C-Rex Cretaceous Cannabis Cave

One more evening of trimming and all is left is the larf and a couple smaller plants. I don’t have any more place to hang branches lol Early plants are getting bagged so I can clear the space in my well ventilated growroom for more hanging branches, as the laundry room gets an extra scent to the clothes oops.

5 Likes

One final cleanout and it is restart time in the cave. I only have 3 clones from @Neb going, and they are getting protocol zero at clean time. Partner has med papers to up her count to 98 submitted…so many choices for seeds here, I’ll post up the choices and let you peeps decide a few to run. Soil cooking outside, seed start mix ready… finally looking forward to indoor growing, it was quite a long break for me, outdoor was actually good-to-great this year on yield and quality. Haven’t weighed it all but looks to be in the 4 lb range altogether. Generally smaller plants this year, had a late start and funny weather, but we stayed ahead of rot and hermi’s lol. A good season all things considered. Hoping to do well indoors this winter.

5 Likes

Just counted 53 strains ungrown and about 140 strains that I have flowered out in my time lol. Glad the plant count is goin up…thats strains I purchased over the years, I have a whole other collection of pollen chucks and accidentals…I have one Querkle seed left in the original TGA packaging LOL One day I might find a keeper My secret santa pack this year should be better LOL. Nov. 1 my Mom would have been 101 today and my Grandmother woulda just turned 131. Seeds are like old photo’s that actually come back to life…Cheers to all that came before us, and left a legacy.

4 Likes

some strains to consider Warlock (serious seeds) tony green GG4 RIL, Shuteye (calyx bros) ubc chemoF2 (Barefrog), C-99 (peakseedsbc), Mendo PurpsxHashplant (Reeferman), Skunk#1 (Auth seedco), Wolfpack F2 (GreenHighlander), Medecine Breath (Sunleaf seed co) Go Nuts (OG), Silver Mountain (Sebring) probably going to run 3 of these strains any picks??? I’ll look for logs on some of these, in the meantime chime in anyone…seed soaking starts tonight or tomorrow. New moon on the 4th so the funky gravity vibes are favourable…not my guide whatsoever but good time of the year for spooky bro-science and shit lol.

3 Likes

This one has my vote :+1:

2 Likes

I’d grow the Warlock (old school, baby!), the Wolfpack f2 and the Silver Mountain (those are the f2’s from Sebring, right?). I’ve grown Silver Mountain from Bodhi before, good weed. And here’s greenhighlander’s log of the Wolfpack f2’s: Greenhighlander grows

Think he grew about 15 females. He’s also the one who made those seeds.

3 Likes

That settles it. GG4, Wolfpack F2, Warlock, and Silver Mountain (yes Sebrings F2). I’ll start with at least 5 seeds of each, maybe 7. Plan on cloning any promising females and possibly a male after they show in flower. Thanks for the link @minitiger (was watching his outdoor). We’ll post up the progress as we go.

5 Likes

Think that will be a great lineup @Cannasaurusrex !!!

2 Likes

All 4 strains got a scuff and then to paper towels yesterday. Also starting migraine med strain (Original Dawg x Titanic from TheGreenpool) and a couple crosses we did with her last year Lucky 7’s, ODxTitanic F2 and Dorothy Fuldheim (Melvanetics)

7 Likes

Most everything popped and have hit the soil, lowest germ rate was Warlock and the ODxTitanic F2 but they are older and will get cpl more days in the paper towel before judging. all others went at 100% worst was 1 out of 7 NOT popping. Warlock and ODxT are 3 for 6 so far although the OD F2’s had a mediocre germ rate, last time. Ran out of solo cups with drain holes, off to the market LOL. Pics when they show above ground. Happy so far on this upcoming run, has been a while since I popped a seed (or 50) lol Cheers.

