Can I transition seedlings started under 12/12 to 18/6? 🤔

So I started some seeds under 12/12 and then some circumstances changed… Can I transition these to 18/6 by adding 30 minutes of light a day for the next 12 days?

Or are they stuck on 12/12?

I think they are like 7 days from sprout but can’t remember…

7 Likes

I’m far from being an expert but I don’t see why you couldn’t

5 Likes

This early in the game you’re good

5 Likes

I think you totally can. There shouldn’t be anything wrong with that.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds @Blowingupjake @Deadinside88

You guys think my idea of adding 30 minutes of light a day is a good idea, or overkill?

5 Likes

I’d probably step it up faster than that. My uneducated thought is that it’s probably not actually flowering yet, due to not being a mature enough plant. So I’d want to get it into a veg cycle a little quicker. Maybe bump it up to 14-15 hours and then step it up more incrementally if you’re concerned about it?

5 Likes

You’re probably right, maybe I’ll try adding an hour a day. I don’t wanna stress them out is the thing.

They are doing OK but a couple already look a little wonky…

I noticed they were really stretching until I put the light at double the normal intensity and I think they are still stretching due to the short day period…

So maybe I should start giving them more light hiurs sooner than later👍

1 Like

I’ve got 12 to 18 in one change with no ill effects.

8 Likes

If it were me, I’d just drop em back into veg.
They have so little hormone circulating right now I bet they wouldn’t really skip a beat.

8 Likes

I would change them now faster then an hour a day. They are young and should be able to take it. May look a little weary in the beginning, but should be fine. Just my thoughts.

3 Likes

I agree, just change the lights in one go. They are too young to produce flowering hormones, so it shouldn’t cause any stress like Jake said.

10 Likes

You can flip them back to a veg state without adding hours over time. It won’t hurt them at all.

3 Likes

Like everyone else said you should just be able to switch them back to veg lighting, anytime ive gone and switched to or from flower i just do it have never gradually adjusted it. But thats me im still kinda new to growing in my opinion (just over 2 years on my own). They might slow for a minute but shouldn’t be enough to make a difference.

2 Likes