Can someone tell me if this is a baby mantis

ill get a pic its a lil brown mantis on my indoor drown he kinda brown an looks to have the arms of a mantis an if im correct this is a beneficial insect to have on your plants correct

1 Like

Without a picture bro, it’s impossible to help, but mantises are pretty unique, does it look like its’ praying??? LOL

1 Like

its like super small but yea it does i said to my fiance look i think thats a baby mantis i will get a pic i was more asking if they are beneficial to have on my plants like they aint gonna be eating my actual plant just the insects on them

1 Like

prolly the size of a grain of rice maybe a lil smaller than a grain

1 Like

I hate to just say that any insect is great for the garden. In my opinion they are, but i also know that powdery mildew, spider mites, and other nasty things travel on flying and crawling insects. I think the benefits are better than the drawbacks. If i was running a sterile environment i would kill them. If i was running a no-till or supersoil where i was trying to get the whole circle of life thing going then beneficial insects would be a blessing.

1 Like

So everyone, get one of this… And shower before tending to your plants. LOL

It looks badass…

4 Likes

yea i think ill move him outside is all ill kill everything else

FWIW, that is exactly what grow room workers are wearing in the large legal ops in California, Colorado and Canada. Here’s Soul at Tweed last year:

-b420

4 Likes

I ordered two, they are cheap but apparently not very sturdy. At $6/each, rather than having to run around like crazy trying to solve pests problems. Nothing like prevention

2 Likes

Good tip… Can you suggest what filters they are using on air intakes into the house to have grow rooms sealed? Thx

1 Like

Well they are growing in dedicated warehouses and greenhouses not homes so they have dedicated ventilation systems with HEPA filters. If you are looking for a home solution, you can find HEPA filter cloth around to build an intake filter (vacuum bags, etc.), or use these non-HEPA intake covers. I’m not sure that most home grows need HEPA-level filtering, mainly you want to keep the bugs out and a lot of non-HEPA filters can handle that task.

-b420

3 Likes