Breeder price ranges

If you are going to spend 200+ on seeds, do it from a site like www.seedsman.com I ordered a pack of Sensi G13xHashplant for 200 and I got 19 free seeds with the order. So i got 29 seeds for 225 bucks. Fair I thought.

5 Likes

Regardless of the price paid for seeds, there is always going to be some degree of
genetic roulette the seed buyer is gonna have to play. You may or may not be dissapointed.

Some of my favorite seeds were very inexpensive. Nirvana had some real nice knockoffs or whatever, which were very satisfyingā€¦ICE, NLxHaze, Northern Lights, Papaya, White Rhino.
I grew all of those during the reign of OG 1.0.
More recently I have been growing a bunch of Mandalaā€™s seeds which provide unique flavors and highs; they all seem to supply a delightful, nostalgic, redolence of 1970ā€™s weed.
Most of Mandalaā€™s 10 packs sell for under $50.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve never purchased any of their gear, but I really like Mandalaā€™s offering. I wish their Orisha was still available.

3 Likes

@Calyxander sweet always looking for good old feeling genetics. Found the site what strains do you recommend from them?

2 Likes

Hi @Mongobongo so far my favorites are;

Hashberry
Satori
Far Outā€“I have only grown this under the sun outdoors
Krystalica
Mandala #1

3 Likes

As a guy that is going to go all in on autos, I follow auto grows on YouTube and write down strains and seed companies and watch how the plants perform under similar conditions to what I am going to run. Right now Mephisto genetics and DinaFem look very strong to me. My list is at the house but it looks like I will be spending about 15-20 per bean.

4 Likes

Hi BLKMRR 15 a seed fem autoā€¦DCSE.

1 Like

iā€™m not a big fan of purchasing from seedbanks (prob because i saw how crazy the markups are compared to wholesale) or of the major ā€˜commercialā€™ breeders (HSO, greenhouse, dinafem etc), altho those big guys can prob afford more r&d and space for selections, i still prefer the smaller craft/hobby breeders and buying direct from breeder or the single person ā€˜seedbanksā€™ which just distribute for a handful of breeders

i guess itā€™s all relative, if youā€™re earning 250k a year than a 500$ pack of seeds is fuck all, thatā€™s like half a days wages or less

9 Likes

If I was making $250k a year I would still never pay $500 for a pack of seeds lol. Itā€™s completely unjustifiable imo

11 Likes

If I was making that a year, I donā€™t believe Iā€™d be selling seeds a 500$/pack if I wanted to continue making 250k$ a year

8 Likes

Iā€™m having a hard time figuring out the best spot for seeds in the golden horseshoe area.

Prices are pretty crazy, most especially for fem plants that will eventually herm on you.

I was okay with dropping 100+ on a pack of seeds when you had a chance of finding a gold standard mother plant that you would keep in your stable for years (the OG Overgrow How to keep a Banzai Mother thread/article was groundbreaking for me and many others)

As I understand it, so many of the most popular and heavily promoted strains of today: GG4, OG Kush, GSC, etc. etc etc are mostly available as Fem only and prone to herming. Most of the strains that I loved from back in the day are now available from so many different breeders doing their own versions that itā€™s hard to nail down who was the actual original breeder of the strain, and even then, most of the available seeds are feminized.

I mean, I know itā€™s 2019 and weā€™re supposed to be tolerantā€¦ I just donā€™t want my marijuana to be Gender fluid. Not as long as itā€™s living under my roof.

5 Likes

Green point has a reverse auction on right now. Hes in Colorado and ships pretty quickly. Company owner also answers emails which I enjoy. Not everyone likes Gu but he has some fire in those seeds. I pay with bitcoin but I hear his credit card issues with payofix are solved and he has a new cc company. With a little skill you can get some decent seeds for under a 100 US. I usually get 30 to 40 for 100 ameribucks. But personally I need to stay away from that site for a bit. GU 's sales always suck me in and I dont want to get divorced.

4 Likes

Speakeasy seed bank stocks OGkushman, Dynasty and along with Archive ā€œThaDoctaā€ and CSIā€™s Pirates to name a few who have original strains in regs and are well known breeders.