Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

They’re getting $300 per pound wholesale in NYS? For THC bearing flower?

4 Likes

Sounds about right, considering that dispensaries are charging $50 an eighth… :roll_eyes: That’s only $6400 a pound, and with 50% going to taxes and bribes along every step of the way it obviously doesn’t go very far.

8 Likes

I knew this would happen…Big companies ruined Colombia with imports.

Now got their sights set on Jamacia….fucking ridiculous indigenous farmers in all countries should benefit from growing… not just big Pharma.

Sometimes I think Be better if weed was never made legal …I hope the Rastas give them short thrift.

Regards

P J

9 Likes

Good point, I thoughtlessly forgot about other people in the foodchain.

2 Likes
3 Likes

You know someone is doing something wrong when legalization causes as many or more problems than prohibition. The issue is the federal government. Every day cannabis remains on the Schedule 1 list, the problem compounds. At least Republicans are trying to reform cannabis laws, or at least trying to sound like they are.

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Pulled from the piece below.

Ironically, this system functions better than most regulated cannabis markets because, other than the gifting gimmick, weed is treated pretty much like any other good that consumers can just walk into a store and buy.

3 Likes

I feel for the people who are losing their livelihoods, but I don’t agree with the author on that point… I can’t think of anything else where I’d buy a $60 sticker and be gifted… some consumer product… in return.

But in the end, the government wants a piece of the action (a piece of its choosing).

6 Likes
6 Likes

Obviously one never knows, but the scenario they’re proposing seems a bit far-fetched… the perfect case, plus Thomas being consistent, plus liberal justices looking to make a major move?

4 Likes
7 Likes

I believe in you Oklahoma! You can do it!

tenor

8 Likes

Wow… fiasco is the word that comes to mind.

Inept politicians, go figure.

4 Likes

Wow, who knew this type of legalization done so poorly would have such an effect?
I tried to tell folks back in 2013 not to take the first deal on the table.
They all called me every name you could think of, said I was a criminal, and that I wanted to stop the current form of legalization because I was a greedy drug dealer.

Where are these folks now?

The thing that gets me going is…
Why are folks in other states still taking the first deal offered?
Why not hold out for the right form of legalization?

Legalization is not about the cannabis or the people, it is all about the money. :money_mouth_face:
What is wrong with a form of legalization that is for the people and by the people?

It is clear and simple to me, why is this so hard to comprehend?
I have said this as loud as I can on every cannabis site I could…we just handed cannabis over to the greedy corrupt politicians of the world, and we as a people let it happen, I feel we really dropped the ball, one thing is for sure Corporate cannabis is not the answer.

I think we can all see this as truth now. :pensive:

8 Likes

These folks only see the dollar signs, this is not about cannabis or the people.
Oklahoma could generate $821 million in tax revenue

These greedy fucks will screw up legalization once again. :frowning_face:
Why is legalization for the people and by the people such a hard thing to do?

Oh yea, all that cash flow seems to fuck things up.
Maybe it is time we had some form of legalization that is not centered around money.
What a concept right?

I know I must be crazy… :rofl:

4 Likes