Companion plants to cannabis

Probably not their roots don’t go too far down.

2 Likes

Chervil , basil and chamomile are a few that come to mind , Lemon balm , dill and lavender are also great plants to have in outdoor gardens in general esp cannabis

2 Likes

Basil growing alongside some cannabis will make your garden smell great!

1 Like

The venus fly traps need more soil moisture than Cannabis plants. That might not be the best companion.

3 Likes

Ornamental peppers are supposed to be good to house and feed certain types of predator mites when they don’t have enough prey to breed. Regular peppers are fine too but ornamental peppers flower stay open and produce polin longer.

Don’t bother with venus fly traps unless they are established and older plants. They dont start eating flies until they are mature, a few years old. They also need constant moisture and hate being dry so that may not be ideal for your canna plant if in same pot.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Red kale.It will keep the aphids off your plants outside its very sweet and they will snack on this instead of your Cannabis.

It depends what you’re pursuing in a companion crop. Is it pest control? Nitrogen supply for later in veg? To catch excess nutrients that may otherwise leach out of your soil? Also, is it soil we’re talking about? Do you grow indoors or outdoors? Etc.

Somthing weird, differnt. Maybe poisonous, carnivorous, not really sure. First thoughts on it actually. I got a lot pots outside, more cool shit the happier I am.

I’m sure Hops and cannabis are related. I dunno if growing Hops is a thing though.

I’m going to start planting radishes in every pot. Not for companion planting benefits aside from a cheap way to get some free radishes.

People have crossed hops and cannabis in the past.

1 Like

Yeah I knew they were related. Just didn’t realise how closely and that they could be interbreed.

1 Like

Flytrap need to be watered with distilled water. They evolved in a nutrient poor soil and get their needs through the bugs. Cannabis ferts would scorch them pretty quick.

1 Like

as people above mentioned the fly trap wanted low nutrient waterlogged soil.

Grow mimosa Pudica its a legume so the bacteria in its roots helps to fix N and its touch sensitive so it will give you hours of entertainment.
Its tiny lil compound leaves are a canary in the coal mine too when it comes to soil moister.
Wit that said The common clover also has nitrogen fixing bacteria in its roots and is a good canary.

2 Likes

It’s been awhile since I read about it, but I believe the offspring are sterile. Too bad, because I think it would be cool to have a cannabis plant with the Cascade hops strain terpene package. At least just to try…

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend growing hops and cannabis anywhere near each other due to hop latent viroid and the havoc it can cause.

1 Like

Rhizobium is the bacteria required to help clover fix nitrogen in the soil, it is best to inoculate the seed to ensure it is available, however there might be some already in the soil. I’ve used it as a green compost in my vegetable garden before.

1 Like

For sure there are 100s/ thousands of species of Rhizobium. Unless your planting sterile you probably have 1 or 2. Is there a species of rhizobium with a specific associations to clover?

Mimosa pudica FTW you should all grow it. It doesnt have to be in pots with your weed its just super cool.

1 Like