How many Plants are so allowed in US ? Trying to figure out wich amount of restriction leads to USAs diversity

How many Plants are so allowed in US ?
Im trying to figure out wich amount of restriction leads to USAs diversity of Genetics. I mean its flourishing for you obviously…

Germany plans decriminalisation, Europe always looks heavily on what Germany does.

They plan 3 Plants in flower per Homegrower allowed per Year.
Clubs are allowed, but oly Plants out a Strain-catalogue will be allowed.
How this Straincatalogue will be made i dont know…
Sentences for overstepping the limits, and overall Sentences are reduced form max 5 years to max 3 Years-

Anyway its a Draft, and im wondering, dunno, how does it feel for someone who wants to breed in US… Dont anwser if it feels to risky.

4 Likes

Germanys healthminister arguments with : the decriminalisation trough Clubs will lead to more control in preventing addiction. The legal Clubs will lower black market, hence a 18 Age restiction is fruitful.

Thats where his Idea of a Straincatalogue is coming from. i guess he wants to just allow softer strains…
(wich is what i personally dislike, since i smoke high thc, low cbd strains only… im shure they are aware of the THC-CBD ratios, they discussed it some times, and its supposed link to sychosis… so i see black for the sativa stuff…)

1 Like

The number of plants allowed to home growers differs from state to state though I think the average is 4-6 plants. Though I’m sure many growers just outright ignore the limits because really, who’s enforcing this shit? Police have better things to do than waste time with Farmer Joe.

7 Likes

On a scale from 1 to 10, how do people feel in therms of savety , punishment when pushing the limits a bit, lol

5?

1 Like

I’ve known a couple growers that have been growing legally for years and never even had a run in with the law. Unless some petty asshole rats you out and you’re over the legal limit by a lot then cops couldn’t care less. I would rate it around 0 or 1 in a legal state.

1 Like

i hate the restrictions measured by Plantcount and not squarefeet… it disables any breeding /or preservation of Key genetics such as buildingblocks…like Blueberry or whatever, Landrace…

As a Preservationist, who runns 100s instead of 3 allowed ones, (i personally only run a couple plants, not 100 in illegal times if even…) , it might end pretty sad if getting caught even the amount of Plantmatter is super low…

So, i guess that problem stays and if they catch one with 100 tiny tiny plants, then bye bye.
Nice the police seems to care alot less now!

1 Like

Just don’t give anyone a reason to think you even grow, don’t sell(this should go without saying) don’t tell and hide the smell and you should never get a visit from the authorities. But you do what you feel is comfortable.

1 Like

Got to be careful shure !

Im thinking over writing the Politics about the Strain-Catalogue idea. Im pretty concerned its an overregulation wich will lead to people getting Weed from Homegrowers/illegal rest-market.
I was pretty confused reading about that in the Draft…!
Hard to imagine if they will allow very special strains that way, or just some with high cbd content only… Sativas all remain illegall probably,

So im happy to hear that the atmosphere changed overall, and those powerful Sativas can eventually come a bit more to light, despite they remain probably illegal if Straincatalogue comes…
Our healthminister is a bit , shall i say wild, haha Straincatalogue… very bold idea. even tho i understand the thinkingprocess slightly, he wants to prevent psychosis form highly potent stuff.

1 Like

While ultra-low THC hemp is legal to grow at the federal level, THC bearing cannabis is still illegal at the federal level. Massachusetts allows an adult (21+) six plants, and up to twelve per household if there’s more than one adult. That’s the most I’ve seen. My understanding is federal charges are a possibility if there are more than 100 plants. How often does that happen? Probably not very often.

4 Likes

for clearification, the healthminister is about to leglize Marihuana in certain boundaries. We arent talking about 1 percent THC Hemp strains, we talk of Marihuana…
He planns from 18 to 21 Years maximally 10 percent THC are allowed, from 21 Years on there still remains the said Straincatalogue of Marihuana Strains . Wich probably wont include 34 percent cupwinners, but neither will be just CBD HEmp shit…

So there’s a catalogue of strains that can legally be grown/distributed?

