Canadian Cannabis Act / ACMPR license Q and A

My renewal last year took 6 weeks, this year’s took 6 months.

6 Likes

According to the regs I’m not allowed to invite my friends over for a huge hash session where we inhale mass quantities of vapor then watch movies. They can’t come over and trim my weed for a handful. I don’t understand why the medicinal growing has such restrictions where the “recreational” market doesn’t have stupid rules like “no fucking fun whatsoever”. Right, so if I have 4 plants I am growing for “recreation” I can get my friends over for a trim job and give them weed. Same with the big hash session, that’s right on. So riddle me this? Why is fun cancelled by a printout for medical weed. Even if it’s a family member I gotta be like sorry this is my stash you greasy fuck…unless it’s recreational…LOL

6 Likes

What a load of shit, eh…I’ve had buddies, co-workers, family members all come over and help chop (not at the same time). For people who have never seen a mature plant in a pot or done any kind of harvesting, it’s quite an experience for them. I would hate to keep that all to myself…would rather share the experience and fun with someone who would appreciate it.
And the smiles they give when they get a phat nug of the plant they just harvested…ugh…worth its weight in gold.

9 Likes

Because your weed is prescription medicine, you are not allowed to share any prescription medications, unless a doctor has prescribed it to you :wink:

It’s laughable I know. It’s the same with your prescribed amount, I am prescribed 4.5 grams a day, every time I get a renewal done I ask them to up it a couple of grams, so I can have more plants, the last time the doc said, I am upping it from 4 to 4.5g even though you say you’re using 6g a day, as the doc felt that was enough.

I said, legally I can use as much as I want, there are no restrictions on how much I can legally bye and use, she said that’s correct, this controlles how much you can legally grow, and I know as a medical cannabis user, and grower myself, you can grow and use far more than that with 23 medical plants and 4 recreational, if you want.

She also said, the Canadian medical association is responsible for your health, and they still have concerns over cannabis being used long term as a medicine with uncontrolled useage, as no reliable information is available on its long term effects yet.

That’s why you have to fill out several questionnaires before you come for your yearly appointment, so we can collect data on how it helps you and the side effects it produces, and whether it is a viable long term treatment for your problems, or whether something else may be appropriate…

Reading between the lines of our conversation, I think she was implying the pharmaceutical industry is constantly pressuring Health Canada to get it removed as a treatment, as unfair competition, because it doesn’t have to have clinical trials like pharmaceutical drugs, and they have the ability to influence Health Canada decisions with their unlimited money.

Also the LPs are losing a shit load of money and are probably doing the same thing, pushing for them to supply medical cannabis and not letting us grow our own.

I think we may see in the future more restrictive legislation regarding ACMPR home grows especially if the Conservatives get back in power. Their buddies are not making enough money and the gov is losing a lot of tax money.

7 Likes

blah, it was “illegal” under harper but the medical scene was pumping and you could grow your own as long as it was under 6 plants. Now that it’s “legal” you can only grow 4 plants and all dispensaries are shut down for good. So…how did it all go wrong? Enter the pepper spraying/profiling cop, bill blair, he is in charge of the cannabis rules under “public safety”. See as a medical producer you can’t test positive for pesticides or heavy metals. But as a legal producer you are allowed to have residue. It’s like…they took everything good about it and made it shitty. So then you go into the store to buy some super weed, but instead you get flavourless machined buds where you can’t pick out a single trichome. Oh… and they wonder why I want to grow my own? You think I am stupid enough to pay some dipshit 80$ to make a gram of substandard hash for me? Over my dead body!
So much pain in the world today
Too many turds are headin’ my way
But we can face the turds together
Passing by turds whenever
Life so full of happiness
Feel free to mark my words
But me and you, we’ll muddle through
In a world that’s full of turds

7 Likes

Big Pharma was one of the huge winners when cannabis was banned.
I’ve seen estimates (guesstimates) that medical cannabis could replace 20 ~ 30% of their current drug portfolios (and I’ll bet their own secret estimates are scaring them).

You are right, if left to their own devices they will ‘tweak and fiddle’ the legislation so eventually only their fat rich buddies are growing for the rest of us.
Fuk dat noise… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I’m not convinced that the prohibition of cannabis was some kind of conspiracy. Here in canada there’s some kind of racist crap book they blame…uhhh something about black candles…or…hmmm yah “the black candle - emily murphy/janey canuck” where cannabis was blamed for everything wrong with society. I think we outlawed it before the USA based on the racist ramblings of a madwoman.

