Playing in the Dirt

Nice haul what was your total flower time on her 10 plus zips nothing to complain about there.

4 Likes

Thanks, @ShiskaberrySavior. Flowering time was pretty close to 90 days - but keep in mind - these are from seed. Most of the plants from this grow didn’t show their sex while in the veg room.

4 Likes

Nice grows man. That Aborigine yields very well, so I’m not surprised. How is/was the smoke?

3 Likes

Ha ha…well, no one complained! :+1:

3 Likes

:mega:MORE UPDATES!!

OK, as I teased in my last “update” post, this update shows the results of my last batch of beans that were generously offered to me from a fellow OG member. This particular member allowed me to pick 4 strains from a list of many more. FOUR STRAINS!! And he was very helpful in guiding me towards my choices based on my personal preferences and objectives. Having gone back and reviewed the list of beans that I had to pick from, I am thrilled with my choices and wouldn’t make different choices today.

So THIS grow, my 4th and biggest (based on seeds started, females available and final tally), started off with 16 babies. Of those, 7 were female (I took a clone from one of them and that clone made into this grow. This is the list:

Blue Dream - 3 plants
Princess Haze (Grimm Bro’s) - 2 plants (one of which was cloned and grown along with mommy)
Thai x Girl Scout Cookies x Stardawg - 1 plant
Girl Scout Cookies Extreme - 1 plant

I don’t have pics showing the individual plants, so here’s a bunch of pics showing some of the buds, plus the results from each…

Blue Dream - plant 1

Blue Dream - plant 1 :point_right: 130 grams / 4.6 oz

Blue Dream - plant 2

Blue Dream - plant 2 :point_right: 133 grams / 4.75 oz

Blue Dream - plant 3 (Sorry, no pics) :point_right: 121 grams / 4.3 oz

Princess Haze - plant 1

Princess Haze - plant 1 :point_right: 97 grams / 3.46 oz

Princess Haze - plant 2*A**
*(labelled as “3” because plant 2 was male)
**(labelled as “A” because I took a clone from her while still in veg and put the clone (“B”) in 12/12 at the same time)

Princess Haze - plant 2A :point_right: 109 grams / 3.9 oz
Princess Haze - plant 2B (Sorry, no pics) :point_right: 52 grams / 1.86 oz

Before I continue, I want to go back to the last few pics of the Princess Haze plant 1 I posted. Do you see that clear liquid looking stuff? Well, I noticed several similar areas on that same plant as I was trimming it. I couldn’t help myself and just had to taste it. It was very thick and pretty darn sweet. In fact, what you see on that bud is only the remnants of what was originally there - I consumed the rest! So what the hell is it? :thinking:

Thai x Girl Scout Cookies x Stardawg

Thai x Girl Scout Cookies x Stardawg :point_right: 91 grams / 3.25 oz

Girl Scout Cookies Extreme

Girl Scout Cookies Extreme :point_right: 75 grams / 2.68 oz

And there you have it. Of the last 4 strains, I’m most thrilled about the GSCE. Yes, I know it’s not the biggest, but it is the most overwhelmingly impressive producer of trichomes, likely an extremely high THC/THCA number, and definitely the easiest to trim. On top of that, the trichomes spill way out onto the leaves, so the trim that’s closest to the buds will help make some powerful RSO. I’m still trying to figure out the best growing method in my current setup, so the production will only go up (I hope!).

12 Likes

Here’s another update to my garden…

Although this thread is labeled “Playing in the Dirt”, I actually start my clones and do most of my veg stage using hydro/aeroponics. I’ve tried all types of methods to start my clones, but I get 100% success rates from my simple setup.

Here’s my first stage…

I usually take small cuttings, so I’m able to cram 15 of them into the lid of this 5 gallon bucket. I have a small pump and EZ Clone style sprayer and use the 3 part GH Flora series nutes with a little RapidStart. Oh, and I dip the cuttings into Clonex before they get introduced to the bucket. I use a translucent cake/pie cover to keep the brighter lights off the delicate cuttings.

The cuttings you see in that bucket were 10 days old and included many that were taken from plants that were several to many weeks into 12/12. The one you see at the 3:00 location is a Mendo Lights that was about 50 days into flowering! I took it because I noticed traits in that plant that gave me reason to question if I selected the right Mendo Lights plant to keep in my perpetual rotation. So I will grow her out again next to her sister and see if I can figure out which one I want to commit to.

