Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Some are open. So, from now on. Another week and it should be dropping buckets.

:green_heart::seedling:

1 Like

Thanks ! I appreciate the help.

Going to search the forum for some collection and storage methods.

I think it’s an Azad from Barefrog . I’ll have to chcheck my journal. I’ve got another Azad that’s a female and is 4-5 weeks into flower.

When they are standing, I used this bowl and shack the plant over the bowl.

Then put it thru the pollen shaker onto parchment paper.

I put it in squares of parchment paper after it dried out and put in one of these;

with one of these;

I then put it in vials and in the freezer.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

So maybe lop.of a top and then
“shack” " (shake/smack)?
Lol

2 Likes

Yes, I have done that. It depends on how much you want. I shuck mine every day for over a week.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Thanks !

Just took some photos…

Plants are doing awesome all around .

Veggers are coming along Also. Not verytall. I raised the lights. The one in the middle is a mutant N already split itself into two tops on its own!!
Flowering is AZAD - MOLOKAI - FRUITZ

vegin is mountain berry variations Chuck’D genetics and a bluebery auto

9 Likes

Your veg plants are looking superb! Gone are the sad plants of the past heh heh great job!

4 Likes

Hey!

They we’re pretty sad until I uppotted. I agree they are looking nice now.

Before you types this I was just contemplating my next move.

I found some Blue Cookies reg. train wreck f2 and some azad x gg4 reg.

Hoping to fill the tents . Will see what happens!
Germ date July 04 2022

Thanks !

5 Likes

Everything has germinated ! I was short a cup for a fourth trainwrck.

4 blue cookies.

5 azad x gg4 (thank you @Barefrog )

3 trainwr3ck (+1 waiting for cup)(
(thank you @Barefrog

I am trying a new soil prep method for my seeds. .as I have had issue in past with over wet soil/dirt

I put a 1/5 cup of soil in cup. Sprayed with spray bottle, shook the dirt around, . Filled another 1/5 with more soil and sprayed again, shook around, and continued till cup was full.

Will hope it lets these seeds start well!

4 Likes

Update July 09

Just found out my Molokai Frost flowering times are 9 weeks+ lol wondering why it wasn’t going amber.

However it is well close to 70 days. Went into flower tent early May 1-2 from what’s i can gather from my records… another 2.5 weeks …

The left is a an azad that is viciously sticky in this stage. very long hairs.

And on the far right is a a fem fruitz strain supplie freeseeds. And damn what beautifull colour and consistently sugar glaze on top fan leafs.

The veg tent has 3 chucked mountain berry genetics * one blueberry auto. And 4 seeds popped Fromm recent germs.

10 Likes

We have lift off!!

Alll except one has popped above the soil .
They are pretty mini things…but they are trying !

And I have a mutant @JoeCrowe
This one split itself into two tops! I never touched it!! Hopefully it is a female!

Then my veg tent I cleaned up a bit

FOllowed by My current flower garden .

6 Likes

That growth thingy in the middle of the U shape is funky!! I’d bet the farm on if you made a clone of that plant it would turn out normal like the rest.

2 Likes

I won’t bet on it lol for lack of experience. But I believe it’s definitely an anomaly lol

I always wanted to try topping early on but never could until 6-7 nodes atleast lol

I should tie those two down and top them lol

But no I am going to Let them compete like a monster with two heads lol

3 Likes

Day off today.
Playing photographer.

The colour contrast is astounding ! Three totally different genetics and all different colours.

The fruitz’ leafs underneath are violet / purple/pinkish . The

A up close shot of top flower on the fruitz

Then it’s in the middle Molokai frost citrus !(@Barefrog image|373x500](upload://mHZm1geZVvXB0Q9fHqjCtm1RG3q.jpeg)

FOllowed By another from barefrog - Azad

Lastly - veg tent + blueberry auto.
And my outdoors experiment - azad & a trench coat x runtz (can probably use Ann up pot)
It’s been really hot out there. I’m pretty sure the pollen sacks have busted and the plant is finished. Could use Some nutrients i think.

15 Likes

Purttty :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks; I like the colours!

Not working on yield at the moment . Slowly building some experience. And enjoying the garden still.

Exhaust fan Is getting a little loud. Can hear it from upstairs in the living room.the veg tent fan is silent but also doesn’t pull much

Don’t want to invest much more $ on equipment just yet.

My filter must not be working either because the house stinks.

4 Likes

yeah filters need replacing for me at least once every year or a bit more depending, typically once the lady starts to complain and its noticeable to me then i buy a new one.

3 Likes

lol! I’m suprised my s/o isn’t complaining lol. When she boots me out of the bed in morning I lay in the living room and it’s annoying me.

Well over a year for mine lol jan 2020 maybe ?

I’ll check out some options .

Thanks

3 Likes

The fan noise you can build a box lined with styrofoam to quiet it . Bigger the filter + fan the longer you’ll get out of it ,couple years max is all I’ve ever got.12 inch fan 10 inch inlet 4 ft tall filter . I had a 10 inch 3x2 ft 160 pound can brand filter last 5 /6 years it was a beast took 2 people to hang the frigging thing on ratchet straps.

4 Likes

That probably wont happen for me hahA I like my little ones for now. I heard you can clean them ? Or maybe just the cloths?

I like the box idea. I’ll probably stuff it in a cardboard box with insulation or towels
of some sort hahaha…

Thx man

2 Likes