Carty's Artistic Edge

I’m looking forward to playing with the Pastels and doing a desert scene on a Black Canvas… Lady Zandra and I both have a love for pastels…

6 Likes

I had to try out the new pencils from Ix3u and brother, these are so so nice…
matter of factly, I want to do your Kitty over to see if I can do a much better job… I appreciate your patience my friend…

And this is why, I tested these already and omg are they so much brighter colors then cheap pencils… thank you so very much for you kind gifts…

6 Likes

@Carty kitty I painted. Yeah… I dabble a bit.

3 Likes

Pretty nice bro… The woodwork is super nice. I’m not that great of a painter, more of a doodle guy who is self taught and just enjoys it…

Tried to do this Leopard… what a headache… lol Just nice colored pencils and some layering practice… so much blending on this not done well… haha…
but, practice right? I did this one without looking at the picture and it was closer then I thought…

Little time to finish the mouth area and make a few changes… get them nose wrinkles to show up better, ok, at all… hahaha…

Feel free to share here man… I must of gotten 100 bucks worth of art supplies for my birthday…

again, nice painting bro

3 Likes

I made it , very cool drawings

1 Like

I’m improving with each drawing as I learn colored pencils and stop trying to use them like a darn crayon… learning to blend and put lighter colors down first makes the top color pop. Draig has a Lion Tatoo so I’m drawing this for him for a birthday coming up… it has a long long ways to go but off to a really good start…

5 Likes

That’s a good start man, got some nice depth to it :+1:

1 Like

Thanks…little each night

3 Likes

Wow. Looking awesome @Carty

1 Like

2 Likes

All this art is amazing! If I tried to paint/draw any of this people would think it was an abstract lol. Tip my hat to those you can.

2 Likes

No kidding. I couldn’t draw/paint/sketch/etc any of those things if my freakin’ life depended on it.

1 Like

It’s for sure challenging… I’ve tried to find college classes around her or anything really… nothing available and that 's sad. No programs for seniors, oh crap, I’m a senior now… doh.

Look for Art Festivals in your area, it’s truly amazing to see the creativity people have that is rarely shared with the public… I’m hoping to have enough drawings one day to setup a booth and attempt to sell prints…

Really enjoying doing art for friends, mostly their pets… So, feel free to post up a pet photo here, keep them fun, facial shots and expressions are the best… the more a drawing grabs me the more I get into it.

Pigeoman’s cat for example had the best markings ever…

My nieces birthday is up end of July, so have to start this soon… Meet Astro

He’s in his Buffalo Bills Jersey… yeah, but I’ll still draw him… lmao

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.