Cannabis Grafting

What makes it grafted? Why isn’t it just 3 cuts in the same hole?

Wow, thank you for sharing. That is very interesting, can you please elaborate more on the process?

So far I have heard only few times about grafting cannabis… There were rumours about grafting cannabis on top of hops roots to prove its congeniality.

I don’t know about benefits, what was the reason to try this experiment?

1 Like

The stems were sliced so they all overlap on each other within the cube prior to insertion A mix of NAA/IBA was applied to the stems,

Unfortunately I already passed the cut to the client, I would have liked to dissect the cube to see how the rootball fused together. Its now “1” plant. You could see the tissue come together at the top of the cube in a callus as well as roots at the surface, sorry I didn’t get picts of that.

We were seeing if it could be done. following a typical grafting procedures. I was not convinced that grafting could be done via stems above surface given the structure, thats why I turned it into a root graft.

6 Likes

Man, it is really a interesting experiment! Go for another cubes and send us info please!

Very interesting and unique experiment…

But I’m still missing the benefits… (aside that it is really nice to see that cannabis can be grafted).

Is it just science for a science? :eyeglasses:

I’d understand grafting to another established root structure.

Anyway, good work ! :microscope:

I dont really know the applications of rootgrafting but the point was to make sure it was possible,

I want to try it again and cut the cube apart to see how it fused together.

3 Likes

Ok, great please share it, I’d like to see it!

very cool. definatly shouldnt of gave it away yetXD should ask for pics of it now

Man nobody I’v talked to has heard of grafting!! Blows me away! I found out the best info through an old 70s encyclopedia

Feel free to share your findings from that encyclopedia.

3 Likes

Very interesting ! due to low plant count number I wanted to do grafting and this looks like a great method! Aslong as the bottom fuses together to convince somone that it is 1 plant and not 2-4 plants in the same pot haha, but a plant technically needs roots and its root mass theoretically would be one…

3 Likes

I’ve heard kiwi farmers use a variety of shit kiwis for the roots then graft the tastier variety onto those roots and have a better product, same as grafting my peyote plants onto better roots. Peyote roots are sensitive and garbage

2 Likes

It would be cool to see if Hops roots made bigger buds or more terpenes/trichomes. Also which hops.

2 Likes

The most common modern use of grafting between hops and cannabis is actually to graft a hops vine to a cannabis or hemp root system, because cannabis root systems spread deeper and wider than hops. This has been used as an experimental method to increase hops production for the micro-brewery industry since the price of hops has increased as microbreweries have become common.

1 Like

I was thinking for certain climates, or even just not having a cannabis root ball in general. Like maybe u get small buds with more thc. Either way no root ball. And I’m pretty sure the law is cannabis roots

1 Like

That line of thinking makes me want to try grafting on to a raspberry stalk…

The root system portion, need to do more research on Canada’s legislation…

2 Likes

Lol either way legislation never stopped us before

Something @Jetdro said the other day sparked my imagination, I thought this was a good place to put it.

So it made me think about grafting as a way to get both the increased vigor of a seed and the predictability of a cutting. The idea is to plant a rootstock variety from seeds, perhaps even hemp. You also take rooted cuttings of the scion that are the same size as the seedlings and transplant them to the same container and make a graft of both the rootstock and the graft. Once the graft takes, you cut the top off the rootstock and the root off the scion. This is similar to how they do it with tomatos.

5 Likes

Stem Graft x2

@Andrane has done a bunch of grafting! Very inspirational stuff. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but he has/had quite a few strains all grafted to one plant (stem, not root graft, but still pretty ballin). I’d link it, but I am shitty at searching

Edit: Damnit… Didn’t realize someone brought a five year old post back from the dead :laughing::laughing::laughing:… My comment still stands.