Choosing a light

Quick question, are there any led lights comparable to a 400w hid for under $100? Going to purchase a light tomorrow and I’m new to the whole led lighting so I’d thought I’d ask and see if I could find some info before I pulled the trigger on the hid light.

5 Likes

under 100$? not likely, unless you find one second hand
you could probably build one for 2-300 though
beware of any light making outrageous claims of hid equivalency

7 Likes

The best you’re going to get for $100ish is a 100w blurple that is roughly equivalent to a 100w HPS.

If you only have $100 to spend a used HID on Kijiji might be your best bet.

3 Likes

TY much for the info. Hid it is off to ebay I go.

4 Likes

I can not say, what my $99.00 LED from HGL group, compares to.
But right now, as I’m waiting for some space, I needed to just hang a light to get some very long flowering Sativas started, just long enough to show sex, 9 plants, each in 1 gallon pots, and in that time, others girls will mature and be culled.
They are rocking along very nicely!!
One of the best light sources I ever used for under a $100.00
I have flowered NOTHING with these yet.

3 Likes

hehehe, gotta drop the disclaimer :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve bought 4 1000w dual channel, full spec LEDs and I’m impressed!! The actual output is 200w I’ve got 3 running in flower tent and 1 over the seedlings. I don’t know any of your local restrictions but I got all my lights and equipment from Amazon. :v:t2:

1 Like

I have grown lots and lots of weed under 400 watt lamps

cheap to buy, cheap to run, have a bulb blow on the

weekend if it is single ended you can buy a 400 watt bulb

at almost any big box store

keep the plant around 40 inches tall from the top of the soil

and they will give you rock hard buds and cover a 40 inch by 40 inch

footprint no problem

not bad to cool

all the best

Dequilo

6 Likes

I think you could get pretty close with the strips from this thread. Plus they’re cooler and should last for years without replacement.

4 Likes

Search Ebay for Bloomspect grow LED, the 1200 watt is 99.99 and says it replaces a 600 Watt HPS/MH

You must be very careful about what they say.

No way this LED replaces a 600w HPS. You would need 2 to even get close

4 Likes

5 Likes

This is what I chose to go with.

4 Likes

I think that will serve you well. Happy growing!

3 Likes

did you go with the 400 watter?

if so and you are somewhere I can ship to I might have a bunch of

400 watt single ended bulbs that are new

if you would like them you can have them I will never use them

I am using 1000 watt double ended right now

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

Check Facebook marketplace. I found an air cooled hood, 1000w ballast, bulbs and hangers for $50. Also found a 6" fan that retails for 200 for 40 on offer up. There are places to stretch a dollar and get good deals

2 Likes

Is that the 65? I just got the 100…

I just ordered off ebay and got a 400w mh hps combo. I am in a closet of my game room and all the ones on Facebook were too big for my area I tried there first. I was just curious if there were led options I hadn’t heard of yet that would fit my need and size of space for a comparable price point. I think I did ok with my choice time will tell.

3 Likes