1 Like

Yes indeed :crazy_face:, only those Strains from the Catalogue will be allowed to be grown in the upcoming Clubs, and also Homegrow. the others remain illegal (they take Cannbis out the Drug-register somehow, and such, but things still remain between irregularity to even jail sentences)
One big problem i see for us Germans , is that if we want to exchange genetics, and we mention “oh i got a superskunk” on a Forum without superskunk beeing in the Catalogue, that soley trought that we could get into troubles…

Who knows probably it isnt enough evidence for police to…
If i think about it, right now i also go onto forums and showed a plant (without mentioning if i live in a legal or illegal state tho) , i showed a plant, and still it takes quiet something for it to cause problems…

Some thoughts:

What are the penalties? If it’s like a speeding ticket, who cares.

I imagine being 100 plants over the limit might be a big deal.

Regarding strains. Buy a strain from them one time, just for the tax stamp, and then grow whatever you want.

Not that I would do these things.

3 Likes

im pretty shure i read 3 years max./ or bills for overstepping the plantcount at home, or in the club.

So, if you get caught, not super funny… haha

1 Like

Only you can decide what level of risk you are comfortable with.

I would make sure that you know all the rules and what the penalties are. Consult a lawyer to be sure just how many rules you are breaking, maybe.

If 9 plants is a ticket but 10 plants is jail…again, your decision.

I know guys who don’t care one bit and do whatever they like.
I know guys who bend the rules a little.
I know guys who strictly follow the rules.

In ontario anyway it’s fairly easy to get a permit for a large number of plants so there are ways around it. Can’t say how it will be for you.

2 Likes

only a clubmember has if i rember correctly no limitations on plantcount. BUT the weed grown there must be for own consumtions /or other clubmembers… seedmaking is also allowed.
BUT here is the probelm: the clubs will be get unnanounced controllsChecks, and every plant needs to be documented, AND only the certified catalogue Strains will be allowed to choose from.

So, there is not much possibility to grow an unallowed strain in the club because of these clearly mentioned Checks…
So, only plausible way is to grow my own unallowed strain at home, where there is a plantlimit of 3 FLOWERING plants per year. (vegetative cycle is unlimited plants allowed)…

I know its hard to tell from a distance , also for me here how hard the life will remain for non-catalogued strains…

You know me, im mostly concerned about all those thousands of Buildingblock Strains that need preservation…im concerned about genetic erosion… it doesent look super good, neither super bad…
actually 10, 20 plants at the time should be enough to keep alive some old Genetics, so… it should be roundbout acceptable …
but not as easy as “you guys” have it… you can build a Company and grow your own Strain, and sell the seeds legally… (after all the bureaucracy).
For us they will allow the Clubs to sell the seeds, only they are allowed to sell seeds… Catalogue-seeds…

3 Likes

I’m sorry I can’t answer any more of your questions because I smoked some non-government approved weed and am in a psychosis.

Seriously though, I imagine, when it was completely illegal, you did whatever you wanted. So now, that it’s slightly less illegal, does that really change much except for lower penalties? I’d say not.

I think we’d all agree these rules are stupid but it’s really a simple cost benefit analysis -

If paying for parking costs $5 but a ticket is $35 then I need to get away with it 7 times to come out ahead. There are house to house business, like landscapers, that never pay for parking and get the occasional ticket but still come out ahead.

“You are only allowed silver haze not SUPER silver haze!” That’s a funny joke.

3 Likes

I can put a tag on a plant proclaiming it whatever I want. I truly doubt they are going to go through the cost to find out what each plants lineage is.
The way to beat plant counts are to grow large plants and get a good harvest off each plant.
There is always a way to skirt rules…….

1 Like

my 25 weeker Thaistick grow like bamboo, easy to differenciate.
My vietblack is one of the few black colored strains… with a rare pigment only found in a small region in vietnam.
My turkish landrace is one of the few strains that smells like perfume

keeping genetics healthy requires big plantcount …

hahaha sh_t

4 Likes

It doesn’t sound like there’s a scenario where having the plants you want to/need to have is going to be legal in Germany.

1 Like