BOG LSD co-op run

The emulation scene got super crazy in the 20 years i been out of the “game”.
The machines come with a micro sd card that is packed to the gills with games.

4 Likes

Niiice! I picked up a couple different Nintendo-looking consoles that came with 400-700 old school games… Oddly, including an 8bit version of angry birds 🤷 who knew, lol.

4 Likes

The meme machine I built and posted a video of in my game thread has tens of thousands of games across multiple consoles. :wink:

7 Likes

Sweeeeeeet, I’m always looking for ways to waste a large amount of time :grin::joy:

2 Likes

That one took a loooong time. I built it out of a Die Hard arcade cabinet. I put in a custom control panel that lights up with sound or vibration. I added side buttons for pinball, a spinner, a track ball and a joystick with a top button for tank games. I also added 2 guns for shooting games. Then programmed all the games to come up with a banner as you scroll and when you stop on a marquee it shows a preview of each game. Its got all the arcade games as well as Laser Disk games, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and a bunch of other stuff. Took a ton of work but I did enjoy it.

22 Likes

Holy shit man, that’s really impressive!!!

2 Likes

There’s emulator for iPhone that supports NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy (Color), Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS. All you gotta do is download the ROMs online all for free.

The link if anyone is interested

4 Likes

That’s awesome Doug! I’ve got a raspberry pi sitting in my parts drawer that was intended for a custom arcade tabletop, but it just kept getting pushed down the list, I should really revisit doing that… Thanks for the potential inspiration my friend :laughing: , I’m gonna have to go watch that video of yours that you mentioned!

4 Likes

All the full size arcade games you see in my thread were rebuilt by me.

I went further and made a whole table, lol. This pic was an old Pacman. I made customer control panels for it, gave it new glass, new art, a new monitor, new wiring, a new power supply and a 470 game cartridge. It’s my favorite table restoration.

Here is a quick vid I did on it.

22 Likes

Wow! That is amazing brother!
I checked out your mame cabinet video, that is an awesome build too, especially keeping the guns on. Now I’m gonna have to look into reproduction ones if I ever do make the tabletop haha

3 Likes

Those guns did not come with the cabinet. They are USB guns purchased from an arcade store. There is lot’s going on there. I was big into restoring arcade games for a while. Was a fun adventure. Especially rebuilding the old arcade monitors since they don’t produce them any more. I just love digging into stuff. It all started with a Donkey Kong Jr. game I bought. It was also a sit down table game. I bought it as a coffee table because I wasted so many hours sitting at those games when I was young. Living in an arcade was my thing back when I was a kid. When I opened that game, as a computer tech, I recognized everything in there and thought, I can fix this. So I did, lol. That was right after my fountain pen phase. I was restoring those for a couple years. I don’t know, when I find a new thing I tend to learn all I can about them.

17 Likes

Oo okay, makes more sense lol.
You definitely went all in on the arcade stuff!

Kind of a tangent but semi related - I love fixing tech stuff/re-purposing myself, I’ve always been a computer guy but I’m in the restaurant business so I don’t get much usable tech to take home. About a year ago I took home a pretty old point of sale, formatted it, obviously some linux love, added a couple TB external hard drive and now it’s my permanent plex server for the house. Low power usage, streams everything fine, added bonus of a touch screen, I love it haha.

3 Likes

Hey Doug, I have a pack of Sour LSD Pat sent me as a freebie on my last order. I will get them to you if you want them. Theye’re from 2019 I beleive?
Let me know…
pine

27 Likes

That would be amazing @pine, been looking for quite a while for those.

16 Likes

Good morning OG. Thought I would drop the last pics of the LSD before they move to their new home. One plant is still a bit unhappy but all the others seem fine. Here they are this morning.

My 5x5 will give them the extra room they need to complete their journey. Have an amazing day OG. :v:

65 Likes

The growth has been amazing to watch. Doing awesome Doug!

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Got em dialed on this one!!

Flip em!! Flip em!! :joy:

Ready for the show!!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Good lord Doug, you are in the freaking pocket on this one!

3 Likes

The LSD I ran was pretty stinky in veg and even more so in bud.

Do ya have a favorite plant yet?

7 Likes