Breeder price ranges

Are all these $300-$500 packs of beans worth it? Inhouse genetics, Dying breed, Alien to name a few… I mean you can get worked lines and dope genetics from others like Nspecta (CSI) or Dominion for like $100?

10 Likes

That’s insane… I would tell you no … others will tell you different…

11 Likes

I’m with @toastyjakes, those prices are insane. Today I was looking at GDP seeds and I thought the 120 for 10 beans was reasonable, but just barely

6 Likes

I wait for specials and swoop in. Rarely ever pay more than $100.But even when Inhouse is on sale, WOOO $250 instead of $320… wondering if anyone has grown out anything that expensive and found it worth the price?

4 Likes

Ouch I’ll bet those are Reg Beans as well to rich for my blood when paying 4-8X as normal prices I say no way Jose’

4 Likes

Instead of selling at fair prices and clearing higher volumes based on the demand for their work, most of the seeds are sitting in jars at their houses waiting to die… or waiting for some poor sucker to alleviate them of their fate at the landfill.

The reality is that there is little demand for seeds at those prices, and 2-3 plants worth of seeds can easily outstrip their entire sales volume for the year. Everyone knows that there’s a certain segment of people who feel that the more you spend on something the better it is, and there are people who are happy to unburden your wallet so that you can achieve that feeling. As a bonus, no matter what comes out of your grow, they know that you’ll go on to tell everybody about how awesome your $300 pack was, and that’s free advertising. Nobody drops that kind of coin on seeds and stays quiet about it.

25 Likes

Until Candy rain and shit happen! And to all the suckers… buahahahaaaa!
BUT to those that Spread the love on a $5k pk, thank you! Without you, many wouldn’t have some of the cuts we have today

7 Likes

I would say not worth it. Considering most seed companies have pulled base genetics from sensi, nirvana, dinfem, Flying Dutchman, Dutch passion, paradise seeds etc… you want good prices and good genetics I’d go with Nirvana but I’m biased :smiley:

4 Likes

If you’re looking for a holy grail plant I think the best way would be to buy alot (like 50+) of seeds of a known, trusted strain that has the traits you like and start digging!

Thats where all of the foundations of our modern strains come from, a single pack of seeds isn’t very likely to have that genetic gem hiding in it

8 Likes

Here take a look at seed prices from 2004 :grinning: issue of cannabis culture

9 Likes

In 2004 I was getting alot of my seeds from seedsdirect in Holland for like $30 a pack. I also should have been buying original BOG shit for like $30 a pack or whatever it was then.

For me personally $100+ is unacceptable, I’ll drive to a friend’s for free cuttings at that point

12 Likes

I won’t buy any of those packs. $100 is about the most I’ll spend on a pack of seeds. I snagged a pack of Archive’s slurricane for $60. He didn’t like that in-house was charging 300 for a pack of fems that in his words were just an untested pollen chuck.

8 Likes

I’ve never paid that much for a seed pack. Buy some Bodhi, Doc D, and or Stray Fox for 70 a pack plus freebies.

7 Likes

As much as i dont think it’s fair or like to admit it most I paid was $189 for a pack of lemon head from archive seed bank ,probebly nothing special but had money at that time. You can now get hem for 120 .I’d say $50 to $100 is fair but seems like alot are In the $100-150 range.

4 Likes

emery always was a greedy POS imho

7 Likes

Yes emery’s prices were high especially for the time but he was putting himself out there and shipping everywhere, alot of his money also went towards the cannabis movement In general so not entirely greedy imo, I think part of the high prices also has to do with the distributor aka seedbank needing to make a profit also on top of overhead. Best prices are always from the breeder direct and best guarantee of good stock and newer seed.

3 Likes

Yeah, at least Archive has been around forever. Pretty sure you’re getting a quality worked line . I spent $150 for Tropicanna Cookies from Oni Seed Co but came with freebies from the seed bank so it kinda evened out…

3 Likes

I generally draw the line at $10 CDN per seed, but usually I wait for sales and get them for much less. Some of the best plants I’ve grown came from $4 seeds, or from seeds I made myself. I have enough good DNA in my jar now to never buy seeds again. But I’ll probably still buy some here and there when they are 50% off. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You won’t be disappointed! Oni has some bangers to be found Expecially in the Tropicana’s

1 Like

I got some $200+ Black Cherry Punch seeds and got a bunch of nice clones from the one seed I’ve dropped so far. It’s real good but I wouldn’t say it’s better than anything else I’ve grown, but well worth the $20 or whatever. I gave some $12 seeds to a buddy and was super pissed he didn’t listen and they didn’t sprout for him. If I gave him $50 and he set it on fire it wouldn’t have bothered me as much.

3 Likes