m looking at the royal kush cross and the white widow cross

9 Likes

Purple Empress (vintage Jack herer x purple unicorn. I’m a big fan of Jack.

13 Likes

34 Likes

There are a bunch of tempting options, including the Royal Kush NFT, but I think I might try to sit this one out. I’ll probably regret it.

9 Likes

Same boat. No cash, much regret. :joy::joy:

9 Likes

Yea I’m not seeing anything that jumps out at me. Gonna sit this drop out.

10 Likes

In case anyone prefers these 2 over the next drop, i found a great store in the US that still has both Monarch and Spirit HP for $50 ea.

To help thwart any scalpers, send me a DM and i’ll tell you the place.

12 Likes

And celestial Citron. Last one left!

8 Likes

Yea I’m with everyone else, tapped out and not sure about my job for the summer. That said, if I were to say sell some stuff on Craigslist and not save it for the TGTB Gorilla Bubble flavor pack or other 420 stuff, I would want the Purple Unicorn work from this drop, Lemon Thai and Jack Herer are both favorites of mine and sound like they’d bring big sativa energy to the PU.

9 Likes

Oh shit i forgot about 420. Usually good deals then. Gonna save some $ up and start eating less food, drinking more water. Water is cheap.

Plus many strains will be available to trade for. I didn’t buy seeds for 18 months straight, only caving in when GLG had the $45 Bodhi BOGO. Got 4 packs for $90.

Otherwise i’ve traded w several great OG members. Recommend.

The only pack i regret not getting is Madre Azul. But will trade for it someday.

18 Likes

I have a pack of Blacklight Fantasy hitting my mailbox sometime next week… this week I got the Bodhi Black Sunshine, the 2nd pack of Kodama and 2nd pack of the Grape Pie x Ghash pack that I somehow lost… now back in my hands… and Starflight Guava too. I think the Starflight Guava is probably the one I’m most excited about. I have all these amazing packs now so I don’t wanna go crazy on these new drops… but I can’t resist that Purple Lemon Thai… I definitely need that one. I might get a couple more packs tho because of the inevitable end of the line that’s approaching stock/wise.

This drop is possibly a close to last chance to get some of these Wookie & Ghash crosses before they dissappear completely.

Bodhi emailed me this past week and this is one of the things he said…

the 88g13/hp and the wookie 15 males were retired last year… time to start fresh… lots of new new things in the works…

I’m sure these words are comforting to a few but that means the end is near for some of these packs. I’d get what you want, while you can.

27 Likes

Glory glory hallelujah!!!
Hey @MonsterDrank you mentioned Bodhi emailed you, so I assume it was a personal message, but does he have an email list at all? It would be so nice to get consolidated information, rather than trying to piece it together from seedbank emails and online forums

12 Likes

In my limited knowledge, there is no consolidated email or info source.
It really is kind of a treasure hunt. The only place i’ve even seen Bodhi post info (other than IG) is BreedBay.

Bodhi is literally a 1-person company w his lady Sage helping out.

EDIT: @MonsterDrank knows Bodhi so he (as well as just a few others), has access to firsthand info. But it appears Bodhi is very busy w kids and plants so he has little time even for emails.

10 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures , i recommend signing up for email alerts of Bodhi drops from GLG, Headiegardens, JBC etc.
GLG esp. emails breeder drop info regularly.
These emails are crucial for me to know when a drop or sales are coming.

10 Likes

I’ve actually never done testing for Bodhi. I tested for Subcool/TGA, and Alphakronik. I don’t do stuff like that anymore though.

I’ve just known Bodhi a long time and have grown a bunch of his strains. I don’t like to volunteer as a tester, despite having many past opportunities because it takes up crucial space on the floor that I usually have other plans for. There’s lots of folks that volunteer for tester seeds and never fulfill their obligation… I’d never do that to anyone… so I usually turn down any testing opportunity presented to me.

21 Likes

Thank you @MonsterDrank for clarifying; i’ve edited out the “tester” statement above ^^^.

5 Likes

True, but that would take away part of the fun and mystery. Kinda reminds me of the good ole days when information wasn’t spoon feed. You had to work and have the good fortune to find what ye seeks!

12 Likes

Just like growing his plants. Diff. phenos, male plants etc it’s a gamble on what you’ll find, but can be very rewarding.

I do miss the days when he would write funny descriptive details, like Jabba’s Stash smells of “bounty hunter hideout funk”. He’s very creative but i like that he now channels that creativity into all the strains he offers.

10 Likes

I think part of that was Breedbay’s old policy that they were pretty strict on. They’d want breeders to do testing of any strain/seedpack for sale on their auction and also required breeders to make a detailed listing for said strain… phenotype descriptions, etc.

The position that Breedbay took to ensure that it’s members recieved quality genetics was good but it was also IMO a double edged sword. You’d have to wait for a lot of work to get done by others before the listing could go live… and you couldn’t casually talk about seeds being available elsewhere as they were a forum but also a seedbank… and recommending to folk that they spend money elsewhere was somewhat rude. But… it did get a lot of those descriptions you’re referring to posted… and then copied… pasted into listings on other sites.

19 Likes