3 Likes

Basically just a couple seeds didn’t pop from my crosses all bought seeds cracked with tails and are in dirt. 12 seedings above the soil so far. Happy with germination = refrigeration storage system is working fine. we’ll see how well I handled the planting part come Monday or so LOL. Mortality rate is high among yung-uns so let the failing begin…Happy so far, wonder when I fuck up this run…still trying to get used to the 2x4 LED, scorched the last few, but it was bloomin hot in the spring. Gonna go with 3 week veg wanna powerup bloom room on Dec. 1 or thereabouts. I’ll take a seedling pic in the AM.

4 Likes

Just starting to smoke the outdoor plants. we will give a rundown of how each of them are for us, we have lightlysmoked some Jungle Spice, Pura Vida, and odxtitanic crosses, all quality herb so far, we are very happy with the dank as heck Jungle Spice @lefthandseeds and the Pura Vida is the uplifting happy high @nube … Again great work fellows you guys rock. Thank you for giving those to the community.

6 Likes

Id love to know what smells the Pura Vida gives off!

1 Like

Awesome. Glad you’re enjoying it! I wish I had some right now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Both pheno’s were floral fruity sweet with a slight rotting or pukey undertone. Like Shrek barfed on your apple blossoms. We have a thing for Costa Rica (Pura Vida is their Mantra) so I was bummed when I couldn’t get the original release, and very happy to see OG bring it back. It grew fast and heavy, the large one in the 25 gallon pot (Senora Floppy) yielded great. Looks to be about 1.25 lb. the plant was only 3 feet tall and 5 feet wide after pinching all summer. Def give her a go outside, she finished early October, good party weed and outdoor activities…suits a fisherman LOL.

5 Likes

If you’re in the Great White North I can send you some, for sure mate!

2 Likes

signs of life

7 Likes

A rundown of my soil mix this season 15 cu. ft. half my mix is the 8 yr. old reycled soil pile the other half is 10 bags garden soil from crappy tire 2 cu ft compressed peat moss 5 bags sheep manure a pile of perlite and then the list of goodies Acti-sol flower mix and general purpose chicken poop 10 kg worm castings Kelp, crab, shrimp, insect frass, Humic acid ore, SRC volcanic sand Azomite, Leonardite Gypsum, dolomitic lime, SRP, 4 cu ft.of home compost, batshit and seabird guano, myco charge and rootsheid. And a couple other things lying around epsom salts,bee pollen coconut sugar molasses maple syrup, whatever I can scrape up and trying to stay within organic inputs. Don’t know if I will do teas or just top dress. I may bottom water so top dress may not be happening. We’ll see, the mix will have been sitting outside aging for about 5 weeks before I use it for bloom up-potting. Hopefully the new soil will settle in properly in the cold outside before showtime…And I got the ratio’s right lol I use the most accurate method of measurement, y’know scoop here, handful there, cover the pile in dusts and shovel away!!! I do have rough guidelines based on Subcool and the Rev mixology. Been hard to source some stuff consistently in Canada over the past decade…big stores are a sea of miracle grow and health AG Canada is crazy with the pesticide regs since pot legalization. Finally getting myco products again but guano,s yeah, no… Had to use a US friend to get…Actinovate, another prohibited biological control.

3 Likes

That’s a lot of stuff! Haha. You ever checked out Coot’s soil mix? I’ve been using it for years, works great and has way fewer inputs. I can post the recipe here if you’re interested. I mixed up some of the Rev’s soil mix once; Coot’s is way cheaper.

2 Likes

Yes sir Coots’ has a few good ones BAS is another one I have studied. I didmy own tests a few years ago with a few mixes and melded them all together to my own non-rigid mix style. I ususlly do 2 runs with the mix with a little bit of re-ammending before the second plant. I almost go basic soe yearsjust manure and compost and leave out a lot of rarer stuff. I;m not that much of a stickler, for example I keep using soil re-mineralizing stuff, even though most are very poorly soluble and need a once in a decade application, so a lot of shit gets redundant when I have disposable cash. I collect handfulsof glacial sand when I’m in Banff, I get PEI red soil when we go out east, take some stuff from the forest out back… Collecting and buying inputs gets like seed buying, it pleases me more than the plants probably.

2 Likes