After the cutting are well established, I put them in a much larger version of my bucket.

It’s made from 2 50 gallon Sterlite totes, a 400 GPH pump and a much larger sprayer that I made from 1/2 inch tubing, 1/2 inch fittings and a bunch of 360 degree spray nozzles. I continue with the 3 part GH Flora series.

As you can see, some of those established clones are funky looking. Of course, this is due to me taking them from plants that were several weeks into 12/12, but they start to normalize before I transfer them into flowering.

Here’s are those same plants 3 weeks after the previous photo:

And here they are that same day, but after putting them into dirt and trimming them up a bit.

I’ll let them get over the shock of the transfer to soil, then get them started into flowering. Stay tuned!

11 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy

All those beautiful flowers man !! Your garden is Lovely and your work is insane!!

Keep up the Good work brother :v::v::v:

3 Likes

Wow - THANKS @Swe-can! :blush:

2 Likes

I’d reconsider going back to the dark side to … many magical potions and what not​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:glad to have ya here in OG again if any question fire away plenty of peeps producing great buds on both sides .

3 Likes

I’ve posted dried budshots of these strains, but not while they were still alive. So…

Mendo Lights (from @deep_rob of Deep Ellum Seed Company)

BTW - these were taken on her last day under the lights

And here is a Princess Haze (from Grimm Bro’s)

And now, my favorite: Girl Scout Cookies Extreme. She produces the most dense buds I’ve ever grown, and the trichome coverage is insane! It’s crazy how far out onto the leaves the trichomes reach.

11 Likes

Gorgeous!!
:+1: :fireworks: :fire:
glad to see another tomato ring user too…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Princess Haze by Brothers Grimm Seeds

I’m growing 3 different plants of Princess Haze so I can determine which is the best one for my perpetual rotation. This one is PH3.

The breeder, Brothers Grimm, recommends a flowering time of 59 to 63 days.

Here she is on day 63:

I don’t think she was ready on day 63 - do you?

So here she is on day 83:

Triche’s don’t lie…Yeah, she was ready. She was practically begging for it!

This particular pheno has a strong pine aroma with a hint of blueberry (or is it grape?).

10 Likes

What a beauty :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

lol - thanks @Swe-can! :blush: Glad you think so, too!

1 Like

Here’s another Girl Scouts Cookies Extreme; this time, on day 47. She can take up to 75 days or so to finish, so she’s just now getting ready to fatten up, but don’t be fooled by the size of her buds. Although they won’t get super fat or long, they are - by FAR - the most dense, rock hard buds that I’ve ever grown.

And here’s another Blue Dream - also on day 47. She’s already getting fat!

12 Likes

both looking great, and still plenty of time left

2 Likes

Coming out of the closet… :flushed:

…and going into the bathroom :crazy_face:

So my veg closet runneth over. I just removed my 5 gallon cloning bucket and the 14 clones that I had in it and moved them into my clone tote - which I placed in a spare bathroom.

Here’s my closet AFTER I removed the 5 gallon bucket. As you will see, it’s still too full. So imagine how crowded it was before I removed the bucket.

Cloning Closet

What we have in there are:

from seed…

• Sunshine 4 (Chem 4 x Sunshine Daydream)
  • Thai x Forum Cookies x Stardawg
  • NL#5 x Unknown Male. This was a freebie from @DeepRob / Deep Ellum Seeds when he sent me the Mendo Lights beans last year. I guess I was just in a gambling mood when I decided to plant those beans, but they’re looking and smellin’ mighty fine in veg!

clones…

• (5) Girl Scout Cookies Extreme (all 5 are on the right side of the pics)
  • (1) Mendo Lights (tucked in a corner - not visible)

And the 14 clones that I moved into the bathroom are all GSCE. I purposely took small clones because of space / time management issues. They are intended for a trial program that involves the new Greenleaf Nutrients 2 part formula in a hydro setup. The issue is, my flowering room is pretty full and not able to handle the buckets and tubs for a couple of weeks. So 2 weeks from now, these GSCE clones should be about 5 times bigger, and I should have the space in my flowering room. :crossed_fingers:

Spare bath = spare veg room

9 Likes

Very nice grow!

1 Like

Looking good p and h. Really picked up to wherw u left off. Personally its never a gamble running deep robs gear

1 Like

Good looking plants. Nice job

1 Like