Cheapest way to setup effective rdwc

Looking to switch from standalone dwc to rdwc. Hope to use the buckets I have (5gal lowes) not sure if it should be one system/strain (3 x 4 or 5 plant buckets with one main tank each) or if it’d be fine to just do one big setup and have multiple strains running off the same nute solution. I’m assuming it’s the former, but hoping for the latter. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone got a diagram and parts list I can look at?

1 Like

If you’re looking for cheap rdwc isn’t for you. No attitude just facts.

Check out Gary’s videos pa hydroponics on YouTube. He makes some nice instructional videos and sells parts kits with little markup.

I even learned some stuff about building systems and I’ve been at rdwc for almost 2 decades.

1 Like

I’m a firm believer in stand alones, now they may have a few plants in each…but I’m sure to lose only one bucket if something bad happens to the plants…

I love my RDWC but it can’t be done well for cheap UNLESS you already have the parts around.

My system uses 4x 8gal square bucket grow sites in tent and 1x outside as the res. My feed us with 3/4" tubing, all my returns are 3" and my bulkheads are current culture brand. I could have done differently and did price stuff out but even on paper the saving with required work arounds didn’t justify doing it cheaper.

I saved $ by shopping around for used or the cheapest option that matched my needs. This also meant buying bit by bit over a few months so that help with the financial hit.