Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

I won’t bet on it lol for lack of experience. But I believe it’s definitely an anomaly lol

I always wanted to try topping early on but never could until 6-7 nodes atleast lol

I should tie those two down and top them lol

But no I am going to Let them compete like a monster with two heads lol

3 Likes

Day off today.
Playing photographer.

The colour contrast is astounding ! Three totally different genetics and all different colours.

The fruitz’ leafs underneath are violet / purple/pinkish . The

A up close shot of top flower on the fruitz

Then it’s in the middle Molokai frost citrus !(@Barefrog image|373x500](upload://mHZm1geZVvXB0Q9fHqjCtm1RG3q.jpeg)

FOllowed By another from barefrog - Azad

Lastly - veg tent + blueberry auto.
And my outdoors experiment - azad & a trench coat x runtz (can probably use Ann up pot)
It’s been really hot out there. I’m pretty sure the pollen sacks have busted and the plant is finished. Could use Some nutrients i think.

15 Likes

Purttty :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks; I like the colours!

Not working on yield at the moment . Slowly building some experience. And enjoying the garden still.

Exhaust fan Is getting a little loud. Can hear it from upstairs in the living room.the veg tent fan is silent but also doesn’t pull much

Don’t want to invest much more $ on equipment just yet.

My filter must not be working either because the house stinks.

4 Likes

yeah filters need replacing for me at least once every year or a bit more depending, typically once the lady starts to complain and its noticeable to me then i buy a new one.

3 Likes

lol! I’m suprised my s/o isn’t complaining lol. When she boots me out of the bed in morning I lay in the living room and it’s annoying me.

Well over a year for mine lol jan 2020 maybe ?

I’ll check out some options .

Thanks

3 Likes

The fan noise you can build a box lined with styrofoam to quiet it . Bigger the filter + fan the longer you’ll get out of it ,couple years max is all I’ve ever got.12 inch fan 10 inch inlet 4 ft tall filter . I had a 10 inch 3x2 ft 160 pound can brand filter last 5 /6 years it was a beast took 2 people to hang the frigging thing on ratchet straps.

4 Likes

That probably wont happen for me hahA I like my little ones for now. I heard you can clean them ? Or maybe just the cloths?

I like the box idea. I’ll probably stuff it in a cardboard box with insulation or towels
of some sort hahaha…

Thx man

2 Likes

They actually manufacture ones I can lift by myself and climb up a ladder with! The days of the mega-heavy filters are over!

7 Likes

Joe noooo
Just inspected my auto blueberry

Found what looks like the start of mold or spider webs.

Centre of main Cola.
WTF

In veg tent I guess humidity is higher.

Do I trash it? WWash it? FmL

Don’t want it to spread
It’s at its chop time or well past.beeen neglecting it .

Edit. This sihitis going in the trash.
So much for growing Autos in veg tent fml I’m s stupid .

I forgot All about humidity during flower for the auto

6 Likes

Yah that’s botrytis for sure(bud mold). If you were making seeds I’d recommend sulfur to kill the mold, but you definitely have to just trash that. I always pump my veg and bloom at 45% humidity, it seems to work and keeps mold at bay. 60% I would say is the limit.

4 Likes

Okay thanks

Bin it goes.

I always thought veg liked humidity a bit so I wasn’t too concerned with it about 60 maybe 62.
Lesson learned luckily it wasn’t my entire flower tent.
Do we think the plants in the veg tent are okay I think they’d be fine as there’s no bud sites

Thx

3 Likes

Yah the humidity gets trapped in the multi layered buds. You could get penicilluim growing on some downed leaves in veg, with high humidity. I don’t think I’ve seen bud mold in veg though.

4 Likes

I really want to chop this molokai frost . Hard to tell if amber but it’s fully frosted and leaves depleted of nutes. I think it’s time. Will be chopping this weekend. Can’t wait any longer .

Everything is looking good in tent !!
Orange leaf is molokai
Will get a better photo …

9 Likes

kkk

14 Likes

Molokai frost 8.5 > weeks

Drying now

Chopped

Super humid heat wave otg…gonna be tough to dry. Got a dehumidifier and fan otg
Super lazy trim.

8 Likes

Veg garden

@JoeCrowe mutant / self topped plant growing well . Not sure if male or female yet. Up.potted it just incase Maybe female.

Need to do some pruning

7 Likes

Usually it’s good news when it takes a long time to sex! Often happens by the 7th node.

2 Likes

Molokai frost is dried… we had a heat wave and 35 humidex.

Had fan on full time first 4 days…then circulating…7 day dry.

Bit quicker than I would have liked

Going to jar it and get a read on humidity.

Next up in the dry tent is going to be this flower from @freeseeds.ca called FruitZ. Feminized.

Haven’t chopped it yet but it’s definitely time…I would.say over 9 weeks. Will confirm anyway

The following one on chopping block is this an AZAD I am fairly certain. Gardens been on the back burner.

11 Likes

I usually bag that shit up by day 4-7 depending on atmospheric humidity. As long as it doesn’t smell like hay anymore, it’s good to go into sacks or other containers.

2 Likes