Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Did ya’ll see that @tamimes was able to bring a virus infected crop to full harvest with very little or no loss in yield and potency?

I found it very interesting to say the least.

3 Likes

The state has created the “problem.” Back when decriminalization was first being taken seriously, a team from the state and county came to our little town and made legalization sound like a great thing for everybody. I told them, in Washington already legal, the black market was the alternative to over regulation, taxes and fees, leaving farmers no choice but to go illegal and if governments did the same here, the black market will continue. They poo-poohed the idea because they were on fire with dollars filling their coffers and blind to the reality. Money tends to do that to people. If governments really want to stop the black market, recend most of their taxes and regulations so a farmer with 50 plants could make at least something for their work. But they don’t want to lose their cash cow, so on it goes.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Roe v Wade v THC

Women control their bodies except when I say so. Horseshit.

2 Likes

Meh, it’s an opinion piece. It does make a few valid points, but it breezes past others (e.g. the bioethics of a controlled study).

Child protection cases are overwhelmingly brought against poor people, and people of color. No argument there.

I did some work in that realm for a bit… it was all opiates. Still, there were times when I wondered about the longterm trauma caused by removal.

3 Likes

Here is the pic he posted.

4 Likes

They might be my beans, I will have to ask him. He puts them right into 12/12 from germination. So I did a round of the Wreckage Master Bastard 12/12 they sure don’t look as nice as his. I only had 1 hermie on me out of 40 plants. They seemed to be able to handle the smaller pots and the stress ok. Looking forward to starting the “Wreckage Master Bastard” friendly competition this fall. I will probably be looking for a little help in getting it going, since my I.T. skills are lacking. I am sure we will get some donors of some fire beans as a package to the winners.

10 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I will be looking forward to that bro. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Las Vegas, Las Vegas Strip Have a Surprising Pot Problem

Yes, Las Vegas has legal recreational cannabis consumption, but that’s not the only law involved, and that’s where it gets confusing.

https://www.thestreet.com/travel/las-vegas-las-vegas-strip-face-a-cannabis-problem?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=TheStreet%2Fmagazine%2FInvesting

3 Likes
4 Likes

No teeth my ass, the teeth are large enough to eat the poor for breakfast but too short to eat the rich.
they are doing illegal shit but they will give them more licences.
I get sick of the capitla cronyism.
Yea, it is the same old story…

10 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Was about to post the NJ one, I seem to be a day late and a dollar short though. :frowning: Probably because I don’t have the money and power to defend my money and power…

“Unfortunately, I think what they’re going to take away from this is that if you have the money and the power to get money and power, you’re going to keep money and power,” he said.

It’s so inconvenient when people can easily see the truth, isn’t it?

7 Likes

And this,

testing may well be the death knell for some smaller brands which can’t absorb both the costs of testing…

Is perhaps the whole point.

5 Likes
6 Likes