Cheap homemade LED lamp for growing

Hi guys! I made a short video on the assembly of a home LED lamp. It would be great to get feedback from you, this is my first shooting and editing experience. You can write in this topic or directly in the comments on YouTube.

This is unexpected and more difficult for me than just growing cannabis, but I would like to share my story in full. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/JBShw3oIpCI

9 Likes

I watched and subscribed I thought you did great

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! You are my first subscriber and I will remember that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Happy to show support my Brotha,

2 Likes

i was gonna watch it but it wants me to sign in.

1 Like

Subscribed!! How cool is that. Keep it up, we will keep watching.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m turned on age restriction, but now I turned it off, enjoy!

1 Like

Awesome vid! I wish it existed before I bought my led panel lol but regardless great idea !

1 Like

need a parts list

1 Like

I’ve done it. Grow some dank. Put 3 3 200watt AliExpress kirs together with aluminium L and self tapers work for 3 years till I bought new lights and donated it to a mate

1 Like

2 Likes

A few observations, you didn’t make a parts list, show and discuss safe and proper wiring or mention what all the parts cost you. Also you asked a few times for people to comment but commenting is turned off.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot Mattman, I’m very pleased :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

my video is marked as 18+ and I can’t include comments, apparently I made a mistake somewhere when I uploaded the video. Trying to fix it, thanks!

1 Like

Nice! Which LED did you buy?

So 200e qb panel kits

1 Like

Be Careful those lights will zap the F*** out of a finger. I accidentally touched one and it hurt quit bad. Not a good jolt !!!

Other than that I Subbed too, very creative and really should be bright as F***. I would be worried about heat from those bulbs , any solution to that?

Also ur comments are locked on the vid !!!

2 Likes

You’re right, you need to be careful with the wiring and nylon.

As for the temperature: the lamp heats up decently, but feels less than HPS.

When the whole growing kit arrives to me (I don’t want to do growbox and everything else with my own hands, only lamp: only for educational purposes and only for 1-2 easy grow cycles), then I will measure the temperature.

If everything goes badly, I will have to buy heat sinks (small aluminium radiator things) or set the duct fan to the maximum so that it can drive warm air away from the box. Of course, I will additionally install several small fans and possibly program an Arduino with a thermometer to quickly and clearly respond to strong temperature changes in the box.

I also have a fire extinguisher. Even if I had originally bought the coolest LED lamp, I would have bought a fire extinguisher anyway.

Of course I don’t want my house to burn down! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, comments now are open, sent appeal to YT yesterday, and they lay off with restrictions.

1 Like

A fan and extractor fan. If you got zapped how did u wire it ? While it was plugged in ??

1 Like