Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Had one that was more of a mix, but it was too heavy for me. Like nap inducing after an hour or 2. That had some nice lemon terps but also had a mentholy taste to it as well. Almost like a cough drop.

The one I’ve kept is more towards the Pinesol side of things. Very vigorous bean pole. Not much side branching so topping is a must. Super lemony, slightly trippy if you smoke too much, and best of all, it doesn’t weigh me down later. So I can smoke it all day and I’m not dozing off after lunch. It’s not racey or anything, just a good strong heady high that just slowly tapers off hours later and doesn’t leave you “burnt out”.

Edit: Forgot that i ran both of those phenos outside in 2 gallons, the cough drop one got white powdery mildew all over and I didn’t even harvest it, I threw it in the compost pile. The one I kept had zero WPM and it was right next to the other one.

17 Likes

https://headiegardens.com/product/nikah/
If your still wanting to pick it up.

12 Likes

Sounds pretty perfect all around

5 Likes

Thanks buddy! I was waiting on them to reopen, and then forgot.

6 Likes

Blueberry hashplant and some of the other HP crosses did great here in MA…

10 Likes

This was kind of a heavy post from the previous bodhi thread. just wanted to mention that I did gradually get the use of my voice back.

The wildfire smoke last summer and fall caused some extreme inflammation and damage. It took a long time to start healing.

It’s still a little weird now, but I can talk if I’m careful not to strain my voice.

35 Likes

Cracking a pack any day now

6 Likes

Great to hear (no pun intended)! You usually write stuff that I wanna comment on anyway, but after I read that, I reeeealllyyyy felt compelled to comment on your posts and start conversations. I was like,”Jesus, man, this is zephyr’s only way of communicating…”

So now that I know you can speak again, I won’t comment on any more of your posts haha! Just kidding. Glad you can speak again.

21 Likes

That’s some scary shit!! Glad you’re ok. The human body is a resilient fragile bitch. Take care of yourself.

13 Likes

honestly for a while it was. I was plugging my computer into the tv and typing messages to talk to people in the same room with me, or texting on my phone. The limitation of expression and lack of immediacy was frustrating.

I was definitely posting a lot more during that time because it limited my in person interactions so much. I really needed the distraction and the intellectual outlet. Interacting online didn’t change as much so it felt much more natural.

I really appreciated that @minitiger.

27 Likes

@syzygy Thanks. And no problem! I started the guide during a very inconsistent growing year so I had some time on my hands lol. Obviously it hasn’t been updated in years since I switched over to the Instagram format but I’m glad you’re all still using it!

@zephyr much appreciated. gotta keep it consistent with the rodney eyes lol. i thought about trying the PCK outdoors but I think I’m gonna run some Jager Punch from another breeder instead.

15 Likes

@minitiger :pray: The angel wing and appy bx are the most mysterious ones to me. I’ll have to ask what was used to back cross Appy.
I’m probably with you on the Oreoz. It’s bland and the g13hp can have the tendency of muting terps similar to The White does. Never know til you try em though!
I am a lowkey fan of the G41. That cut could use some of that symmetrical beautiful g13hp growth imo in my garden she suffers from that cookie thing where they prefer to be super off to the corner.

@CocoaCoir :+1:

@yardgrazer Afkansastan crosses are dope. I’ve seen some nice examples outta those and grew one as well. The Sterling is Sterling Skunk… It’s Bodhi’s “RKS” that he uses. Originally from x0chi aka Matt from Goat and Monkey Genetics who recently passed away. CSI Humboldt sells those on their website, I bought two packs recently.

@420PyRoS :+1: If you guys aren’t aware, the original breeder of Appy is selling Appalachia F3’s and a few Appy crosses. H&L aka High & Lonesome over at Matt Riots website and probably some of the popular seedbanks but I haven’t checked.

29 Likes

I think there’s some in stock at JBC too? Don’t quote me on that but reasonably sure that’s where I saw H&L post about.

For OD this year I’m probably running some skunk hashplants I recently acquired. Very excited about those. Soaked some copa last night on the new moon and thinking the Skunk HP’s will swim on april 6 during the new moon. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

12 Likes

I just scooped a pack of the Appy F3 from JBC so they were in stock on Monday.

7 Likes

Nice, thank you for corroborating! Wasn’t sure if I was toked and talking out of my ass or not

4 Likes

I should have scooped a pack earlier from Shoe at Headies cuz H&L was doin 15pks at that point but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

7 Likes

I actually asked them to stock h&l. It took him about 3 months but he got back to me and said they were a vendor now.
edit:
Hey man
Hope all is good there!
I remember you asking once about high lonesome. Just wanted to let ya know his gear is now available on the website.
Have a great day
JB

16 Likes

Whole community owes you a thank you then! :heart::v:t2:

9 Likes

I’ve got a tiny bit of appy f3 feminized pollen left if you want it, it’s yours.

10 Likes

5 Likes