Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

I work for persons with other abilities every day, and this is just amazing for some of the unintentional self-harm that can come with severe Autism. Choked me up a bitch to watch the instant transformation.

F-Texas laws.

9 Likes
7 Likes

This would only be a problem if the cannabis was contaminated. But keep in mind cannabis is a powerful bio-accumulator of heavy metals in the air and soil.

In my opinion, this just goes to show that people should take precautions against environmental contamination, and medical / recreational markets should require testing for heavy metals and other industrial byproducts. In oregon they test cannabis for environmental contaminants found in water and soil at superfund cleanup sites in this state.

6 Likes

4 Likes

THIS RIGHT HERE

This is where NJ revealed their true selfs. Pfizer has LOTS of facilities here. And last week NJ fucked us with their application program, including a TON of last minute requirements that us little guys would struggle to meet but Pfizer would have a legal team to create what the state wants in a day, if they didn’t already have them (lots of SOPs).

I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, but 12/10 - 12/15 that all came crashing down and I see NJs true colors.

GRRRR It PISSES ME OFF
 Like the fatcat pharma companies need to make even more money, and the general population is merely getting crumbs

NJ FUCKED us
 Plain and simple. “Social equity” only works for BIG PHARMA, not the actual people who deserve / need it. Funny, that article was published 12/15, and that just happened to be the date applications would be open. Don’t even get me started on that clusterfuck.

Micro cultivators had NO limits on # of licenses as of the 10/15 meeting of the NJCRC. Suddenly, FIVE days before application period opens on 12/10, “Only 37 cultivators licenses will be issued” Including Class I thru V, AND Micro (micro wasn’t supposed to be limited).

The state will adjust that cap Feb 22, 2023. Gee, ANOTHER year wait for me? Thanks NJ! No wonder people leave this state at such an alarming rate, its run by a bunch of bureaucratic asswipes!

Edit. PS that article SUCKS too. “Except most, if not all, of those minority license winners were white women.” UHM, NOBODY has won yet. MOST of us have STILL not received verification emails to even BEGIN the application process!!! But the way its leaning, big pharma will get those first 37 licenses. not the “social equity” they described at the meeting on 10/15 which I was there for. GRRR

“In the following days, applicants of color would go on to claim that they had not received accurate points for being “minority” applicants in the scoring and award process.”

In the following days NOT A GOD DAMN THING HAPPENED. The applications couldn’t be filed until 12/15 and we didn’t even have that date back then! The biggest issue then, and still now, “Minority owned businesses” get that status from the previous THREE years of tax returns for that business. WELL, with a BRAND new business, how do you prove its minority owned? (I am Hispanic, and I damn well for sure will use the minority status!). But, with a new business, how do you qualify for minority owned status without being in business 3 years? This state is just a clusterfuck of idiots running the show

/rant off now

11 Likes

From below;

“It’s clear that the current tax construct is presenting unintended but serious challenges."

Are theses consequences really unintentional?
Makes me wonder

7 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes

Sorry about this man! Good job trying to start a “legal” business. 37 licenses for 9 million people is obviously bullshit, there should be 5,000 licenses

7 Likes
6 Likes

Pulling out the weeds: Oklahoma farmers raise concerns with rural marijuana grows

https://www.enidnews.com/news/pulling-out-the-weeds-oklahoma-farmers-raise-concerns-with-rural-marijuana-grows/article_dd0dc8ca-6060-11ec-8616-7ba41f564daa.html

2 Likes

frightening milestone - Saudi Arabia is now more tolerant of electronic music festivals than the USA!

4 Likes

ouch
there goes 3 tons of Moroccan hash - what a ludicrous policy, criminalizing the nation’s core agricultural product:

Police Foil International Drug Trafficking Operation, Seize 3 Tons of Cannabis Resin near Taroudant

4 Likes

Curaleaf Likely to Face Wrongful Death Lawsuit Tied to Mislabeling CBD Products

A lawyer who won a previous case against Cura, a company recently acquired by Curaleaf, said the incident is due to “cutting corners.”

from article:
“THC dosing was a substantial factor in his inability to survive COVID,” Fuller said.

"His family believes that it wasn’t the THC that killed him, but his family believes that it was a substantial factor in affecting his health to where he was basically, after that experience

https://www.hempgrower.com/article/curaleaf-cura-likely-to-face-wrongful-death-lawsuit-mislabeling-cbd-thc-tincture/

3 Likes

I’m sure the king still got his cut but you’re right, it is ludicrous.

Using a wanted guy to drive the load was a little sloppy though

3 Likes

More on Jerseys Cannabis industry

4 Likes

What is cannatourism? Everything you should know about the newest trend in travel

https://www.greenstate.com/culture/what-is-cannatourism-heres-everything-you-should-know-about-the-newest-travel-trend/

6 Likes

These record-breaking numbers reflect the perverse impact of the government’s efforts to reduce drug-related deaths. The surge in fatalities followed a successful campaign to reduce opioid prescriptions, which drove nonmedical users toward black-market substitutes that are much more dangerous because their purity and potency are unpredictable.

Between 2010 and 2017, the number of opioid prescriptions per 100 Americans fell by 28 percent; the rate of high-dose opioid prescriptions—defined as 90 morphine milligram equivalents or more per day—fell by 56 percent. Meanwhile, annual opioid-related deaths have more than tripled since 2010.

2 Likes

I dunno if it’s good or bad news but my grandmother finally passed away today. For me it’s a blessing and if anything I feel happy rather than sadness :thinking:
The mood amongst the family is a little weird. No one is upset that she’s gone.
My mother got her blood results back a few days ago also and they came back clear :+1:
Huge weight off my shoulders but still gonna buy stuff I need in to prepare for the future.

8 Likes

My condolences to you @Esrgood4u , I’m sorry for your loss.

Stating the obvious

If we then run a new initiative in 2024 to fix Prop 64 once and for all, we can deliver to the voters of California the bounties of the cannabis/hemp economy they expect and deserve, and restore freedom to the cannabis galaxy. That is the only hope.

5 Likes