2 Likes

Oh man I think you’re right… I really don’t want to google it and know for sure right now though. In fairness though the banning of it in America was absolutely every bit as racist, and lots of people had no idea marihuana was hemp until afterwards. Also why does the government use that spelling? In all the forms? Mari-hu-ana. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

4 Likes

This was my litmus test to see if someone was doing a “study” or “report” or whatever on cannabis. If they called it anything other than cannabis - they are full of shit. In fact, if they referred to it with racist terminology, they are especially ignorant. Thus, the government is especially ignorant when it comes to cannabis, and also full of shit. It really rankles my ass that it’s called “Cannabis for Medical Purposes Registration” then say you are allowed to grow “marihuana” plants which I find to be highly offensive! Then, to top it all off, they spout off in the instructions with phrases like “marijuana plants”. How offensive can they make that shit? oh I have way more complaints to lodge. I should start writing my screed in Green Ink then ship it to Health Canada.

4 Likes

This. All of it. Every single part so VERY much. The entire application document was clearly written by someone who is entirely ignorant of both cannabis and any basic standards of technical writing. Using a technical term for something? Ok, how about use the correct term, use only that term, not three different ones, two of which are variant spellings of racist bullshit. It doesn’t even seem like it was ever proofread! I wrote better technical documents on obscure networking protocols when I was a very stoned teenager.

Edited: Because, embarrassingly I forgot to proofread it and it had typos! :laughing: But hey, I caught em right away, I fixed em, and I’m halfway through a beer and a huuuge hash spliff after a very stressful day. I managed to edit my shit and nobody cut me a fat government pay cheque!

5 Likes

Lemme try something

ahem err back to your regularly scheduled programming.

1 Like

My favourite thing about the ACMPR :smiley::smiley:

5 Likes

Yeah it’s like it only becomes cannabis once it’s removed from the marijuana plant.

3 Likes

Sooo. You are thinking auto turrets, right? :thinking:

'cause that was my first thought when I read that!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl: :call_me_hand:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Hahaha proximity mines actually. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

That’s badass. Is it for ambulance people or whatever in case of emergency? Or just to remind yourself like the movie memento? ‘Dont believe Teddys lies, and dont eat an entire box of oreos’ lol

@Ginger_Rick if you’re renting you’re technically supposed to get the property owners signature on the application authorizing you to grow there. Tbh it would probably nullify the license if anything went down…not trying to be a stickler, just FYI that could be an issue.

2 Likes

oh definitely for anyone who finds me unconscious on the ground, they’ll be “hey… I think this dude has the diabetes”. Not that I’ve had to rely on it yet because usually people who know me are calling the ambulance. Also…with this change in the medication, I think there’s a much better probability of survival. Haven’t had to call the ambulance in almost 20 years. I told the tattoo artist I wanted the thing visible from the space station.

3 Likes

It’s definitely legible! Although the forehead might have been a more visible location :thinking:

2 Likes

One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
I have a hard time forgetting this one

3 Likes

Yeah I checked about that, and as a medical licence holder producing in my primary residence I am not required to notify my landlord to get licensed. Under BC recreational standards a rental lease needs to specifically exclude cannabis growing in print if it is a lease signed after legalization. If they don’t specifically say that you can’t then you are fine for your 4 recreational plants.

But that’s tenancy board stuff. If your lease did exclude growing and your landlord caught you he could serve you an eviction notice but he can’t call the cops on you. You are only breaking the lease, not the law, and it would be settled through the Residential Tennancy Act. I’m quite familiar with it, done battle there before and prevailed, though not on the cannabis front, shady demoviction shit.

The licence application only requires the property owners signature if you are applying to be a designated producer for someone. Legally, from a human rights perspective, I have the right to care for my own health in my own home. It’s my primary residence, legally it’s my home.

So let’s say my landlord did find out. First off that is hugely improbable in my case, he doesn’t live nearby and I grow in cabinets with locks on them. He has zero legal ability to force me to open my furniture and show off my personal possessions in an inspection. Why is that cabinet locked? Oh that, it’s my wife’s collection of vintage sex toys and frankly none of your business sir. I can turn my fans down, bomb an air freshener, turn on my washing machine and leave a jar of government weed on the table. Honestly the only reason I would ever buy government weed! :laughing:

At that point what does he have? Some suspicions? Well that sure as hell isn’t admissible evidence, and it sure wouldn’t be enough to evict me. But let’s say he just strolls in while I’m trimming one afternoon well I’m still not breaking the law. He could call the cops but they would see my license and bail out, tell him to take it up with the tennancy board. So maybe he does try to evict me, over my personal medical needs? Well you’d better believe I’ll be going straight to the human rights tribunal with that one.

I’m a reasonable guy, I do things safe and efficiently, I don’t burn up a zillion watts and stink out the neighbour’s. I don’t expect it to ever be an issue, the med license is to be right with the cops. If I am somehow in violation of my lease agreement then that is still no basis to deprive me of me legally recognized human right to care for my health.

If this ever managed to go that way, well, you’d all be learning me real name pretty quick, cuz I’d be challenging it all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada. That’s half the reason I dont think they are keen to flex on med growers over technicalities. We’re an uppity bunch, and if you know anything about the history of Cannabis freedom in Canada you know how much it has changed again and again because uppity fuckers took it all the way. I’m definitely the type to do that shit. :fist:

9 Likes