Canadian Cannabis Act / ACMPR license Q and A

This is confusing, your 4410 grams should be the maximum amount you can carry in public places on your person. It should equate to a 30 day supply of your prescription, so if you went on vacation you can take your meds with you. For some reason yours should be 600g not 4410.

You can store in your property any amount of weed you like.

What you have to be careful about is having a large plant count with multiple lights creating a very large power bill and being on a disability pension, or an income that shows you can’t afford that power bill, unless you are selling weed or something else to create a secondary cash income, and not declaring it to the Taxman.

7 Likes

As far as I understand it from the govnt printout it says:
Dear so and so,
you can grow weed according to the limits stated below and be prepared to show this document to law enforcement upon request.
posession limit: 150grams dried.
production: Personal
area: Indoors
max indoor plants: 98

Ok then it has a little pamphlet in there. It claims the following: I can’t share or provide it to anyone else. I have to obey plant limits and posession limit. I am expected to comply with all local government regulations around weed.
ALSO I have to read the following:
Weed must be secure, no kids dipping into the stash. Make sure nobody knows you grow weed…LOL. Make sure you don’t mold your house out and don’t make dangerous building or electrical modifications. Store the weed in a locked area. Don’t use pesticides. Never use organic solvents. You will die if you use organic solvents. Mix your extra weed with kitty litter and toss it in the garbage - nobody will want to smoke that shit.
I just changed the wording to make it more humorous - but it’s all there. Then it tells you to read the cannabis act. Shit what am I? Some kind of reading champion? :wink:

6 Likes

Huh, that’s interesting. I’m still waiting on my papers the numbers I quoted were what was listed at licensetogrow.ca. I guess I’ll see when my papers come from Health Canada.

I’m not worried about the power thing, it’s not going to be an issue for me. I may be getting licensed for a 100 plants but I’m not about to build a big forest inside. I’m a renter so even though I’m going to be legal I’m still keeping things stealthy enough. I grow in cabinets, they all lock, and if my landlord has to visit I can push stacks of storage around in the garage to block em off with a pile of “garage mess” that is actually on rolling casters for exactly this purpose! Turn the fans down, turn the dust extractor up on the workshop side and it’s all good, nobody would even know it’s there. I run LED and I’m all about efficiency, so even when I get my other cabinets humming I’ll be pulling about 1000w total during lights on. I work full time and I pay my taxes so they’ve got nothing to come sniffing at me for.

6 Likes

Well you’d better watch out since you’ve gone and shattered the grand illusion right here! Why doesn’t The Man want you to process your excess weed with organic solvents for long term storage? Because it’s all a conspiracy maaaaaaaaan, the secret government is turning it all into cat litter to make a kickback on YOUR hard work!! See! It’s so obvious!

WAAAAAAAKE UP SHEEEEEEEPLE! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

careful, you’ll be subject to poe’s law! You should have written wake up sheeple in green.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Wake_up
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Green_ink
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe’s_Law

3 Likes

I feel like an unreasonable amount of totally straight headlines these days are subject to Poe’s law.

It’s like we’re honestly living in a South Park episode every day now… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Laughs… sighs… reaches for bong…)

3 Likes

south park is a satire of real life, that’s what makes it so funny. It’s art imitating life… classic.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen enough examples written statements being interpreted in ways not intended (my interpretation! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

OK, the “Green Ink” reference was a new one for me (can we change text colour of our text here?) :+1: :joy:
I try to use the emojis to cover for Poe’s Law.

In my experience… sheeple don’t grow dope! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!11111ONEONEONE

I had to try it, you can't blame me.
3 Likes

I also used licensetogrow.ca…very easy…was 150$ for a 49 plant count. I think Tony said they’re giving a discount due to covid. My 25 plant license is up in November, so got my 49 license in the mail already…3 months should be more than enough time for a renewal. I dont sell my weed, I give it to my buddies…it just so happens that they owe me money for a previous debt…lol

11 Likes

I used tony as well for my renewal. Took a week shy of 6 months to get it though. Not his fault obviously as I mailed it in. I went with 25 plants plus my 4 rec. More than enough

4 Likes

Good luck with 3 months for a renewal,not saying it won’t happen.I’ve renewed multiple times and this year it took 4 months🙄 last year was 3

5 Likes

My original application went through in 2 months…this is just a renewal, so I imagine it’ll be faster.

6 Likes

Hah! You sucker, that’s just what the mind controlling nanobots I put in your weed WANTED you to think! Soon all stoners everywhere will be my slaves, and then my totally plausible and not at all overcomplicated plan for world domination will be complete!!! :smiling_imp:

Which surprisingly, turns out I don’t need a government license for… mind controlling nanobots that is. Totally unregulated. Suck on that irony.

4 Likes

Initially I thought a doctor would write a prescription for weed, but it wasn’t true. They are sticklers. I found private doctors that would do it but the government rejected the application. It’s way easier to get it nowadays, but you have to pay someone. It took 5 months for the application to get back from covid this year so they extended it by 5 months.
I found the change to legal weed was extremely painful as the majority of my life is now outlawed. That’s what you got for being part of the scene before it went legal. The new regulations are particularly draconian. To enter the legal scene now is worth 50,000$ buy-in plus your decked-out facility already built and a membership in CTLS. Or a bond or some shit, worth 50K, been a while since I was there on the system. What they definitely don’t want? Some turd growing 60,000$ worth of hash in the garage.

3 Likes

NO HASH MAKING TURDS!
Ad5Q(2)

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. I actually love SouthPark, always have. Deeply insightful social criticism wrapped in a light veneer of turds. It always amazes me how many people only see the turds.

6 Likes

LOL You definitely know how to turn a phrase!!

the brain

…Terribly clever disguising those nanobots as fungus gnats! :laughing: :call_me_hand:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

The fungus gnat look was a smart upgrade from my evil r&d department. First generation looked like spider mites and people kept freaking out… marketing really crapped the bed on that roll out. :man_facepalming:

But hey, good minions are hard to find. Villainy is a cutthroat industry.

4 Likes

Yes it should be processed quicker…but don’t bet on it :man_shrugging: i’ve renewed multiple times

4 Likes

Bah…and friggin covid’s not gonna help anything.

5 Likes